Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to Green
My intention is not to complain. We had a great game and we looked great in every facet of the game.

But I hope Dalton and Green get more in sync next game.

They had three plays that could have made the game even more lopsided, but Dalton overthrew a wide open Green early, Green dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass an then Green dropped an open deep pass that was also kind of badly aimed.

Both were to blame for the struggles they had today. I really hope they can link up a little more consistently in the coming games, because our offense is going to be special this season.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals can still cancel Green's check?
Reply/Quote
Dalton missed a deep pass, Green dropped a TD.

Last throw was because of great coverage. Dalton had one spot to put it in and Green didn't pull it in.

Other than that, those two were on the same page and looked good.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My intention is not to complain. We had a great game and we looked great in every facet of the game.

They had three plays that could have made the game even more lopsided, but Dalton overthrew a wide open Green early, Green dropped a perfectly thrown TD pass an then Green dropped an open deep pass that was also kind of badly aimed.

Both were to blame for the struggles they had today. I really hope they can link up a little more consistently in the coming games, because our offense is going to be special this season.
WITH THE CONTRACTS EACH NOW HAVE....THEY HAD BETTER GET IN SYNC AND QUICKLY! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Tonight was on Green. Even though I think he played great, but he should of made those easy TD big play catches.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:06 AM)Element Wrote: Tonight was on Green. Even though I think he played great, but he should of made those easy TD big play catches.

Just out of curiosity, what does "should of" mean?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:09 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what does "should of" mean?

I think he's referring to that td pass that he flat out dropped and as a player with his skill level was expected to make
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He should have caught that TD pass. No excuse needs to be made. Most, if not all professional WR will catch that pass. That's his fault.
Reply/Quote
They misconnect 3 big times and we still put up 33 points. Imagine a game where they don't misconnect. This team has the potential to be very dangerous. Or maybe it just IS very dangerous.

Hue is one creative guy. I'm not worried...this week.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:49 AM)Shady Wrote: They misconnect 3 big times and we still put up 33 points. Imagine a game where they don't misconnect. This team has the potential to be very dangerous. Or maybe it just IS very dangerous.

That sums up what I was gonna say.

Green is awesome, and we don't even NEED him to move the ball anymore.. I know it was Oakland but omg I'm licking my chops here.

I CANT WAIT FOR PITTSBURGH
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:49 AM)Shady Wrote: They misconnect 3 big times and we still put up 33 points. Imagine a game where they don't misconnect. This team has the potential to be very dangerous. Or maybe it just IS very dangerous.

That he is. The only thing that worries me is this: did he throw all throw all his best stuff at the Raiders (for obvious reasons)?

I hope he has plenty more tricks up his sleeve, and I hope he has some very creative game plans for any upcoming playoff games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It wasn't like Dalton and AJ didn't connect the whole game, they left a few plays on the field. Nothing to be worried about.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That he is. The only thing that worries me is this: did he throw all throw all his best stuff at the Raiders (for obvious reasons)?

I hope he has plenty more tricks up his sleeve, and I hope he has some very creative game plans for any upcoming playoff games.

I love that the Chargers DC and players will be having to prepare and prepare some more. I have a hunch we did not see everything as Hue shut down the offense in the 2nd half. My point is it is much harder to prepare/worry about multiple formations and a complicated scheme with a ton of weapons than it is to shut down one player.

It was on game, but this offense showed me a lot of toughness, but also finesse. If they stay healthy, they could be a top5 offense in 2015.

I saw no Sanu doing his trick plays (end around or passes) which we know he can do. We know Gio can throw the ball. I didn't see any tricks really, I did see a ton of formations which are very hard to prepare because we did it also by changing personnel so the teams we play have to be very alert and change their personnel and scheme quickly on the fly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That he is. The only thing that worries me is this: did he throw all throw all his best stuff at the Raiders (for obvious reasons)?

doubtful that it was all the best stuff..

Raiders left the seems exposed and we broke their back with Eifert. And almost once with Hewitt.

Kudos to dalton for seeing those and nailing them.

And while green should have had that TD... Marvin Jones also dropped one.

In the end it didnt matter as with the offense being healthy There are plenty of options.

I expect green to come up big these next few weeks to make up for that drop.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My intention is not to complain. We had a great game and we looked great in every facet of the game.

They are just rusty.....That is the first real playing time Dalton to Green has had, they didn't have much in preseason. ....They were both kind of saved to be healthy for the regular season. ...The timing wasn't all that far off on some key plays. Dalton layed a TD into his hands that he dropped, but I think it was just First Game Rust.....They won....and I look for Dalton to Green to be a force.....BUT....I want to see other weapons used because a key reason we lost those play-off games in Houston was all we had was Dalton to Green and the play-off Houston team double and triple teamed it....If defenses try that now, Eifert and Sanu and Jones and others will eat them alive. ...I would rather use all our weapons and go to the Super Bowl than see Green put up Ocho type numbers. Spread that ball around and keep the defenses guessing, off balance and out of position.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love that the Chargers DC and players will be having to prepare and prepare some more. I have a hunch we did not see everything as Hue shut down the offense in the 2nd half. My point is it is much harder to prepare/worry about multiple formations and a complicated scheme with a ton of weapons than it is to shut down one player.

It was on game, but this offense showed me a lot of toughness, but also finesse. If they stay healthy, they could be a top5 offense in 2015.

I saw no Sanu doing his trick plays (end around or passes) which we know he can do. We know Gio can throw the ball. I didn't see any tricks really, I did see a ton of formations which are very hard to prepare because we did it also by changing personnel so the teams we play have to be very alert and change their personnel and scheme quickly on the fly.

Whit lining up at WR to block for a screen seemed like a trick play to me. Either way, there was a lot of interesting formations and it seemed there was some deception with how (and when) they were lining up. They were moving guys around and keeping the Raiders off balance. Obviously Hue can't pull the same stuff every week, so I just hope he can come up with new stuff every week that's just as effective. The best coordinators do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That he is. The only thing that worries me is this: did he throw all throw all his best stuff at the Raiders (for obvious reasons)?

No way.  Stuff will vary week to week depending on the opponent and where they think they can exploit match ups.  

As far as all the formations, same thing in trying to find match ups.  And additionally, a bunch of stuff for other teams to think about.  What I really liked was what they did out of the formations, especially the one where they lined up everyone except AJ on one side and threw a slant to AJ.  That came after doing the obvious screen prior so you figured they'd go back to it.  Nope, they went to AJ instead.

Hue is a clever dude and is putting stuff on tape to drive D coordinator's crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:14 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: No way.  Stuff will vary week to week depending on the opponent and where they think they can exploit match ups.  

As far as all the formations, same thing in trying to find match ups.  And additionally, a bunch of stuff for other teams to think about.  What I really liked was what they did out of the formations, especially the one where they lined up everyone except AJ on one side and threw a slant to AJ.  That came after doing the obvious screen prior so you figured they'd go back to it.  Nope, they went to AJ instead.

Hue is a clever dude and is putting stuff on tape to drive D coordinator's crazy.

I like Hue, don't get me wrong. Just saying I hope it continues. It was fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whit lining up at WR to block for a screen seemed like a trick play to me. Either way, there was a lot of interesting formations and it seemed there was some deception with how (and when) they were lining up. They were moving guys around and keeping the Raiders off balance. Obviously Hue can't pull the same stuff every week, so I just hope he can come up with new stuff every week that's just as effective. The best coordinators do.

They showed that formation in pre-season so it was not new this week.

I get what you are saying, but my hunch is they have a few more tricks, one was inactive yesterday but being developed for the future (Alford)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I was happy Dalton was taking the shot to Green.  Nice to see it wasn't underthrown, and they needed to work on their timing.  It was the right time in the game to do it.  If they get the timing on that down and Jones gets his timing down...
Reply/Quote