Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton still sucks.
The whole team gave an uninspired, unmotivated, and totally unacceptable performance, Dalton among them. Dalton wasn't a part of the solution he was part of the problem.

But the real heart of the problem has been here for 13 seasons now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:32 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Lol.

"They're mostly pathetic", you mean in ONE preseason game, right?

Same with Andy. He doesn't suck because last night happened. The offensive line doesn't suck because of 1 game either.

You guys need to cool down with all of this.

It's an ongoing trend.  Our lines get dominated in the prime time.  Our offense involves a lot of short passes.  Whenever a play needs time to develop, our QB usually ends up on the ground.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:40 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It's an ongoing trend.  Our lines get dominated in the prime time.  Our offense involves a lot of short passes.  Whenever a play needs time to develop, our QB usually ends up on the ground.  

And when they hold up, our QB throws at the ground. It's a vicious cycle. It's also an ongoing trend that our QB looks lost in primetime. You pretending that it's all on the OL is just as bad as the people that blame everything on Andy.

Your obsession with Andy is on par with the other 2 goofballs around here.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:41 AM)djs7685 Wrote: And when they hold up, our QB throws at the ground. It's a vicious cycle.

Your obsession with Andy is on par with the other 2 goofballs around here.

When they hold up?  Our QB obviously doesn't have confidence in the pocket.  Can't really blame him given how infrequent it is.  
Reply/Quote
Yep as usual no matter what everyone in the world saw (our shaky oline, aj green drops, hill fumble, no pressure etc)...... It's Daltons fault!

He actually looked sharp with most of his throws. If you watched. He got in trouble when he tried to save the night after the Pick 6. And we saw what happened. But I can't see how you watch that game and think it was Dalton ala Cleveland. His ball placement was relatively good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:42 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: When they hold up?  Our QB obviously doesn't have confidence in the pocket.  Can't really blame him given how infrequent it is.  

Why not just give him due criticism as well though? I don't really understand why you can never seem to do that.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:20 AM)McC Wrote: Seems like when Bad Andy shows up, the whole ship sinks with him.  Coincidence?  As soon as AJ caused the pick 6, Andy folded his tent and so did everyone around him.  

This could be the case, but it could be the opposite as well. Bad Andy didn't really reveal himself early on. 

I don't believe the tone of a game can be set from the opening drive, but for shits and giggles I'll go with that line of thinking here when I say that (the tone) was set with TB's opening drive, which had nothing to do with Andy. Of course Andy can't block or catch for himself either, or secure the ball on a run play. 

I just can't blame This particular meltdown on the QB play, as poor as it was. 

I also believe AJ Green ran an out route too deep where Andy threw the ball too short but far enough to pick up the first down. The pass looked horrible. I have a feeling that was on AJ. 

Andy's over throw pick was a bad throw but it's telling, that he came right back and made the same throw a few plays later and Eifert dropped it. 

Don't get me wrong,  Andy played terrible. But it definitely doesn't begin or end there. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
So the total offensive line was horrible, but Andy was the main culprit?

Laughable.

Andy had his moments, the offensive line didn't block well the whole game, AJ made a bad play, Hill fumbled, Gio was lost, but somehow it all comes back on Andy as the fall guy.

Yea we get it, you guys don't like Dalton, but pinning the loss on him is a reach.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:44 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Why not just give him due criticism as well though? I don't really understand why you can never seem to do that.

Dalton threw a bad pass in a desperate attempt to get something going.  He obviously shouldn't have thrown it.  But you are missing the forest for the trees:  this team won't be very successful long term and in the playoffs getting beat up front like they consistently do.  Give the QB time (you know like Winston had) and Dalton's proven he can move the chains.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:46 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So the total offensive line was horrible, but Andy was the main culprit?

Laughable.

Andy had his moments, the offensive line didn't block well the whole game, AJ made a bad play, Hill fumbled, Gio was lost, but somehow it all comes back on Andy as the fall guy.

Yea we get it, you guys don't like Dalton, but pinning the loss on him is a reach.

(08-25-2015, 09:46 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Dalton threw a bad pass in a desperate attempt to get something going.  He obviously shouldn't have thrown it.  But you are missing the forest for the trees:  this team won't be very successful long term and in the playoffs getting beat up front like they consistently do.  Give the QB time (you know like Winston had) and Dalton's proven he can move the chains.  

Other than OP, who is saying that it's 100% on Andy??

I'm pretty sure the main point that myself and others have been saying is that Andy shouldn't be immune to the criticism for his poor performance like some are excusing him for.

Nothing more, nothing less. People freaking out this much over a dumb preseason game is absolutely ridiculous though. I'm just here to make fun of the super-Andy-defenders. I couldn't care less about these dumb scrimmages other than our guys getting out healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:45 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: How bad is it when the production crew (TV) has clips queued up and ready to go showing all of AJ's poor decisions?  That wasn't by chance.  To have that ready to go speaks volumes to me.  And I wonder if Gruden had been made aware of that by his brother throughout the years??  Hmmm.

Meaningless, they have clips of everything good and bad loaded up.
Reply/Quote
Looks like it's the same folks ignoring the obvious failures of the offense to blame Dalton on everything. News flash. Brady, Brees, and Manning wouldn't have been able to produce under siege from a leaky oline.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Looks like it's the same folks ignoring the obvious failures of the offense to blame Dalton on everything. News flash. Brady, Brees, and Manning wouldn't have been able to produce under siege from a leaky oline.

Yes, tons of people have run in to say that it's 100% Andy's fault and that nobody else played poorly.

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

What I DID see, was a bunch of people run in to cry that the team sucks except Andy only had "1 bad throw", and that he "looked sharp" LOL, good one, guys.
Reply/Quote
This isn't a hard concept to grasp... If a play designed in such a way that the QB has to go through his progressions, but he doesn't have time to do so, then we see exactly what we saw last night. One Andy makes a bad throw, or two Andy is sacked.
The overthrown seam route was the exception, Andy had time, but just sailed it. The pick six was AJ's fault obviously, but i'm sure some of you on here are convinced otherwise. The only scoring drive Andy was involved in stalled because of another offensive line collapse that resulted in Andy throwing away the ball.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:52 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yes, tons of people have run in to say that it's 100% Andy's fault and that nobody else played poorly.

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

What I DID see, was a bunch of people run in to cry that the team sucks except Andy only had "1 bad throw", and that he "looked sharp" LOL, good one, guys.

I don't think anyone has stated Andy looked sharp. He clearly didn't. He did have more than one bad throw, but the criticism he's getting for an entire offensive failure is unfair. A lot of things went wrong to look as bad as they did on offense last night, not just a lack luster performance by Andy.
Reply/Quote
Not sure what this is only 1 preseason game talk is. The leaky Oline, the AJ drops/misommunication, the rb fumbles, the no pressure/no turnover/can't stop the run defense, and Dalton interceptions are not preseason issues....

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure what this is only 1 preseason game talk is. The leaky Oline, the AJ drops/misommunication, the rb fumbles, the no pressure/no turnover/can't stop the run defense, and Dalton interceptions are not preseason issues....

It actually looks a lot like last season.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:56 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This isn't a hard concept to grasp... If a play designed in such a way that the QB has to go through his progressions, but he doesn't have time to do so, then we see exactly what we saw last night. One Andy makes a bad throw, or two Andy is sacked.
The overthrown seam route was the exception, Andy had time, but just sailed it. The pick six was AJ's fault obviously, but i'm sure some of you on here are convinced otherwise. The only scoring drive Andy was involved in stalled because of another offensive line collapse that resulted in Andy throwing away the ball.

The o-line didn't break down on EVERY play, no matter what you and the other extremist Andy defenders want to say.

Nobody is sitting here saying that A.J. didn't play volleyball or Eifert didn't drop a pass or the o-line played well. We're actually saying the opposite.

If you watched that game and thought Andy looked sharp, your opinion of quarterbacks shouldn't be taken very seriously. Andy didn't play very well, the rest of the offense played like shit, and it was still a preseason game.

Why are people freaking out every time I post acting as if I'm blaming everything 100% on a guy that I've clearly stated isn't all his fault? Do you guys have difficulty reading or just admitting that I'm right about what I'm saying??
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:03 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The o-line didn't break down on EVERY play, no matter what you and the other extremist Andy defenders want to say.

Nobody is sitting here saying that A.J. didn't play volleyball or Eifert didn't drop a pass or the o-line played well. We're actually saying the opposite.

If you watched that game and thought Andy looked sharp, your opinion of quarterbacks shouldn't be taken very seriously. Andy didn't play very well, the rest of the offense played like shit, and it was still a preseason game.

Why are people freaking out every time I post acting as if I'm blaming everything 100% on a guy that I've clearly stated isn't all his fault? Do you guys have difficulty reading or just admitting that I'm right about what I'm saying??

No one is saying they did.  However they did more than not.  To the point of the QB or offense not being able to get into any sort of rhythm whatsoever.  But rhythm on offense and a consistent pocket is sort of overrated isn't it?  
Reply/Quote
You must be looking at completions. I'm looking at ball placement and technique. Dalton was fine with both, with the exception of the 2nd interception and the out to Green. Real talk. Rewatch the game. Green makes the catch Eifert holds onto the ball and scores, and your perception of Dalton's night changes. I don't blame the sacks on him, or the throw under pressure.

Reply/Quote