Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati"
Thumbs Up 
Ranking the NFL's 32 starting QBs (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
https://www.thescore.com/news/1310931

Andy Dalton ranked 23rd, behind Ryan Tannehill.

Quote:Dalton is a steady quarterback, capable of steering an offense along and leading a team to the playoffs. Unfortunately, that's the ceiling for the Bengals' signal-caller. Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati. - Boone

Reaction?
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:54 PM)Clep Wrote: Ranking the NFL's 32 starting QBs (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
https://www.thescore.com/news/1310931

Andy Dalton ranked 23rd, behind Ryan Tannehill.

Reaction?

Having Dalton behind Tannehill pretty much sums up the qulaity of this analysis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: Having Dalton behind Tannehill pretty much sums up the qulaity of this analysis.

Tyron Taylor being ranked 15 as well....

Strikes me odd 4 different analysts ranked him around the same number
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Alex Smith being three above Dalton really irks me personally.
And the reasoning doesn't help.
Alex Smith has never had more than 3502 passing yards in a season in the 11 seasons he's played, Dalton has had three seasons better than that in just the six seasons he's played.
Alex Smith has never had more than 23 TD passes in a season in 11 seasons, Dalton has had three seasons with more than that out of six seasons.
Alex Smith has been in the league five more years and only has 5650 more passing yards and 12 more passing TDs. Dalton has five more rushing TDs than Smith, so that differential in TDs drops to just seven.

Also, the point they try to make about how Smith has led his team to steady win streaks can also be said for Dalton. Both are the same type of player, but Dalton is better.
And they make a point about Dalton needing a strong supporting cast to succeed but don't mention the same about Smith, which I find odd.
I honestly believe that the only reason Smith is rated higher than Dalton is because of his team's two playoff wins (which were primarily because of a strong defense and focus on the running game).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Apparently anyone with a computer can be a writer now days..
Reply/Quote
Considering AD had a pretty decent year with no Oline and his main WR out for most of it, I'd say the article is BS
Reply/Quote
Clearly a biased ******* that has no clue as to what the f*** he's talking about. Does this guy even watch football?
Reply/Quote
Fake News! Just an opinion. If you don't follow the Bengals it's easy say the common Dalton talking points copy and pasted from any google search. No qb outside of Brady would thrive without weapons.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't think he'd be lost.

I think he'd be average.

Like he was last year once Green went down.
Reply/Quote
Any article that is titled "Ranking the blah blah blah" doesnt interest me much because I see it as clickbait so they can get views for ad support.

And when it comes to the NFL in particular, I rather would see lists done by tiers as opposed to a 1 to 32. Because even though I dont think a few of those QBs this person has listed higher is better, I would probably have them all in the same tier range.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
You can say that about 2/3 of the league. Anyways 5 out of 6 playoffs and He had an MVP caliber season in 2015. He is better than 23rd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My reaction? Who the **** cares?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Pure BS because in the world of enlightened people anyone on Bengals is an easy target.

Does anyone remember the Jets game last year which Andy won completely on his own.

In my opinion Andy is easily a top ten QB and we are lucky to have him.

Moreover- every good QB has a strong "supporting cast" or has Bill B as their coach.

No one from Cincinnati will ever get respect from these know it all follow the enlightened crowd experts until the Bengals win a Super Bowl.

This is the same reason why many deserving former Bengals like Anderson and Reilly are not in the Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 02:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fake News! Just an opinion. If you don't follow the Bengals it's easy say the common Dalton talking points copy and pasted from any google search. No qb outside of Brady would thrive without weapons.

Even brady has to have his WRs catch the ball
Reply/Quote
My reaction?

Marvin should print and post that article on the team bulletin board.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dalton has already proven himself without weapons (or blocking for that matter) in years like 2012 and 2016.

It's just a lazy narrative from lazy writers. It's a shame people parrot this garbage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 04:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has already proven himself without weapons (or blocking for that matter) in years like 2012 and 2016.

It's just a lazy narrative from lazy writers. It's a shame people parrot this garbage.

OP is throwing out the Troll Bait
Reply/Quote
My list:

Tier 1 - Elite, seem to always be great without good supporting cast
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees

Tier 2 - Consistently great, occasionally elite, can still perform pretty well when losing some key playmakers
Cam Newton
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan
Philip Rivers

Tier 3 - Consistently good, occasionally great, need strong supporting cast
Matt Stafford
Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Eli Manning
Jameis Winston
Alex Smith
Tyrod Taylor
Marcus Mariota
Kirk Cousins
Carson Palmer
Joe Flacco

Tier 4 - Just one season under belt or inconsistent with some bright spots
Dak Prescott
Sam Bradford
Carson Wentz
Ryan Tannehill
Blake Bortles

Tier 5 - Replaceable starter with low ceiling, or unproven rookie
Trevor Siemian
Brian Hoyer
Cody Kessler
Brock Osweiler
Josh McCown
DeShaun Watson
Jared Goff
Mike Glennon
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It is not just the QB but that of his supporting staff. You are right about that.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly believe that the only reason Smith is rated higher than Dalton is because of his team's two playoff wins (which were primarily because of a strong defense and focus on the running game).

Smith has a career passer rating in the playoffs of 94.8. Averaging about 250 yards an 2 TDs per game. He has also only thrown 2 INTs.

IMO if Alex Smith had been our starting QB between 2011-2016 we would not be still talking about a playoff victory draught.

Now there are those on the list I'd put Andy above: Bradford, Palmer, Taylor, but no way I put him above Alex Smith. if anything I think Smith is getting slighted.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote