Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's weapons
(09-29-2017, 12:39 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Steelers lost to the Bears, Ravens got blown out by Jax....   We are not very good but this division isnt either. It isnt over yet

So the AFC North has become what the AFC South used to be, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 12:39 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Steelers lost to the Bears, Ravens got blown out by Jax....   We are not very good but this division isnt either. It isnt over yet

Yep, we're only 2 games down. We play the Steelers twice, and the Ravens once. If the Ravens lose Sunday then we will control our destiny to win the division. I doubt we will win the division, but it defiantly could happen. I have seen weirder things in sports.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So the AFC North has become what the AFC South used to be, eh?

I don't know about that. The Stoolers lost in OT to a good running team in the Bears.

The Jags must be pretty damn good on Defense.

Haven't seen them yet this year but heard they are one of the top teams in terms of getting to the QB.

We just lost to a SB contender in OT.

(09-29-2017, 02:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yep, we're only 2 games down. We play the Steelers twice, and the Ravens once. If the Ravens lose Sunday then we will control our destiny to win the division. I doubt we will win the division, but it defiantly could happen. I have seen weirder things in sports.

This Defense should just get better too with Burfict coming back and Billings, Lawson, Willis, WJ3 and Dennard getting more snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know about that. The Stoolers lost in OT to a good running team in the Bears.

Haven't seen them yet this year but heard they are one of the top teams in terms of getting to the QB.

This Defense should just get better too with Burfict coming back and Billings, Lawson, Willis, WJ3 and Dennard getting more snaps.

Steelers lost to a team that got whooped 35-14 and seven of those 14 pts were garbage time points. One of the Steelers' two wins was against the winless Browns, and they just barely won.
The Ravens beat two winless teams in the division and got whooped by a team that lost their top WR and has a mediocre QB.
Bengals and Browns are winless.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the division have a losing record outside the division.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know about that. The Stoolers lost in OT to a good running team in the Bears.

Calling the Packers a SB contender...when they had 6 starters out is a bit of a stretch. When healthy they are.

In the NFL good teams lose to bad teams all the time. The Steelers losing to the Bears means nothing. They'll still win their 10 or 11 games.

Now the Ravens? I could see them winning 8 or 9 games. They're not that good.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 04:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Calling the Packers a SB contender...when they had 6 starters out is a bit of a stretch. When healthy they are.

In the NFL good teams lose to bad teams all the time. The Steelers losing to the Bears means nothing. They'll still win their 10 or 11 games.

The Steelers almost lost to the Browns too...
Reply/Quote
Until the Offensive Line problems are solved this is all moot.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 05:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: Until the Offensive Line problems are solved this is all moot.
Does seem that way. Coaching does not have what it takes to help them improve. I bet they all excel at tickling the ivories however? Just a feeling.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Steelers lost to a team that got whooped 35-14 and seven of those 14 pts were garbage time points. One of the Steelers' two wins was against the winless Browns, and they just barely won.
The Ravens beat two winless teams in the division and got whooped by a team that lost their top WR and has a mediocre QB.
Bengals and Browns are winless.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the division have a losing record outside the division.

When you put it that way, it does look like the ole AFC South.

Damn, how far we all fall.

(09-29-2017, 04:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Calling the Packers a SB contender...when they had 6 starters out is a bit of a stretch. When healthy they are.

Cannot argue, the Pack was banged up but anytime Aaron Rodgers is the QB they have a chance.

The best QB of all time IMHO.

Don't argue with me, this is just my honest opinion Pistons, no need for an argument lol

(09-29-2017, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Does seem that way. Coaching does not have what it takes to help them improve. I bet they all excel at tickling the ivories however? Just a feeling.

Need to fire PA just to not hear these nasty insinuations ever again Sick

Didn't even go into Piston's thread about why we kept the dude around in the 90's. Knew there would be some nasties there.

Just askin for it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 07:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When you put it that way, it does look like the ole AFC South.

Damn, how far we all fall.

Cannot argue, the Pack was banged up but anytime Aaron Rodgers is the QB they have a chance.

The best QB of all time IMHO.

Don't argue with me, this is just my honest opinion Pistons, no need for an argument lol

Need to fire PA just to not hear these nasty insinuations ever again Sick

Didn't even go into Piston's thread about why we kept the dude around in the 90's. Knew there would be some nasties there.

Just askin for it. Mellow

All I can say is he's not teaching them football and it shows.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 08:01 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: All I can say is he's not teaching them football and it shows.

True enough brother.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 04:18 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ok you must be ***** high. 

This stuff has to stop. People wonder why Dalton bashers often get suspended or banned on here, and this is why. They happen to also be the ones more prone to throw insults or bash mods. Then wonder why they got the hammer.

Keep it civil please.

(09-29-2017, 08:39 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I wouldn't want Lazor as the HC unless he lights the world on fire with this offense. I would want another coach to come in. Hell, make Hue the OC when he gets fired from Cleveland. He's only had one win so far up there, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fired him if he has another season like last year.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I don't want Lazor unless he's able to pull off a miracle and bring this offense back. I don't expect to see the 1999 Rams or anything (given the personnel), but something closer to "good".

That said, if the offense is good, we might win enough games to convince Mike that we need another go-round with Marv. Heck, 3 wins might be enough, but you probably get what I'm saying.

I'd gladly welcome Hue back. He's always done well here and it's hard to judge him for the Browns.

Yeah we're still in it on paper, but this just feels like a year where we'll constantly find new ways to lose, and player morale will go down the toilet. Seems it already has.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So the AFC North has become what the AFC South used to be, eh?

Once Rotten retires this division is going to get bad in a hurry.  I hope we can put a decent enough line together to take advantage. 

In reality though. Im about 99% sure that Rosen from UCLA will fall to the Steelers and become the next Brett Favre. It can only work that way.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 02:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yep, we're only 2 games down. We play the Steelers twice, and the Ravens once. If the Ravens lose Sunday then we will control our destiny to win the division. I doubt we will win the division, but it defiantly could happen. I have seen weirder things in sports.

Yeah I am with you.  

What stinks is that it didnt have to come to this. If we could have kept one of our O Linemen, we could have been respectable. The Bengals are the only show in town right now. I am still depressed from the suckage that was the Reds this year and Mike Brown could have saved the city and rode off a hero if he wasnt such a cheap miser. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 02:42 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yeah I am with you.  

What stinks is that it didnt have to come to this. If we could have kept one of our O Linemen, we could have been respectable. The Bengals are the only show in town right now. I am still depressed from the suckage that was the Reds this year and Mike Brown could have saved the city and rode off a hero if he wasnt such a cheap miser. 

We only won 6 games last year with both Whit and Zeitler. Hardly respectable. 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 05:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We only won 6 games last year with both Whit and Zeitler. Hardly respectable. 

Yeah we had 41 sacks last year. Not sure about pressures.

This year we're on pace to allow 59 sacks and a whopping 208 pressures. Hard to win like that, but we weren't THAT much better with those guys. 

As long as Ogabooboo and Blodine are starting, this line (and our chance of winning) is boned.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 05:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We only won 6 games last year with both Whit and Zeitler. Hardly respectable. 

There was a lot more at play than just the O-line. AJ Green getting hurt, Eifert, Gio first year of Zampese etc..... We had basically the same offensive line year before and we won 12 games. 
Reply/Quote