Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to Bears?
The Bears have hired former Bengals offensive coordinator Bill Lazor as their new offensive coordinator. Seems like an odd hire since he didn't have a ton of success here. The Dalton to Chicago rumblings have already been out there. This should ramp them up even further.
Reply/Quote
I could see them going the Mariotta/Tannehill route with Trubisky/Dalton but I don't think they're going to offer anything high enough to get a trade from MB nor do I see Dalton going as a FA to a place with a starter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:18 AM)Fullrock Wrote: The Bears have hired former Bengals offensive coordinator Bill Lazor as their new offensive coordinator. Seems like an odd hire since he didn't have a ton of success here. The Dalton to Chicago rumblings have already been out there. This should ramp them up even further.

in that case im sure dalton doesnt want anything to do with it..

but lazor wont be calling plays in chicago.

they brought in lazor to work with Mitch
Reply/Quote
Bears fans are THRILLED with the addition of Lazor and the possibility of adding Dalton judging by the article comments I read........That is if "THRILLED" means that they sound like us discussing most Bengal moves.
Reply/Quote
Dalton wants to go to a team where he can compete for a starting job, and Chicago would be one of those places. The Bears are 19th in the draft order. I think a 3rd round pick would be a reasonable expectation to get for Dalton. The problem is the Bears don't have a 1st round pick due to trading it to the Raiders for Mack, so would they enemy even entertain giving up a 3rd rounder?
Reply/Quote
Patriots and Bears top spots?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:42 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Patriots and Bears top spots?

Possibly TB if they cut ties with Winston. I could see that one going either way.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Possibly TB if they cut ties with Winston. I could see that one going either way.

TB would be interesting, Andy would do well I think. Andy is a family guy, I hope he finds a place where he and his family would want to raise their kids. It's a brutal business for some players constantly moving. Warm weather, good WR's, and a decent coach. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:17 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: TB would be interesting, Andy would do well I think. Andy is a family guy, I hope he finds a place where he and his family would want to raise their kids. It's a brutal business for some players constantly moving. Warm weather, good WR's, and a decent coach. 

Pretty sure people with money find a comfortable place to live anywhere in this country. 
Reply/Quote
If the Bears offer a 3rd rounder or better, the Bengals better take that immediately.
That would also be good because Dalton would be in the NFC.
They have a good defense and the combo of Montgomery and Cohen is decent. Montgomery should carry more of the load moving forward, as he was just a rookie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pretty sure people with money find a comfortable place to live anywhere in this country. 

Money isn't everything. Schools, friends, living in Ohio for so long. Will be hard for the family, it is reality for the sport. I just hope they settle in and have great memorable moments wherever they go.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:31 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Money isn't everything. Schools, friends, living in Ohio for so long. Will be hard for the family, it is reality for the sport. I just hope they settle in and have great memorable moments wherever they go.

Maybe the Browns will take him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the Browns will take him. 

Idk we’d probably have to use some of those MiB memory eraser things to make them forget the 2.0 game lol

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Possibly TB if they cut ties with Winston. I could see that one going either way.

I'm kind of surprised nobody is mentioning the Colts for a possible trade spot. Jacoby Brissett is not the answer there and I think Indy is an instant playoff contender with Dalton and the team they already have.
Reply/Quote
Step one - the front office needs to make it known he is available.

Step two - Andy says willing to renegotiate final year to reduce cap hit.

Then front office needs to seriously talk trades. He would fit well on the Bears, Colts or Bucs for starters.

As to relocating, I just hope they they maintain something like their level of involvement in the Cincinnati community as they have been VERY involved and were doing big time charitable stuff even when he was on his rookie deal.
Reply/Quote
The Bears GM is tied to Trubisky. He's gonna get canned if Mitch doesn't succeed there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:51 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: I'm kind of surprised nobody is mentioning the Colts for a possible trade spot. Jacoby Brissett is not the answer there and I think Indy is an instant playoff contender with Dalton and the team they already have.

I suggested that prior to the trade deadline and everyone yelled at me.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:51 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: I'm kind of surprised nobody is mentioning the Colts for a possible trade spot. Jacoby Brissett is not the answer there and I think Indy is an instant playoff contender with Dalton and the team they already have.

Dalton needs weapons to take a team to the playoffs. Colts don't have many outside of Hilton who seems to be injured a lot. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 02:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I suggested that prior to the trade deadline and everyone yelled at me.

Well, Brissett was playing pretty well for much of the year. Yds weren’t there but he finished with a rating of 88.0 and had 18 TD to only 6 INT.

That’s Dalton-esque...

Reply/Quote
Bill and Andy will look to rekindle that magic that led Andy to the 26th rated starting QB in the NFL.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote