Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some props to Jordan Evans
He gave up 5 of 6 passes he was defending for 120 yards and two touchdowns. He is horrible on coverage. Garbage. We need a true coverage linebacker. But most of us have been wanting and asking for one for ever now.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No they didn't.

Things aren't black and white.

Love you Truck but he had a bad game. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
On runs, it seems our LB's don't touch a guy for 5 yards. Runs outside seem to work against us too...when they fail against most teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On runs, it seems our LB's don't touch a guy for 5 yards. Runs outside seem to work against us too...when they fail against most teams.

We have most definitely been bad at setting the edge.  And the biggest reason for being so bad on third down has been giving up so much on first down. The fundamentals have disappeared.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:42 AM)McC Wrote: We have most definitely been bad at setting the edge.  And the biggest reason for being so bad on third down has been giving up so much on first down.  The fundamentals have disappeared.

The guys bunch up and don't set the edge. From my seat at the game, it was so obvious. No discipline.

Honestly, you'd think they'd know this stuff from college.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The guys bunch up and don't set the edge. From my seat at the game, it was so obvious. No discipline.

I watched MJ get sucked inside the entire 2nd quarter, I imagine it happened it happened the entire game though....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The guys bunch up and don't set the edge. From my seat at the game, it was so obvious. No discipline.

Hell, from high school, from Pee Wee. 

The defense wasn't great last year but it did have some competence.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 11:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The guys bunch up and don't set the edge. From my seat at the game, it was so obvious. No discipline.

I could picture Lamar Jackson staring next week and running wild on us. DE’s crashing in and Jackson just taking off. And also a ton of missed tackles.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:16 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I could picture Lamar Jackson staring next week and running wild on us. DE’s crashing in and Jackson just taking off. And also a ton of missed tackles.

I was worried about Lamar last time we played them, and he didn't do much at all... I don't think this time will be any different. Joe Petty will keep the ball.....
Reply/Quote