Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati"
(06-08-2017, 12:45 PM)McC Wrote: This.  So much of Brady's success has to with the coaching, which has been proven by other QB's stepping in and winning there too.

Don't know why people are still wanting to take shots at AD.  He's a great and very giving citizen.  He's improved every year.  He is a very good QB.  Yet they still want to give him the business.

They treat Andy like the "Red headed step child" of the league for some reason... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 01:22 PM)depthchart Wrote: They treat Andy like the "Red headed step child" of the league for some reason... Mellow

Probably the red hair. Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 01:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Probably the red hair. Smirk

Dalton is climbing up the ladder of most famous Red Heads.
A Super Bowl win would shoot him up that ladder.

I don't know for sure who is on top, maybe Ron Howard who played Opie Cunningham and Richie Taylor.
Or maybe it was Opie Taylor and Richie Cunningham.
Probably the latter, but I prefer saying the former, especially saying Opie Cunningham. It sounds better.

So bored, I'm discussing famous red heads. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 12:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Amazing. Dalton had a perfect rating on the post route, and Ross also had a perfect rating on that route.

I can't imagine we'll be seeing more of those this year.  Smirk

Burfict!! I mean Perfect!!

I'm was not an AD Supporter, but he has grown on me and improved. I'd say he's rounding out the top 10 now. Based on the NOW, not the whole career of a player. Alex Smith is good at what he does, but AD doesn't have the same dominant Running game that Smith has had.

Alex only had 1 300 yard game in 2016. Alex Smith didn't get his first 300 yard game until his 5th year (2008) in the league and has only averaged 1 300 yard game per year since.
AD had 4 300 yard games in 2016. Since AD has entered the league (2011), he averages 4 300 yard games a year.

AD's definitely a better QB than Alex Smith ever was.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 02:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: Dalton is climbing up the ladder of most famous Red Heads.
A Super Bowl win would shoot him up that ladder.

I don't know for sure who is on top, maybe Ron Howard who played Opie Cunningham and Richie Taylor.
Or maybe it was Opie Taylor and Richie Cunningham.
Probably the latter, but I prefer saying the former, especially saying Opie Cunningham. It sounds better.

So bored, I'm discussing famous red heads. Yawn

It was the bolded.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would have hoped that last season would have settled down the Dalton detractors. Andy put together one of his better seasons WITHOUT his weapons for most of the season and a line that, well sucked... I just don't get all the love for Andrew Luck and sCam Newton.....
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It was the bolded.

I still have to stick with "Opie Cunningham". Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 02:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I would have hoped that last season would have settled down the Dalton detractors. Andy put together one of his better seasons WITHOUT his weapons for most of the season and a line that, well sucked... I just don't get all the love for Andrew Luck and sCam Newton.....

The 2016 season may actually help Dalton get even better.

Lots of moving parts in 2016 with different young receivers/tight ends going in and out plus working with Lafell before & after AJ went down as Lafell's role changed due to AJ's injury.

Andy had to adapt and help these players get on the same page as he was.

More of a Field General role and overseeing the youngsters. Adapting and helping others adapt due to injuries.

I say it makes him better.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:54 PM)Clep Wrote: Ranking the NFL's 32 starting QBs (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
https://www.thescore.com/news/1310931

Andy Dalton ranked 23rd, behind Ryan Tannehill.

Reaction?

Tyrod Taylor at 15 should be when everyone realizes that this guy is writing this in his grandma's basement with cheetoh stains all over his t-shirt and underwear. I don't believe this guy has 4 friends so the other people's rankings dont count.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Even brady has to have his WRs catch the ball

And the mastermind on the sidelines who creates the system that allows him to thrive...

These rankings are always a joke. Hell, having Mediocre Marv as a headcoach and still having a winning record should be MVP and top 5 worthy, especially with piano man coaching the line.

Every QB in the league would suck with a bad o-line, bad head coach, and WRs who can't catch. Stupid writers place too much focus on one guy at one position, but they don't look at the total package. New England would still win a Super Bowl, if Brady and Dalton changed teams last season. That system and the way they find players and coach them to fit their system plus the New England extras (bend rules we will say) gets it done.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:54 PM)Clep Wrote: Ranking the NFL's 32 starting QBs (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
https://www.thescore.com/news/1310931

Andy Dalton ranked 23rd, behind Ryan Tannehill.

