Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton starter next year?
With this OL being so bad and them not addressing the OL once agin this offseason , What if we just let Dalton start next year and fix the OL next year and then let Burrow take over. I’m just worried this OL is going to get the kid killed in his first year.
Reply/Quote
Someone mentioned in a separate thread that the backlash from the fans if Dalton starts will be too much to bear, and I agree, people will be pissed.

Cinci has laid Burrows bed for him and he will have to lie in it. Let's hope he survives and learns a lot from his rookie year.

Address the O-line HEAVILY In next years FA and draft if the O-line is no better than 2019.
Reply/Quote
I like the players we selected and we may have finally fixed the horrible LB unit but in am amazed that this FO seems to think everything is hunky dory on the Oline. How can we be fine going into this season with Hart, and an unproven Jonah? I hope he plays up to his draft status to but we can’t just assume he will. If anything all signs point to him being just another disappoint.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: With this OL being so bad and them not addressing the OL once agin this offseason , What if we just let Dalton start next year and fix the OL next year and then let Burrow take over. I’m just worried this OL is going to get the kid killed in his first year.

We have no cap room to keep Dalton and everybody knows it so they won't trade for him. He's getting cut.  We signed Xavier Su'a'filo, a Guard, during the offseason.  Jonah Williams, our first round pick last year who was injured, is healthy and will be our left tackle.  We still have two picks left plus UDFAs plus we did some addition through subtraction by getting rid of the useless Cordy Glenn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No

Reply/Quote
What? No.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If Dalton starts in 2020 Burrow should demand a trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: With this OL being so bad and them not addressing the OL once agin this offseason , What if we just let Dalton start next year and fix the OL next year and then let Burrow take over. I’m just worried this OL is going to get the kid killed in his first year.

Stop.
Reply/Quote
Pat Mahomes sat for a year and then took over a playoff team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

HELL NO.

He's not gonna get killed, ladies.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I like the players we selected and we may have finally fixed the horrible LB unit but in am amazed that this FO seems to think everything is hunky dory on the Oline. How can we be fine going into this season with Hart, and an unproven Jonah? I hope he plays up to his draft status to but we can’t just assume he will. If anything all signs point to him being just another disappoint.
All what signs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Just stop, this line isn’t any worse then some of the lines Phillip Rivers has played behind in his career and Burrow can actually move. You can scheme protection with Burrow by running five man protection and letting Burrow account for any extra blitzers at the line. LSU’s line wasn’t special the year before but when they went with a similar concept they magically became good.

The team wasn’t being rebuilt in one season, and no day 3 lineman is the difference between this teams success or failure.
Reply/Quote

Hell no, Burrow is ten times better than Dalton at avoiding getting hit and manipulating Defenders and a pocket.

Burrow was getting hit all the time last year and held up no problem, don't put him in a bubble, we are not the worst OL in the
NFL and we got better in the Offseason and it isn't over yet. This thinking is sad to me after such a great Offseason and Draft.

If Dalton sticks around it will be at a much lower price and as a back up being paid back up money.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Pat Mahomes sat for a year and then took over a playoff team.

Pat Mahomes wasn’t already 23 and coming off the most dominant college season ever. Burrow is ready.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just stop, this line isn’t any worse then some of the lines Phillip Rivers has played behind in his career and Burrow can actually move. You can scheme protection with Burrow by running five man protection and letting Burrow account for any extra blitzers at the line. LSU’s line wasn’t special the year before but when they went with a similar concept they magically became good.

The team wasn’t being rebuilt in one season, and no day 3 lineman is the difference between this teams success or failure.

This and people are acting like this is the NFL of old where QB's could get hit all the time and were not protected.

Put'em in skirts people, shit. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Stick your face in a toilet.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Stick your face in a toilet.

/thread lol

Reply/Quote
Y'all need to chill with this doomsaying regarding our oline.  It's definitely a weakness but it isn't a catastrophe right now. They were 24th in sacks allowed and 20th in adjusted sack rate last year. And that was with Andre Smith and John Jerry making 10 combined starts on this line, many at LT.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019_roster.htm

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019

We're replacing them with Jonah Williams and Michael Jordan is in his second year, after improving a lot over the year.

We're probably still a bottom half offensive line, but we didn't need like 2 new starters or anything like that. We need depth that isn't John Jerry and Andre Smith.
Reply/Quote
I want the offensive line to improve as much as anybody, but this chickenshit attitude has got to stop.

There are two rounds left.
There are UDFAs.
There are roster cuts.
It's April.

Relax.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pat Mahomes wasn’t already 23 and coming off the most dominant college season ever. Burrow is ready.

Ask Andrew Luck about being ready while the team isn't. He seems to have lots of free time now, I wonder why?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote