Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton vs. Bortles article
Bortles was awful in the playoff game. However Tyrod Taylor was worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I kept wondering why I shitcanned my DDN subscription all those years ago..
No, actually it's been a yellow journalism rag since the JH DDN merger..
Once upon a time I actually delivered both newspapers with my sisters handy dandy 1940s model girls bike.. That thing was like pushing a dump truck uphill both ways with a rope..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: Bortles was awful in the playoff game. However Tyrod Taylor was worse.

If they somehow managed to get Dalton in the game he would have made them look like Joe Montana.  Yes he's that bad in the playoffs.  And least Bortles didn't fumble by diving forward and hitting the ground.  Fml how is that possible..
Reply/Quote
2017 Jaguars = 1999 Ravens
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is why there's no comparison. 

Dalton had a great team? MVP type season.
Bortles has a great team? He's considered an anchor.

Without looking, I want to say Dalton had a better season this year in a junk offense. I will say this: pretty amazing how the Jags managed to win a playoff game with the numbers Bortles put up. Our teams have never been able to support a bad QB performance in 7 tries.

Yep, goes all the way back to the Palmer days.  Most Cincy fans expect a PERFECT game from the QB (unless he's from Bama) in order for this team to win.  There's the problem in a nutshell......I said it on the old board, and I'll say it here.  You have to have a complete team that can overcome an off day by your QB.  Look what the Stoolers did in Pig Pen's first SB, Peyton Manning's last SB.  Guess what, when you get to the playoffs, and in big, primetime games, you're generally playing very good to elite teams.  QBs, ALL OF THEM, have bad days against teams of this caliber.  When the rest of the team can't pick up the slack, you fail.  It's that simple.  Yet, somehow, only with Cincinnati fans can the rest of the team (inlcuding coaching) shit down their leg, but the QB must remain flawless.

As for the OP......to borrow a moniker from Nately120......Bort Bortles?  Are you effing kidding me? Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:11 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If they somehow managed to get Dalton in the game he would have made them look like Joe Montana.  Yes he's that bad in the playoffs.  And least Bortles didn't fumble by diving forward and hitting the ground.  Fml how is that possible..

Hyperbole at its finest....... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:33 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Bortles has 14,928 yards going 1318 of 2229 with 90 TDs to 64 INT

Dalton has 14,758 yards going 1301 of 2111 with 99 TDs to 66 INT

I would say Dalton is slightly better first 4 years, but he had better weapons to throw to.

The difference between the two, and why Bottles numbers are compareable, is because The Jags were always blown out by the second half and teams went into prevent defense. Listen to any actual professional talk about Bottles and they always bring up that all of his stats are accumulated in garbage time and that's not even close to the player he is. 

If all you want to do is look at stats, yea, they look similar but anyone who has actually watched him play can see the guy is hot garbage. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:54 AM)Sweetness Wrote: The difference between the two, and why Bottles numbers are compareable, is because The Jags were always blown out by the second half and teams went into prevent defense. Listen to any actual professional talk about Bottles and they always bring up that all of his stats are accumulated in garbage time and that's not even close to the player he is. 

If all you want to do is look at stats, yea, they look similar but anyone who has actually watched him play can see the guy is hot garbage. 

The Bengals seemed to be blown out of a lot of games in the last 2 years 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:16 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The Bengals seemed to be blown out of a lot of games in the last 2 years 

Well we were looking at Daltons first 4 years so....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:11 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: If they somehow managed to get Dalton in the game he would have made them look like Joe Montana.  Yes he's that bad in the playoffs.  And least Bortles didn't fumble by diving forward and hitting the ground.  Fml how is that possible..

Bortles fumbled twice. Who cares how the fumbles happen? You think Dalton is the first player to have the turf cause a fumble?

(01-10-2018, 10:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, goes all the way back to the Palmer days.  Most Cincy fans expect a PERFECT game from the QB (unless he's from Bama) in order for this team to win.  There's the problem in a nutshell......I said it on the old board, and I'll say it here.  You have to have a complete team that can overcome an off day by your QB.  Look what the Stoolers did in Pig Pen's first SB, Peyton Manning's last SB.  Guess what, when you get to the playoffs, and in big, primetime games, you're generally playing very good to elite teams.  QBs, ALL OF THEM, have bad days against teams of this caliber.  When the rest of the team can't pick up the slack, you fail.  It's that simple.  Yet, somehow, only with Cincinnati fans can the rest of the team (inlcuding coaching) shit down their leg, but the QB must remain flawless.

