Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton still sucks.
No im not blaming him for the tip pass, pick six so shush.

I'm not blaming him for the piss poor, pass protection.

What I did see was the same old Andy Dalton that drops back, closes his eyes and chucks the ball up to AJ Green regardless of how much time he has to throw.

He doesn't check down.  He doesn't go through progressions.  He can't hit Sanu on a wide open out route with no pressure in his face.

Dalton has not improved one single bit.
Reply/Quote
The line play at the beggining was miserable. I feel like the 2nd int was him just trying to make something happen. Dude barely had any time at all. And when it rains it pours. I blame the line for this bad showing.
Reply/Quote
The O-line sucked...  hard.

He threw some real lame duck passes and made an awful read/throw to Eifert.

Looks like business as usual.  This bowl is holding some shit stew.

Take a spoonful and smile.

Carry on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He had the one bad throw. The other INT was all on Green, and the announcers ripped into Green even showing film of other times he just seems to mentally tune out. They actually ripped the whole offense, and they all deserved it.

Preseason or not that was unacceptable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton sucks, slowly his defenders will stop.
Reply/Quote
Whole offense looked bad.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The whole ***** team looked bad. SMH.. and i thought this was the year we would finally show some consistency - win or lose just be ***** consistent

aka:

PLAY WITH PASSION AT ALL TIMES!

FIRE!

EYE OF THE TIGER!

BE BAD ASSES

see: Steelers, Ravens, Pats

Reply/Quote
Everything was bad....  but With Andy Dalton we are going no where he is NOT a Leader.  They can say and act like he is a leader but he is not a leader.  There are rookie QB's playing so far in the preseason who are looking better than Andy...  not even close.  This is preseason, but honestly last nights performance was enough to let me know Andy is going to be pretty much the same.....  This era of Bengal football Andy AJ etc... is about half way through and if we play the way we did we will not be in a playoff game this year it was that bad..  Preseason or not I don't care they were horrible.  Like I have been saying week 3-4 if he continues the same play all the loving Andy Dalton fans will be chanting AJ..  GUARANTEED!!!  I don't want him as our QB anymore... sick of it..  Seems everyone makes every excuse in the world for him...  we have some of the most talented offense players on the roster and they are going to waste....   This era of Bengals football is almost over....  and not even near where we should be...  preseason, I know but he has not lived up to or ever been close to the QB we need without all the excuses to cover him for some reason.  Paying him that much money is a slap in the face to Bengal fans, we are so stupid to settle for mediocre we are so used to it.. then we bash Pittsburgh we don't have the right...  Its preseason preseason,  doesn't matter we looked horrible...  not professional.  No more excuses for Andy Dalton this is it...  if this year is the same then we MUST move on..   I couldn't imagine what Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Ben or any the top QB's in the league could do with this offense..  just with their leadership and control of the game..  Andy is not a leader.  I never seen a professional player have so many excuses made for him... this team would be so far ahead of the curve if we had a legit QB... if this was the 80' or 90's he would have been traded or benched within the first 2 years, and he probably most def. would have not been starting his first year.. I think all in all it is Carson was going out and so we need to build up this mediocre QB Jay Gruden is not even here now time to move on from this experiment.. he is not what we need.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:24 AM)Joelist Wrote: He had the one bad throw. The other INT was all on Green, and the announcers ripped into Green even showing film of other times he just seems to mentally tune out. They actually ripped the whole offense, and they all deserved it.

How bad is it when the production crew (TV) has clips queued up and ready to go showing all of AJ's poor decisions?  That wasn't by chance.  To have that ready to go speaks volumes to me.  And I wonder if Gruden had been made aware of that by his brother throughout the years??  Hmmm.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:39 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Everything was bad....  but With Andy Dalton we are going no where he is NOT a Leader.  They can say and act like he is a leader but he is not a leader.  There are rookie QB's playing so far in the preseason who are looking better than Andy...  not even close.  This is preseason, but honestly last nights performance was enough to let me know Andy is going to be pretty much the same.....  This era of Bengal football Andy AJ etc... is about half way through and if we play the way we did we will not be in a playoff game this year it was that bad..  Preseason or not I don't care they were horrible.  Like I have been saying week 3-4 if he continues the same play all the loving Andy Dalton fans will be chanting AJ..  GUARANTEED!!!  I don't want him as our QB anymore... sick of it..  Seems everyone makes every excuse in the world for him...  we have some of the most talented offense players on the roster and they are going to waste....   This era of Bengals football is almost over....  and not even near where we should be...  preseason, I know but he has not lived up to or ever been close to the QB we need without all the excuses to cover him for some reason.  Paying him that much money is a slap in the face to Bengal fans, we are so stupid to settle for mediocre we are so used to it.. then we bash Pittsburgh we don't have the right...  Its preseason preseason,  doesn't matter we looked horrible...  not professional.  No more excuses for Andy Dalton this is it...  if this year is the same then we MUST move on..   I couldn't imagine what Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Ben or any the top QB's in the league could do with this offense..  just with their leadership and control of the game..  Andy is not a leader. 
The last thing Cris Carter said before the game was that the Bengals are a good QB away from being a great team.  Granted, no one looked very good last night but the truth is plain to see--AD does not inspire his teammates, he is not a guy who can overcome adversity and will his team to a win.

