Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton since Lazor took over as OC
(09-18-2018, 09:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Brother, that's been missing A LOT during Marv's entire tenure.  I know QB gets most of the blame, but it really is ridiculous the amount 14 gets from the hometown fans.  For the record, I'm not saying that's been your stance at all.  As you noted, for once, with the lights on, the WHOLE DAMN TEAM showed up to play, and play ferociously.  That's very encouraging.  Your QB is not going to play lights out every single time you take the field.  You need to have the rest of the team be able to pick up the slack in those situations.  That has not been the case in Cincinnati.  Hopefully, this is a harbinger of things to come.  

If you'll look at Shake n Blake's signature, you'll see that "Prime Time Andy" hasn't really been a thing since the 2.0 Browns game.  Prime Time Merv has absolutely been a thing though.  Maybe it was shitty assistants this whole time......idk, but something feels different about this team.  Piano Paul's blocking scheme was 10 years outdated too, and very complex according to Lap during the pregame Thursday.

The whole team played well and that made the difference. Defense came up clutch again.

This is a different team than we are use to. 

As for Dalton, I like him as the Bengals QB, but I've just never confused him with an elite QB. We're seeing a team that is playing smart ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 07:24 PM)pally Wrote:

Didn't Wilson lay a huge egg last night in prime time? I guess Wilson is now showing signs of heading downward in prime time.... Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 09:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Brother, that's been missing A LOT during Marv's entire tenure.  I know QB gets most of the blame, but it really is ridiculous the amount 14 gets from the hometown fans.  For the record, I'm not saying that's been your stance at all.  As you noted, for once, with the lights on, the WHOLE DAMN TEAM showed up to play, and play ferociously.  That's very encouraging.  Your QB is not going to play lights out every single time you take the field.  You need to have the rest of the team be able to pick up the slack in those situations.  That has not been the case in Cincinnati.  Hopefully, this is a harbinger of things to come.  

If you'll look at Shake n Blake's signature, you'll see that "Prime Time Andy" hasn't really been a thing since the 2.0 Browns game.  Prime Time Merv has absolutely been a thing though.  Maybe it was shitty assistants this whole time......idk, but something feels different about this team.  Piano Paul's blocking scheme was 10 years outdated too, and very complex according to Lap during the pregame Thursday.

Even with Dalton putting up those stats, the team is still 4-7-1 in those games.

We looked good in this last one though, so hopefully Lazor/Pollack can help turn things around in that category.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 11:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The whole team played well and that made the difference. Defense came up clutch again.

This is a different team than we are use to. 

As for Dalton, I like him as the Bengals QB, but I've just never confused him with an elite QB. We're seeing a team that is playing smart ball.

Absolutely agree.  If they can continue to play smart and keep their composure we should have a better season than the 9-7 I predicted.  They've already won a game I had pegged as a potential loss, just because I didn't expect them to have meshed so well this early.

I have always had AD in the 10-14 range, and I still do. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 11:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Wilson lay a huge egg last night in prime time? I guess Wilson is now showing signs of heading downward in prime time.... Hilarious

Russell has the same issue Dalton has had the last couple seasons.....no line.  Of course, playing that Bears defense does NO ONE any favors.....yikes!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even with Dalton putting up those stats, the team is still 4-7-1 in those games.

We looked good in this last one though, so hopefully Lazor/Pollack can help turn things around in that category.

Indeed.  They came out rolling early.....then managed to flip the momentum when they needed to.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even with Dalton putting up those stats, the team is still 4-7-1 in those games.

I didn't realize Dalton's rating was that high in recent prime time until I read the tail end of this thread and your Sig. Good Deal  :andy:

Perhaps this team is gonna turn the corner now ?  Tiger
Reply/Quote