As for the OP......to borrow a moniker from Nately120......Bort Bortles?  Are you effing kidding me? Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

Was that 155 yard, 0 INT game against the Colts any worse than Bortles day? What about the 127 yard, 1 INT game in Texans 2.0? What about Mac's 212 yard, 2 turnover game?

You and I both know the Jags won because they held the Bills to 3 points. You think our D is doing that in a playoff game? Pfff...

They would've allowed 160 yards rushing to Shady McCoy and Tyrod would've play-actioned all over our ass for a 100+ rating, with 150 yards going to tight ends alone.

(01-10-2018, 11:54 AM)Sweetness Wrote: The difference between the two, and why Bottles numbers are compareable, is because The Jags were always blown out by the second half and teams went into prevent defense. Listen to any actual professional talk about Bottles and they always bring up that all of his stats are accumulated in garbage time and that's not even close to the player he is. 

The post that compared their first four years left out passer rating (85.2 for Dalton...80.8 for Bortles), completion % (61.6 for Dalton, 59.1 for Bortles) and YPA (6.99 for Dalton, 6.69 for Bortles).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The only difference between Blake Bortles and Tim Tebow is that the media circus didn't destroy Bottles career.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was that 155 yard, 0 INT game against the Colts any worse than Bortles day? What about the 127 yard, 1 INT game in Texans 2.0? What about Mac's 212 yard, 2 turnover game?

You and I both know the Jags won because they held the Bills to 3 points. You think our D is doing that in a playoff game? Pfff...

They would've allowed 160 yards rushing to Shady McCoy and Tyrod would've play-actioned all over our ass for a 100+ rating, with 150 yards going to tight ends alone.

Exactly.

Reply/Quote
I find this post funny and ludicrous at the same time.. Bortles hasn't been very good his 1st couple of years. Now their O-line in 2017 has been their best line they've had since drafting him and he responded with being a decent QB. Andy has had a horrid line for the last 2 years and now we compare the 2?? I wonder what the rushing totals were and the sacks allowed compared.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Exactly.

I'll second that! This entire team has melted and pissed down their leg come playoff time, not just AD.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:32 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Bortles has thrown for more yards in his first 4 seasons that dalton did in his first 4.   Just saying.

Always behind, prevent defenses...at least until this year....just saying.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:19 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Everything in Jacksonville is clicking except for Bortles.  

Best defense in football?  Check

Good special teams play?  Check

Talented young RB/good running game?  Check

Terrible QB play holding team back from legitimate Super Bowl challenge?  Check.

Bortles is terrible, and Jacksonville will either sign an Eli/Alex Smith FA and draft another QB this year.  The Jags have won despite Bortles all year.  The defense will have to be 2001 Ravens-esque for the Jags to best the Steelers, Pats, and whoever comes out of the NFC.

Hows about those receivers in Jax? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, goes all the way back to the Palmer days.  Most Cincy fans expect a PERFECT game from the QB (unless he's from Bama) in order for this team to win. 

(01-10-2018, 10:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hyperbole at its finest....... Mellow

Not sure who expects a PERFECT game from the QB for our team to win; however, I would say a QB with a higher career playoff passer rating of 57.8 would improve our chances.

That QB from Bama wasn't perfect; but his playoff passer rating is over 10 points higher
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure who expects a PERFECT game from the QB for our team to win; however, I would say a QB with a higher career playoff passer rating of 57.8 would improve our chances.

That QB from Bama wasn't perfect; but his playoff passer rating is over 10 points higher

They may not be the most knowledgeable, but I've seen it before.

The point of the topic was that QBs can have games like Pig Pen's 9-21, 123 yds, 2 INTS, and 22.1 rating, yet the rest of the team carried him to the win.  The Bengals can never seem to recover or take up the slack for a bad QB performance.

Look at McCarron, he had that 67 rating was almost enough to win, until Bengals happened.  That's the point, not too hard to grasp.

Reply/Quote
Only a real ninny would think Bortles is better than Dalton.

If Dalton was QBing Jax last week, they'd have destroyed the Bills. And he wouldn't have needed fifty or a hundred yards rushing to do it. He would've done what QB's do--he would have thrown the ball and hit open receivers. Bortles stood there in clean pockets and missed throws all day long.

Bortles is that team's greatest, and maybe only, limitation.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: I kept wondering why I shitcanned my DDN subscription all those years ago..
No, actually it's been a yellow journalism rag since the JH DDN merger..
Once upon a time I actually delivered both newspapers with my sisters handy dandy 1940s model girls bike..  That thing was like pushing a dump truck uphill both ways with a rope..

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4893827]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote