Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to Bears?
(01-14-2020, 02:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, Brissett was playing pretty well for much of the year. Yds weren’t there but he finished with a rating of 88.0 and had 18 TD to only 6 INT.

That’s Dalton-esque...

Just missing the 5 playoffs .... dalton will land on his feet and take a team to playoffs and probably win 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just missing the 5 playoffs .... dalton will land on his feet and take a team to playoffs and probably win 

Dalton going to the playoffs every year is ancient history. It’s a what have you done lately type of league.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:51 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: I'm kind of surprised nobody is mentioning the Colts for a possible trade spot. Jacoby Brissett is not the answer there and I think Indy is an instant playoff contender with Dalton and the team they already have.

Definitely a thought for sure. Either way I hope we get at least a 3rd rounder for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just missing the 5 playoffs .... dalton will land on his feet and take a team to playoffs and probably win 

well, if they win it won't be because of him for sure. Not many get 5 attempts and bomb them. THe only time we had a chance to win it, was with McCarron at the helm, if it wasn't for Burfict & Hill.  Oooww the irony.  Smirk

PS. I like Andy, but leaving without a playoff win puts him right with Marvin in the realm of mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 10:54 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: well, if they win it won't be because of him for sure. Not many get 5 attempts and bomb them. THe only time we had a chance to win it, was with McCarron at the helm, if it wasn't for Burfict & Hill.  Oooww the irony.  Smirk

PS. I like Andy, but leaving without a playoff win puts him right with Marvin in the realm of mediocrity.

True, Andy was a good QB for us, one of if not the best, so far...

Before the Joe comes into town. Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk we’d probably have to use some of those MiB memory eraser things to make them forget the 2.0 game lol

Dalton was 12-5 vs the Browns with a 91.9 rating..even with that 2.0 mixed in.

I think the anti-Andy crowd remembers that 1 game more than anyone else.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 08:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton going to the playoffs every year is ancient history. It’s a what have you done lately type of league.

Yet you brought up the 2.0 game. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Andy was a good QB for us, one of if not the best, so far...

Before the Joe comes into town. Cool

Definitely not the best. We had 2 that won MVP’s and went to Super Bowls.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yet you brought up the 2.0 game. Ninja

Yeah, as a joke...I mentioned Men in Black lol

Get your funny bone checked, Shake Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely not the best. We had 2 that won MVP’s and went to Super Bowls.

Still broke those guys records, all be it in a passing league.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely not the best. We had 2 that won MVP’s and went to Super Bowls.

Witnessed both of those and here I am in my old age never realizing it was going to be this way for the next 28 yrs. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 11:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still broke those guys records, all be it in a passing league.

Not even remotely comparable. You have to judge guys against their own peers.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Witnessed both of those and here I am in my old age never realizing it was going to be this way for the next 28 yrs. Whatever

It is finally looking up I hope my friend with Burrow coming in. This guy is special.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 12:42 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Patriots and Bears top spots?

Maybe The Jaguars. Or TB but to be honest I don’t think we will even trade him. If and it’s still an IF we draft Burrow I can see Brown sticking with Dalton for another year while Burrow learns the system or till Dalton plays himself out of the starting role. We will screw up any chance of getting something for Dalton as we did with Green. Brown probably wants more than teams are willing to give up for Dalton.

The Draft is my favorite non game time sporting event of the year yet I’m terrified this FO will cause most on here to lose their minds when we pass over Burrow or trade back. We have the owner and personnel to totally flip this draft on its head. I have a horrible feeling Tua is the guy this FO really wants. I’m one of the few that would be fine trading back to fix the Oline and LBer core and taking a QB next year. I will be pissed if we trade back and select any QB not named Burrow. Stay and take him or trade back and go a different direction by building up the team around the QB position.

Even in a trade back situation I have zero confidence in this FO to select starting caliber players. So at the end of the day I’m in the mindset of just staying at one to take Burrow. If he’s the real deal great, if not then he’s no worse than some of our recent first round picks.

Annnnd this is not even a Burrow thread... sorry NyQuil, The coughing, sniffling, sneezing WTF am I doing on the kitchen floor medicine is kickin my butt.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:01 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Witnessed both of those and here I am in my old age never realizing it was going to be this way for the next 28 yrs. Whatever

I had a friend in Illinois who was a die hard Cubs fan He waited his entire life to see them win it all, but died before it happened.. He never saw them win in the playoffs....ever. No wait..They did win 6 games in his lifetime, but never advanced..They went 29 years without a single playoff appearance.. 1945-84 The Bengals aren't even in the same league of being as bad as the Cubs were.. Different brothers by different mothers I guess..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Maybe The Jaguars. Or TB but to be honest I don’t think we will even trade him. If and it’s still an IF we draft Burrow I can see Brown sticking with Dalton for another year while Burrow learns the system or till Dalton plays himself out of the starting role. We will screw up any chance of getting something for Dalton as we did with Green. Brown probably wants more than teams are willing to give up for Dalton.

The Draft is my favorite non game time sporting event of the year yet I’m terrified this FO will cause most on here to lose their minds when we pass over Burrow or trade back. We have the owner and personnel to totally flip this draft on its head. I have a horrible feeling Tua is the guy this FO really wants. I’m one of the few that would be fine trading back to fix the Oline and LBer core and taking a QB next year. I will be pissed if we trade back and select any QB not named Burrow. Stay and take him or trade back and go a different direction by building up the team around the QB position.

Even in a trade back situation I have zero confidence in this FO to select starting caliber players. So at the end of the day I’m in the mindset of just staying at one to take Burrow. If he’s the real deal great, if not then he’s no worse than some of our recent first round picks.

Annnnd this is not even a Burrow thread... sorry NyQuil, The coughing, sniffling, sneezing WTF am I doing on the kitchen floor medicine is kickin my butt.

I don’t think Mike Brown misses on the most obvious “bellcow QB” prospect ever.

That’s why I was so relieved he showed out again last night. His name is already written on the card and turned in.

I flirted with the trade back bandwagon. You simply can not pass up on the guy who plays the most important position and just completed the best season ever by a college QB.

Brown likes things easy. The decision is already made for him. And it’s a good one.
Reply/Quote
No doubt in my mind BURROW is PALMER (pre-injury) with WHEELS. Puts the long bombs in players hands with ease.
Reply/Quote
Hiring a tremendously bad OC just to pair with a tremendously "meh" quarterback..

Rock On
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:38 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: No doubt in my mind BURROW is PALMER (pre-injury) with WHEELS.  Puts the long bombs in players hands with ease.

If he is Palmer we dont do that well then, palmer had just 2 winning seasons as a Bengal,, he was no way a bust but as a the 1st pick value of a QB he was a miss Dalton was the the best value overall as a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
Trading Andy means more cap room and more work for the front office courting potential FAs. Cap space is their enemy so they keep Andy, overpay AJ, sign someone like Clay Mathews and call it a day.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote