Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton vs. Bortles article
http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/come-this-andy-dalton-blake-bortles/5bhRIXNUu8UZt7Fy26o9LN/

I'd probably get out from under Dalton's contract and let Bortles and McCarron battle it out this summer
With the money saved by unloading Dalton we can probably buy ourselves two Zeitler quality O-lineman
What do you think Bengals nation?
Reply/Quote
Nah, you jettison Driscoll and just rotate starts between the other three. We'll be 6-7-3 in 2018!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
You give me the choice of the 2 right now and I go with Blake. Dude is currently has the 3rd most rushing yards in the playoffs. He had a crappy game passing; yet it was still bout 20 points higher than Andy's playoff average. Blake just realized his job was not to lose the game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lmao
Reply/Quote
Ha. Watch (actually watch) them both throw. One is good at it. Bortles is not.
Reply/Quote
Idk if I've ever seen Bortles throw a pass beyond 5 yards of the LOS. He's apparently trying for the Tim Tebow/RG3 routine now, which can be good until he gets broken. Give me a 2nd round rookie over Blake.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Idk if I've ever seen Bortles throw a pass beyond 5 yards of the LOS. He's apparently trying for the Tim Tebow/RG3 routine now, which can be good until he gets broken. Give me a 2nd round rookie over Blake.

He's had some good deep passes this year from what I've seen.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Idk if I've ever seen Bortles throw a pass beyond 5 yards of the LOS. He's apparently trying for the Tim Tebow/RG3 routine now, which can be good until he gets broken. Give me a 2nd round rookie over Blake.

Bortles has thrown for more yards in his first 4 seasons that dalton did in his first 4. Just saying.
Reply/Quote
Wtf Bortles is the worst QB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:32 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Bortles has thrown for more yards in his first 4 seasons that dalton did in his first 4.   Just saying.

On how many attempts?
Reply/Quote
Would rather have Bortles playoff record.

If I were picking a team would take Dalton over Blake though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Oof...how far Dalton has fallen in the last couple years. MVP contention to having people talk about replacing him with Blake Bortles. If I’m Andy that would motivate me even more than getting booed at an All-Star game...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oof...how far Dalton has fallen in the last couple years. MVP contention to having people talk about replacing him with Blake Bortles. If I’m Andy that would motivate me even more than getting booed at an All-Star game...

Well I don;t think Andy really reads this small section of Bengal nation or cares what some think and what matters is what coaches think not us...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:32 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Bortles has thrown for more yards in his first 4 seasons that dalton did in his first 4.   Just saying

Bortles has 14,928 yards going 1318 of 2229 with 90 TDs to 64 INT

Dalton has 14,758 yards going 1301 of 2111 with 99 TDs to 66 INT

I would say Dalton is slightly better first 4 years, but he had better weapons to throw to.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:33 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Bortles has 14,928 yards going 1318 of 2229 with 90 TDs to 64 INT

I would say Dalton is slightly better first 4 years, but he had better weapons to throw to.

I must say I'm surprised the passing numbers are so close. I'd assume the rushing numbers are equally as close. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I'm surprised the passing numbers are so close. I'd assume the rushing numbers are equally as close. 

Bortles 1410 yards on 223 attempts with 7 TDs

Dalton 624 yards on 205 attempts with 11 TDs

Even with Daltons career rushing he has 1049 yards on 346 attempts with 18 TDs
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:33 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Bortles has 14,928 yards going 1318 of 2229 with 90 TDs to 64 INT

Both QBs aren't good enough to get the job done. And when I mean get the job done, i mean win a super bowl. 
Reply/Quote
I think it's possible, if everything around them is clicking, and working good.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:40 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I think it's possible, if everything around them is clicking, and working good.

Everything in Jacksonville is clicking except for Bortles.

Best defense in football? Check

Good special teams play? Check

Talented young RB/good running game? Check

Terrible QB play holding team back from legitimate Super Bowl challenge? Check.

Bortles is terrible, and Jacksonville will either sign an Eli/Alex Smith FA and draft another QB this year. The Jags have won despite Bortles all year. The defense will have to be 2001 Ravens-esque for the Jags to best the Steelers, Pats, and whoever comes out of the NFC.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:19 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Everything in Jacksonville is clicking except for Bortles.  

Best defense in football?  Check

Good special teams play?  Check

Talented young RB/good running game?  Check

Terrible QB play holding team back from legitimate Super Bowl challenge?  Check.

Bortles is terrible, and Jacksonville will either sign an Eli/Alex Smith FA and draft another QB this year.  The Jags have won despite Bortles all year.  The defense will have to be 2001 Ravens-esque for the Jags to best the Steelers, Pats, and whoever comes out of the NFC.

This is why there's no comparison. 

Dalton had a great team? MVP type season.
Bortles has a great team? He's considered an anchor.

Without looking, I want to say Dalton had a better season this year in a junk offense. I will say this: pretty amazing how the Jags managed to win a playoff game with the numbers Bortles put up. Our teams have never been able to support a bad QB performance in 7 tries.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote