Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton since Lazor took over as OC
It has been 16 games.  Here are his numbers

31 td
9 int
95.0 Passer rating
9-7 record

Two weeks into the 2017 season experts were claiming Dalton was finished and should be replaced.  Although I thought that was crazy it was hard to defend an 0-2 record 4 ints, zero tds, and a 47.2 passer rating
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 31 td
9 int
95.0 Passer rating
9-7 record

Two weeks into the 2017 season experts were claiming Dalton was finished and should be replaced.  Although I thought that was crazy it was hard to defend an 0-2 record 4 ints, zero tds, and a 47.2 passer rating

He might have put the primetime narrative to bed last night too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's playing a lot like what we saw in 2015. Let's hope he can keep this up. If he does, it's hard to see us missing the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
This is cherry picking to the max.

I am a Dalton supporter and believe we can win a SB with him. However, I am not a fan of choosing certain time frames to try and promote a player with the stats from those time frames.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:26 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: This is cherry picking to the max.

I am a Dalton supporter and believe we can win a SB with him.  However, I am not a fan of choosing certain time frames to try and promote a player with the stats from those time frames.

I wonder what his passing yards/game are in that 16 game span...
Reply/Quote

I am a Dalton supporter and believe we can win a SB with him.  However, I am not a fan of choosing certain time frames to try and promote a player with the stats from those time frames.

Nothing random about this time frame.  It was after the second game of last year that Zampese was fired and replaced by Lazor.
Reply/Quote

Zampese
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:27 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I wonder what his passing yards/game are in that 16 game span...

306-500,  3434 yds, 31 td, 9 int
Reply/Quote

It's not like he picked 16 random games. 16 games is an entire season worth of games. It also obviously coincides with when Lazor took over the offense. 

I'll give you Fred cherry picks stats like the best of them but this actually wasn't one of those times. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:21 PM)McC Wrote: He might have put the primetime narrative to bed last night too.

Those who want to put it to bed, put it to bed a long time ago. Those who did not, not likely as some people just can't focus on the future and erase the negatives of the past. Dalton proved to me in 2015 he was a top 8 to 12 QB. I believe he still is better than:

Cousins
 A. Smith
Stafford - yes him
Newton
Tannehill
Garopolo (name)
Winston
Luck
Any rookie or 2nd year starter (Watson is one to watch, but right now it is AD)
Bradford
Foles
Prescott
Flacco
Tyrod Taylor
Carr
Eli

Behind:
Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Ben (but AD is catching him as Ben digresses), Wilson, Rivers, Ryan

Of course my humble opinion
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
His numbers should only get better. O-line is stabalized and improved first and foremost. He has AJ, Boyd, and Eifert as his three main targets. Even Kroft and Uzomah has shown to be reliable early on here. He has two running backs that both are threats out of the backfield, with Mixon getting more respect from the opposing defense going forward.

Really there is no excuse outside of Lazor (if there is going to be an excuse), as to why Dalton doesn't put up career type numbers this year barring major injuries.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing random about this time frame.  It was after the second game of last year that Zampese was fired and replaced by Lazor.

(09-14-2018, 04:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Zampese

(09-14-2018, 04:36 PM)Sweetness Wrote: It's not like he picked 16 random games. 16 games is an entire season worth of games. It also obviously coincides with when Lazor took over the offense. 

I'll give you Fred cherry picks stats like the best of them but this actually wasn't one of those times. 

Then I expect the stats for Dalton to be shown when he has some off games as well.

As I said this is cherry picking.  To try and inflate Dalton using the past 16 games is deceptive. 

Dalton doesn't need the past 16 games to show that he is a good QB.  The team as a whole has failed.  Dalton is the least concerning part of this team.
Reply/Quote
I want the Bengals to get at least one OL from the first two rounds for a while. When Dalton is protected he rips teams to shreds.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:51 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Then I expect the stats for Dalton to be shown when he has some off games as well.

As I said this is cherry picking.  To try and inflate Dalton using the past 16 games is deceptive. 

Dalton doesn't need the past 16 games to show that he is a good QB.  The team as a whole has failed.  Dalton is the least concerning part of this team.

What?  You are making 0 since.  It's not like he skipped over "off games" over the past 16.

These stats literally coincide with replacing an inept offensive coordinator.  This isn't random, and it's not cherry picking.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:51 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Then I expect the stats for Dalton to be shown when he has some off games as well.

His last 16 games include those back-to-back atrocities against the Bears and Vikings last year (25-51, 254 yds, 1 td, 3 ints, 45.7 rating)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 31 td
9 int
95.0 Passer rating
9-7 record

No one could defend last year's start. No one can really defend Dalton's playoff stats either, they are just plain bad (1TD, 6INTs, 4FUMs, 0 wins, 4 losses).

But, it is a team game and it's not just Dalton. Last night Boyd prevented an interception on a bad throw, which helped out Dalton's stat line. The D has put the closing marks on both of these first two games this year.

To Dalton's credit he has turned his play around from last year's start. Maybe he'll do the same come playoff time this year.

Most of us, self included, wanted Marv gone after last year. But it turned out better that we kept him.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Those who want to put it to bed, put it to bed a long time ago. Those who did not, not likely as some people just can't focus on the future and erase the negatives of the past. Dalton proved to me in 2015 he was a top 8 to 12 QB. I believe he still is better than:

Cousins
 A. Smith
Stafford - yes him
Newton
Tannehill
Garopolo (name)
Winston
Luck
Any rookie or 2nd year starter (Watson is one to watch, but right now it is AD)
Bradford
Foles
Prescott
Flacco
Tyrod Taylor
Carr
Eli

Behind:
Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Ben (but AD is catching him as Ben digresses), Wilson, Rivers, Ryan

Of course my humble opinion

I pretty much agree with your post but believe Luck is better than AD. Give Luck some support and he could be great.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:34 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I pretty much agree with your post but believe Luck is better than AD. Give Luck some support and he could be great.

I look at Luck's stats versus AD and AD is better statistically. Luck is very good QB and I consider them close to equal. I gave slight edge to Andy due to durability.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton had his best two seasons in 15 &16 the narrative that it was his fault that we were not a good football team last year is stupid. Our offensive line was clearly the problem and if it wasn't for Andy the team would have been 2-14.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:50 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Andy Dalton had his best two seasons in 15 &16 the narrative that it was his fault that we were not a good football team last year is stupid. Our offensive line was clearly the problem and if it wasn't for Andy the team would have been 2-14.

The coach we love to hate for the Ravens think AD is very good too, he said last night after the game more than once

Reply/Quote