Problem is, we're stuck with the big red albatross. 

Also stuck with the arrogant pot-bellied head albatross too.  Has a HC ever been fired after a pre-season game?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 02:24 AM)Joelist Wrote: He had the one bad throw. The other INT was all on Green, and the announcers ripped into Green even showing film of other times he just seems to mentally tune out. They actually ripped the whole offense, and they all deserved it.

I just find it hilarious that Joelist is being Joelist and keeps defending Andy to the death. What's the count of this guy saying that Andy only had 1 bad throw on the night? Pretty sure there were a few in the chat box and at least a couple posts so far. It was like this in EVERY game day thread on the old boards too. Excuses for everything Andy does, but just trashes the rest of the team throughout the entire game.

It must feel weird being an Andy Dalton fan more than a Bengals fan.

Oh, and you throwing out "they all deserved it" isn't making your first sentence disappear nor is it making you automatically objective now. Andy lovers unite, I'm sure you can find an evening clinic that can help with treatment.
Reply/Quote
Ive never been an Andy apologist...

However that offensive line last night was horrendous, Dalton had zero time to go through his progressions. This is not an excuse but a fact.

Coming on here and ripping Dalton, for an entire offensive meltdown is just weak.
Reply/Quote
Everyone knows Andy isnt the answer, every year people say we have the talent to win it all but only thing holding us back is Andy Dalton. to be honest im seeing a Matt Schaub situation here a QB who is a little above average but just isnt that QB to take that team to next level. I love Marvin Lewis also and what he has done but we are so stuck on the fact what we were before he came that we are scared to let him go and move on. Changes will be needed after this season if we dont make playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:02 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ive never been an Andy apologist...

However that offensive line last night was horrendous, Dalton had zero time to go through his progressions. This is not an excuse but a fact.

Coming on here and ripping Dalton, for an entire offensive meltdown is just weak.

And the couple times he did have time, he still didn't go through his progressions and he looked awful to complete the total meltdown. This is not an excuse but a fact.

Coming on here and excusing Andy when he was absolutely PART of the horrendous mess is just weak.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:17 AM)djs7685 Wrote: And the couple times he did have time, he still didn't go through his progressions and he looked awful to complete the total meltdown. This is not an excuse but a fact.

Coming on here and excusing Andy when he was absolutely PART of the horrendous mess is just weak.

Seems like when Bad Andy shows up, the whole ship sinks with him.  Coincidence?  As soon as AJ caused the pick 6, Andy folded his tent and so did everyone around him.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:20 AM)McC Wrote: Seems like when Bad Andy shows up, the whole ship sinks with him.  Coincidence?  As soon as AJ caused the pick 6, Andy folded his tent and so did everyone around him.  

100% accurate.

The line was awful. Whenever the line wasn't so awful, Andy looked lost. Whenever Andy didn't look lost and actually hit a receiver, the receiver made a mistake. Whenever they weren't making a mistake, Andy or someone from the line was screwing up. Andddd around and around we go.

Andy is not immune to this circle of putrid play, and he certainly threw more than 1 bad pass and made more than 1 poor decision. Eifert was certainly coverable, A.J. wanted to play beach volleyball, and the o-line forgot how to block, but all of that doesn't mean that Andy automatically had an okay game. He sucked along with the rest of them last night.

BTW, I just want to mention that I don't think this thread makes a ton of sense. Dalton doesn't "suck", but he did yesterday. My posts are merely stating that it's silly for him to be immune to the criticism when he obviously deserves it with the rest of them (he DIDN'T look good last night). It's still a preseason game at the end of the day, and people need to calm down.
Reply/Quote
Andy should be able to see a safety in the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:25 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 100% accurate.

The line was awful. Whenever the line wasn't so awful, Andy looked lost. Whenever Andy didn't look lost and actually hit a receiver, the receiver made a mistake. Whenever they weren't making a mistake, Andy or someone from the line was screwing up. Andddd around and around we go.

Andy is not immune to this circle of putrid play, and he certainly threw more than 1 bad pass and made more than 1 poor decision. Eifert was certainly coverable, A.J. wanted to play beach volleyball, and the o-line forgot how to block, but all of that doesn't mean that Andy automatically had an okay game. He sucked along with the rest of them last night.

It all starts up front and our line is consistently bad when it is an obvious passing down.  Especially when it is an obvious long pass that needs time to develop.  For everyone quick to point out PFFs praise of our offensive line, unless our QBs are throwing checkdowns they are mostly pathetic.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:30 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It all starts up front and our line is consistently bad when it is an obvious passing down.  Especially when it is an obvious long pass that needs time to develop.  For everyone quick to point out PFFs praise of our offensive line, unless our QBs are throwing checkdowns they are mostly pathetic.  

Lol.

"They're mostly pathetic", you mean in ONE preseason game, right?

Same with Andy. He doesn't suck because last night happened. The offensive line doesn't suck because of 1 game either.

You guys need to cool down with all of this.
Reply/Quote
Thing is you are going to have games when the pocket isn't clean. and when we have games like this andy struggles badly. He doesn't flat out suck but he just isnt the answer for this team.
Reply/Quote