Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton still sucks.
It's clear to those who wish to see it that Dalton did not play well.  Heck, nobody did on the first team except for Geno from what I saw.  Obviously, people are concerned about the QB play more than anything else because he has his hands on the ball every single play on offense.  I think it's a legitimate concern.  We've all seen this erratic play before and we are hoping it does not continue into the regular season.  Andy's last game against Tampa in 2014 was poor as well.

Last night's struggles:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000515748/Dalton-struggles-against-Bucs

Unfortunately, we have two QB's with below average arm strength it looks like when I watch the games.  AJ's seems to be really weak and Andy just can't really control the deep ball all that well.  I dunno, maybe I'm not seeing things right either.

Offensive line was horrendous last night though.  Yikes.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:06 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: No one is saying they did.  However they did more than not.  To the point of the QB or offense not being able to get into any sort of rhythm whatsoever.  But rhythm on offense and a consistent pocket is sort of overrated isn't it?  

(08-25-2015, 10:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: You must be looking at completions. I'm looking at ball placement and technique. Dalton was fine with both, with the exception of the 2nd interception and the out to Green. Real talk. Rewatch the game. Green makes the catch Eifert holds onto the ball and scores, and your perception of Dalton's night changes. I don't blame the sacks on him, or the throw under pressure.

Having a consistent pocket is great, and his ball placement and technique looked fine at times for sure. He certainly wasn't "on" all night like you guys are saying, and it certainly was more his fault than 0%.

The Green volleyball routine wouldn't change my perception of Andy because that was A.J.'s fault 100%. Eifert's drop was 100% his fault. Andy had fine ball placement on those throws and some others, but to say he looked sharp and only had 1 poor decision the entire night is just flat out not true.

I just find it hypocritical that I'm getting attacked for wanting to give Andy SOME amount of blame for the offense's overall performance. The o-line probably deserves more blame than anyone else on the team, so I'm not trying to say they were good by any means, but Andy shouldn't be immune like he seems to be with some people.
Reply/Quote
andy got frustrated on the throw he forced to Eifert.

All the rest was not on Andy.

Offensive line was horrible last night.

I Curtis did not drop balls thrown right to his hands and knock them up for an easy interception. I Curtis also played DB and knocked down bad throws to prevent interceptions. AJ is an incredible gifted WR but he has got to focus more.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:20 AM)McC Wrote: Seems like when Bad Andy shows up, the whole ship sinks with him.  Coincidence?  As soon as AJ caused the pick 6, Andy folded his tent and so did everyone around him.  

Bad o-line showed up well before "bad Andy" did.  No coincidence there.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:29 AM)67bengals Wrote: andy got frustrated on the throw he forced to Eifert.

All the rest was not on Andy.

Offensive line was horrible last night.

I Curtis did not drop balls thrown right to his hands and knock them up for an easy interception. I Curtis also played DB and knocked down bad throws to prevent interceptions. AJ is an incredible gifted WR but he has got to focus more.

The OL was horrid last night. But, AD continues to make very rookie/dumb mistakes when the team gets behind. The first pick for the TD was obviously a very bad play by AJ Green, but there was tons of time left in the game, the route to Eifert was triple covered so extremely bad decision to throw that pass. These are the plays he needs to just throw the ball away and let Huber punt.

AD's play was very disappointing and I don't care if it was pre-season. He is in year 5 and he needs to start playing like he is in year 5 and make better decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
These debates will never end.

The Dalton lovers continue to defend while the objective observers realize that Dalton didn't play well.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 08:45 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: How bad is it when the production crew (TV) has clips queued up and ready to go showing all of AJ's poor decisions?  That wasn't by chance.  To have that ready to go speaks volumes to me.  And I wonder if Gruden had been made aware of that by his brother throughout the years??  Hmmm.

Indeed. AJ should be embarrassed by that film reel as it shows the mental miscues are not isolated. Then to make it worse we watch other teams and see receivers like Boldin actually turn into a defender and prevent the INT if the ball is off, or get in there and win the fight for the ball. In other words, actually PLAY THE WR POSITION.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess Joe Flacco still sucks too!

3/7 for 23 yards and 2 ints against the Eagles!

Their backup went 15/21 for 158 yards and 2TDS!!!

CONTROVERSY!!!

No, preseason is preseason, both Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are good starters in this league and a few failure series in preseason doesn't change that.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:13 AM)Clappington Wrote: to be honest im seeing a Matt Schaub situation here a QB who is a little above average but just isnt that QB to take that team to next level.
I'm seeing that too
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I guess Joe Flacco still sucks too!

