Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton to start for Saints
(10-14-2022, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sacks aren't pressures TLL as we all know. Sacks are overrated even if I love a finisher like Trey Hendrickson.

Pressures are where it is at with most QB's including Andy Dalton our old QB who is a smart mutha.

I think we can safely assume that with Vonn Bell but our other secondary players could get some hands all of a sudden.

The NFL is weird this year and we are in every game with our roster.

Sacks kill drives. Sacks cause fumbles.

This sounds like exactly what people said when they wanted to pay Carl Lawson instead of signing Hendrickson.

[Image: epa-pressure-2-768x432.jpg]

It takes roughly 5 3/4 hits & hurrieds to equal 1 sack. So no, sacks are very much properly highly rated. A 10 sack season equals over 57 hits & hurries in expected points added (or rather removed).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The Bengals are a better football team than most people realize.Dalton or no Dalton,Bengals win,and get back on track with this Offense.

Agree completely and hope to see it come to fruition Sunday.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The Bengals are a better football team than most people realize.Dalton or no Dalton,Bengals win,and get back on track with this Offense.

The Bengals have better players then all the other teams we have played this year. They are not used properly tho.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 07:58 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Dalton may be the one doing the eating. He is still a cagey veteran that can read defenses better than JB. The score could easily be backwards even though Saints may be without key starters. I've seen this before, teams with key players out and backups playing and the Bengals always seem to struggle. Saints 27-17 and I hope I'm wrong. Just a feeling that Zac will once again give away points near goal line cause analytics told him to. 

Stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

Stop what? Stating the truth and how I feel? How many times will Zac go for it on 4th and short only to pitch wide to Mixon and lose yards when he should have kicked for 3 and put points on the board. How many times do we see Bengals struggle against backups? Many. Hey, I want a win as well as all here do but until Zac and the play calling by committee changes this offense will struggle. And it seems JB IS having trouble reading defenses with this Cover 2 as others have pointed out here.

And Dalton is still a capable veteran. Love to see him pressured and get sacked 5 times tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Have no hate harbored toward Dalton and wish him well.

With that being said it's time for Burrow to rip this monkey off the Bengals back as well, and kick his red headed butt tomorrow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 10:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sacks kill drives. Sacks cause fumbles.

This sounds like exactly what people said when they wanted to pay Carl Lawson instead of signing Hendrickson.

[Image: epa-pressure-2-768x432.jpg]

It takes roughly 5 3/4 hits & hurrieds to equal 1 sack. So no, sacks are very much properly highly rated. A 10 sack season equals over 57 hits & hurries in expected points added (or rather removed).

Nice post TLL, cannot disagree with those numbers. Hope we Sack Dalton a lot tomorrow.

A good pressure can cause Interceptions just the same though.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:56 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Stop what? Stating the truth and how I feel? How many times will Zac go for it on 4th and short only to pitch wide to Mixon and lose yards when he should have kicked for 3 and put points on the board. How many times do we see Bengals struggle against backups? Many. Hey, I want a win as well as all here do but until Zac and the play calling by committee changes this offense will struggle. And it seems JB IS having trouble reading defenses with this Cover 2 as others have pointed out here.

And Dalton is still a capable veteran. Love to see him pressured and get sacked 5 times tomorrow.

Right now, you are correct. Burrow needs to start reading Defenses better no question.

But this can change and I expect it to, Burrow is too smart not to adapt and learn what Defenses are throwing at him.

(10-15-2022, 12:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have no hate harbored toward Dalton and wish him well.

With that being said it's time for Burrow to rip this monkey off the Bengals back as well, and kick his red headed butt tomorrow.

True that lol
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 11:56 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Stop what? Stating the truth and how I feel? How many times will Zac go for it on 4th and short only to pitch wide to Mixon and lose yards when he should have kicked for 3 and put points on the board. How many times do we see Bengals struggle against backups? Many. Hey, I want a win as well as all here do but until Zac and the play calling by committee changes this offense will struggle. And it seems JB IS having trouble reading defenses with this Cover 2 as others have pointed out here.

Andy CANNOT read Ds better than Burrow.

