Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals without Green
(11-16-2018, 03:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Posted this 3 days ago...I'll just re-post it here:

Games AJ has missed since 2014:

vs ATL: 252 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - 116.6 rating - Win
vs CAR: 323 yards - 2 TD - 2 INT - 93.5 rating - Tied
@ IND: 126 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 55.4 rating - Loss
vs BAL: 266 yards - 0 TD - 1 INT - 89.3 rating - Win (2 rush TDs)
vs DEN: 146 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT - 93.1 rating - Win (AJ was used only as a decoy)
vs BUF: 207 yards - 1 TD - 2 INT - 57.0 rating - Loss (AJ injured early...only 1 target)
@ BAL: 283 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - 78.7 rating - Loss
vs PHI: 332 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT - 130.0 rating - Win
@ CLE: 180 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT - 112.2 rating - Win
vs PIT: 157 yards - 0 TD - 1 INT - 60.3 rating - Loss
@ HOU: 268 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT - 84.2 rating - Loss
vs BAL: 226 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - 101.2 rating - Win
vs NO: 153 yards - 1 TD - 2 INT - 61.0 rating - Loss

Record without AJ: 6-6-1
Record with AJ (in same years): 12-16

Rating without AJ: 84.6
Rating with AJ: 90.3

Yards per game without AJ: 224.5
Yards per game with AJ: 247.9

Which proves what I thought it would.  The offense is more dynamic with a prolific wideout the caliber of AJ Green.  What offense wouldn't be?  It also proves that they can still be competitive without him, it's certainly more challenging, but not impossible.  Also of note here, there hasn't been a running game worth much over that period of time, we have one now, we need to be relying on it as much as possible.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Which proves what I thought it would.  The offense is more dynamic with a prolific wideout the caliber of AJ Green.  What offense wouldn't be?  It also proves that they can still be competitive without him, it's certainly more challenging, but not impossible.  Also of note here, there hasn't been a running game worth much over that period of time, we have one now, we need to be relying on it as much as possible.

Amen to that.  :andy:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Amen to that.  :andy:

I believe the only way we're going to win more than 2 or 3 of these last games is for Lazor to quit shelving the run for 1/2 the game ! Course when you're down 20 points it shelves itself.

But running and defense is what we have to have from here on out, not AJ. We have to control the clock and score in the red zone = running game.

Seattle closed out the Packers last night because they could still run the ball when everybody knew it was coming. The Bengals haven't been able to do that since like Rudi or Cedric.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe the only way we're going to win more than 2 or 3 of these last games is for Lazor to quit shelving the run for 1/2 the game ! Course when you're down 20 points it shelves itself.

But running and defense is what we have to have from here on out, not AJ. We have to control the clock and score in the red zone = running game.

Seattle closed out the Packers last night because they could still fun the ball when everybody knew it was coming. The Bengals haven't been able to do that since like Rudi or Cedric.

Pretty much......except for when Mixon came back in and did just that earlier this year against our next opponent. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Look, there's no stat except one that will make me believe Dalton is capable of leading the Bengals to a SB and that stat is a SB win.

I love how things just get twisted into something else.

Until Dalton does it, he hasn't done it, and he's missed so many times that there's no reason to believe he'll be able to do it in the future.

So Dan Marino or Warren Moon must have been 2 schmucks 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A lot of the Bengals can't win W/O AJ stems from Dalton hate.

There's little doubt losing a top tier talent at WR is gonna hurt it would hurt any team. We need him back ASAP but an even bigger issue right now is the D. If they show up Sunday we can win without him.

I agree with this. Not having AJ definately hurts but we need the Defense to show up the most or it won't matter.

Still have Mixon, Boyd, Gio, Uzi etc. I think we can survive on Offense but the D needs to play much better.

This is key.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with this. Not having AJ definately hurts but we need the Defense to show up the most or it won't matter.

Still have Mixon, Boyd, Gio, Uzi etc. I think we can survive on Offense but the D needs to play much better.

This is key.

We really need someone to step up and allow Boyd to not be blanketed every play.  As good as he is, he cannot continually beat double or triple coverage the way AJ can.  Hell, not many people can.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green has averaged 80.9 yards per game for his career.

In the last 4 games of 2015 when Dalton was out Green had 243 receiving yards or 60.8 per game.

Mythbuster Fred.  On the job 24/7.  And another one goes kablooie!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:29 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Based on everything being argued AJ being out isn’t the problem it’s Andy Dalton being inconsistent as hell his whole career and still a starting QB after 7 seasons with zero playoff wins it’s laughable

I think our biggest problem on Sunday,will be Andy,although not having A J isn’t going to help matters.Andy is obviously starting to slip again.I can see it.We’ve all seen this before.Like you said,Inconsistent.And he’a even more insecure without A.J.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 09:24 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think our biggest problem on Sunday,will be Andy,although not having A J isn’t going to help matters.Andy is obviously starting to slip again.I can see it.We’ve all seen this before.Like you said,Inconsistent.And he’a even more insecure without A.J.

Andy will be fine. He will be ready.

Reply/Quote