3/7 for 23 yards and 2 ints against the Eagles!

Their backup went 15/21 for 158 yards and 2TDS!!!

CONTROVERSY!!!

No, preseason is preseason, both Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton are good starters in this league and a few failure series in preseason doesn't change that.

ThumbsUp

Yesterday's implosion wasn't exciting, nor should it make us thrilled as Bengals fans, but it's crazy seeing people think we should trade for Glennon after last night. The funny thing is, weren't people saying we should pick up the Giants backup if he's cut too like a week ago?? I sense a trend, people seem to go nuts for other team's backup QBs. Is there going to be a petition to trade for Jimmy Clausen after the next game??
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:37 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Yesterday's implosion wasn't exciting, nor should it make us thrilled as Bengals fans, but it's crazy seeing people think we should trade for Glennon after last night. The funny thing is, weren't people saying we should pick up the Giants backup if he's cut too like a week ago?? I sense a trend, people seem to go nuts for other team's backup QBs. Is there going to be a petition to trade for Jimmy Clausen after the next game??

Dont be silly
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:41 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: Dont be silly

You do realize that there was a portion of the board clamoring for us to pick up Ricky Stanzi, assuming he is cut, right?

Are you just going to pretend that didn't happen?

I never said they want him to start, but it definitely happened.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You do realize that there was a portion of the board clamoring for us to pick up Ricky Stanzi, assuming he is cut, right?

I wasnt on the boards during the Giants game.

I assume it was tongue and cheek

Glennon on the other hand, is proven.

Clausen is also a joke

But we shouldnt make any QB moves until this season is over. Dalton has a lot to prove
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:46 PM)Frank Pembleton Wrote: I wasnt on the boards during the Giants game.

I assume it was tongue and cheek

Glennon on the other hand, is proven.

Clausen is also a joke

But we shouldnt make any QB moves until this season is over. Dalton has a lot to prove

No, people were saying he looked great and should be brought in as the new backup if he's cut. Just do a search for Stanzi and I'm sure you'll find some discussion on it.

Glennon is proven in which way? Proven to be mediocre, benched, and Jameis Winston taken in the draft to start over you? Sure, he has proven all of that.

Clausen is absolutely awful though, so that part was sort of a joke on my end. I do find it funny that fans always go nuts over backup QBs in preseason. It happens every single year. These guys aren't joking either, but they'll definitely pretend it didn't happen a month later when the guy they hyped is flipping tires at Sam's Club.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Glennon is proven in which way? Proven to be mediocre, benched, and Jameis Winston taken in the draft to start over you? Sure, he has proven all of that.

Look at Glennon's career numbers.

Also, watch him play. I've seen him play before last nights game. Kid's got talent and is seriously underrated.

Not his fault Lovie Smith doesnt like him.

You honestly think McCown is better than Glennon? that was just a case of Lovie bringing in his own guy and giving him first dibs.

Lovie's starting Winston because he's the 1st pick
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You do realize that there was a portion of the board clamoring for us to pick up Ricky Stanzi, assuming he is cut, right?

The way of the board.

Every great showing by a back up is just another Tom Brady that never got his shot according to some posters.

I love how everyone is always like "I have watched some tape on this kid... blah blah you just don't know".

lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:01 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: The way of the board.

Every great showing by a back up is just another Tom Brady that never got his shot according to some posters.

I love how everyone is always like "I have watched some tape on this kid... blah blah you just don't know".

lol.

speaking of backups i think we need to find space for wilder jr... STs and running is there it seems
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:32 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Lol.

"They're mostly pathetic", you mean in ONE preseason game, right?

Same with Andy. He doesn't suck because last night happened. The offensive line doesn't suck because of 1 game either.

You guys need to cool down with all of this.

No, he doesn't suck because he had a bad game.   But it is symptomatic of the larger issue with this organization.  They are capable of brilliance and equally capable of an appalling level of stinking.  This is what stops me from ever trusting this franchise.   It will always be in the back of my mind as game time approaches--will they stink today?

And to anyone buying the propaganda about Andy taking leadership of this team, I say, it's all BS.

I also say this--McCarron will be the starter before the year is out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: I also say this--McCarron will be the starter before the year is out.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:45 PM)McC Wrote: I also say this--McCarron will be the starter before the year is out.

(08-25-2015, 04:48 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: ThumbsUp

Don't know if you guys are serious or not, but, barring injury, I will bet anything that McCarron does not take the starting job from Dalton.
Reply/Quote