If this was Joe's rookie year, that would be accurate, but Burrow's greatest strength is reading the D and adjusting, something Andy was (and still is) always inconsistent with.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 07:58 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Dalton may be the one doing the eating. He is still a cagey veteran that can read defenses better than JB. The score could easily be backwards even though Saints may be without key starters. I've seen this before, teams with key players out and backups playing and the Bengals always seem to struggle. Saints 27-17 and I hope I'm wrong. Just a feeling that Zac will once again give away points near goal line cause analytics told him to. 

(10-15-2022, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Right now, you are correct. Burrow needs to start reading Defenses better no question.

But this can change and I expect it to, Burrow is too smart not to adapt and learn what Defenses are throwing at him.

True that lol

(10-15-2022, 04:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Andy CANNOT read Ds better than Burrow.

If this was Joe's rookie year, that would be accurate, but Burrow's greatest strength is reading the D and adjusting, something Andy was (and still is) always inconsistent with.

Andy Dalton has seen many more NFL defenses than Joe Burrow. What we’re seeing is his experience, not that he can read defenses better than Joe Burrow. With the benefit of experience Joe Burrow will become a candidate for GOAT.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 04:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Andy CANNOT read Ds better than Burrow.

Agree, seeing the open man has been Burrow's only problem this season.

(10-15-2022, 05:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andy Dalton has seen many more NFL defenses than Joe Burrow.  What we’re seeing is his experience, not that he can read defenses better than Joe Burrow.  With the benefit of experience Joe Burrow will become a candidate for GOAT.

True and believe the same. That is something Andy could never sniff, we just needed him to be good enough and he that
never came to fruition, at least not in the big games where Joe likes to shine.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2022, 04:11 PM)pally Wrote: I don't know if this is good or bad.  Dalton is 2-0 against the Bengals.  

I'm glad you noticed and posted this.  I didn't notice it was Andy Dalton this week.   I was there to watch the Reds play the Phillies when the Phillies has Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez.  I will add it was Johnny Bench still on Reds who won the game by hitting a game winning walk off gapper between the outfielders that brought enough runners in to score and win.  So I appreciate knowing it is Andy Dalton this week.  

Since I'm Old and have seen every Bengals game since the first one of 1968, I can rank the Bengals quarterbacks.  #1 is Ken Anderson for his Super Bowl season and many other play-off seasons.  #2 is Boomer Esiason for his Super Bowl season and he had another play-off season. #3 is Joe Burrow for his Super Bowl season, and if he stays healthy could move up to #1 because he is just getting started.  At #4 is ANDY DALTON for leading Bengals to 5 consecutive Play-Off Seasons.  Before him Ken Anderson had put together 2 Play-Off Seasons, but that was it.  #5 is Carson Palmer who took Bengals to 2 Play-Off seasons.  #6 is Virgil Carter who took Bengals to one play-off.  # 7 is Greg Cook who was AFL Rookie of Year but got injured and that was his only real year.  # 8 is Jeff Blake who came in great off the bench at first, but Bengals turned him from a roll out QB into a pocket QB and Bengals ruin him, because his game was the roll out. He was too small to be a pocket QB.  There are many other Bengal QB's, but none worth mentioning. 

So to me, ANDY DALTON is the 4th best QB in Bengals History.  Today we have a battle of 2 of the best QBs in Bengals History,  Joe Burrow vs Andy Dalton.  Of course I am rooting for Bengals to WIN.   I will not be surprised however is Andy Dalton is Tough today, and The Saints might be a good team for him to be on.  Saints never found anybody to replace Drew Brees.  Andy Dalton could be a crafty old veteran QB who has 5 play-off seasons and he could be the field general to put up wins for The Saints who have some weapons on offense.  Mostly that TE they are using as a Fullback, which is rare in todays NFL.  

SO GOOD POST....I'm glad you pointed out that it is Andy Dalton today.  GO BENGALS though  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Dalton will look like Brady today
Reply/Quote
Dalton has no weapons today. His top 3 receivers are all out

Expect a lot of Kamara and Taysom Hill
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2022, 12:04 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have no hate harbored toward Dalton and wish him well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Reply/Quote