Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton stepping up under pressure thus far
One of the few bright spots this year on offense has been the play of the quarterback - so I tried to get to the bottom of what we're seeing out of Andy Dalton through six games.
To a man (well, a coach) - it's about how he's handling pressure.

He was deservedly in the MVP conversation a year ago - many would argue he's playing better this year.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
As we've come to expect, outstanding stuff, Jim.

Andy really is starting to assert himself into the conversation as being one of the best. When Brees, Brady, Rogers and Ben hang up the cleats for good in a few years, I think we'll find Andy at the top of the rankings.

On a side note, any luck on getting a peep out of 97 yet? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If only we could get the guy a competent head coach, offensive coordinator, and oline coach. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
and defensive coordinator, and special teams coach, and kicker who can kick over 50 yards, and, and, and...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think he is having a good year despite the turnover at receiver, a rookie OC, and no Eifert. However he is far from having an MVP kind of year at this point with only 6 TDs thrown through 6 games, even if that very low number is due to the 3 reasons listed above.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's evolving as NFL qb. too bad his offensive coordinator isnt.
Reply/Quote
Great read Jim.....I also enjoyed the link about the trade that never happened and how Andy became a Bengal.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton without Eifert: 25 TDs in last 21 games
Dalton in 2015 with Eifert: 25 TDs in 12 games
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
With an elite QB you're never truly out of contention, and I truly believe everything are reaching that point. Andy has gotten so good at not turning it over. I look forward to watching him for quite a few more years
Reply/Quote