Reaction?

Complete Dalton hate, he will shut them up if the O-line holds up.

If the O-line plays well he could be in the discussion with the top 3 QB's in the league. He is the best post route QB in the
league, has the 2nd quickest release, he is very accurate, his arm is getting stronger and knows how to run an Offense as
good as nearly every QB in the NFL behind maybe Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

Should be top 10 at the very least.

Last year when he got hit all the time and still did not throw many interceptions just made him more respectable in my eyes.

To be behind the likes of Tannehill is just a complete joke.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 09:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And the mastermind on the sidelines who creates the system that allows him to thrive...

These rankings are always a joke. Hell, having Mediocre Marv as a headcoach and still having a winning record should be MVP and top 5 worthy, especially with piano man coaching the line.

Every QB in the league would suck with a bad o-line, bad head coach, and WRs who can't catch. Stupid writers place too much focus on one guy at one position, but they don't look at the total package. New England would still win a Super Bowl, if Brady and Dalton changed teams last season. That system and the way they find players and coach them to fit their system plus the New England extras (bend rules we will say) gets it done.

Considering that metric, Andy Dalton should be a first ballot HOFer. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'll look at that list scientifically. If I'm drafting a team, how would I rank QB's I'd take and where would Dalton be?

I'd probably take the Top 14 guys they list over him...although you have to think about Mariotta and Winston. Manning and Cousins are guys outside the Top 14 that I would.

I wouldn't take Taylor (the Bills don't even seem to want him), Palmer, Bradford, Smith, Flacco, or Tannehill over him.

That puts him somewhere in the 15-17 range depending on your preference of Mariotta/Winston over Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 11:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll look at that list scientifically. If I'm drafting a team, how would I rank QB's I'd take and where would Dalton be?

I'd probably take the Top 14 guys they list over him...although you have to think about Mariotta and Winston. Manning and Cousins are guys outside the Top 14 that I would.

I wouldn't take Taylor (the Bills don't even seem to want him), Palmer, Bradford, Smith, Flacco, or Tannehill over him.

That puts him somewhere in the 15-17 range depending on your preference of Mariotta/Winston over Dalton.

I wouldn't take Mariotta or Winston over Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 05:15 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So football is a team sport?

Pretty strong words there, huh? Heck,  by some accounts Belecheck in NE could win games even without football players at all. 

Yeah....the article, if you want to call it an article is crapola..  They have Watson, who by the way has yet to play a single NFL snap ranked just 5 places behind Dalton. I'm sorry, but shouldn't a player actually have played in the league and actually win games before being annointed as great? It's not AS IF any college hero ever flamed out in the NFL before.. oh wait..it happens pretty regularly..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I see there is no love for Dalton after his best season last year without his top 2 WRs and no o-line. Dalton didn't get mentioned in the players top 100 players from 2016. Sorry, but I would take Dalton over any QB who made that list not named Rodgers, Brady or Brees....
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 02:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Burfict!! I mean Perfect!!

I'm was not an AD Supporter, but he has grown on me and improved. I'd say he's rounding out the top 10 now. Based on the NOW, not the whole career of a player. Alex Smith is good at what he does, but AD doesn't have the same dominant Running game that Smith has had.

Alex only had 1 300 yard game in 2016. Alex Smith didn't get his first 300 yard game until his 5th year (2008) in the league and has only averaged 1 300 yard game per year since.
AD had 4 300 yard games in 2016. Since AD has entered the league (2011), he averages 4 300 yard games a year.

AD's definitely a better QB than Alex Smith ever was.

I love dalton, but much of Alex smiths career he has been asked to be a game manager. Look at some of his biggest games and when he is asked to play QB and not be a game manager... he has put together some great games under the bright lights.

See 49ers vs saints
Chiefs vs colts
Reply/Quote
I can't see how Dalton can't be in the top 20. More importantly, where does he rank among ginger quarterbacks? :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2017, 12:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see there is no love for Dalton after his best season last year without his top 2 WRs and no o-line. Dalton didn't get mentioned in the players top 100 players from 2016. Sorry, but I would take Dalton over any QB who made that list not named Rodgers, Brady or Brees....

Probably was his best year considering. He is just getting better and better. For others not to notice is clear bias against him.

Haters with only him being a Bengal and having red hair for reasons.
Reply/Quote
It is noteworthy that in his entire career here he has only had all the "weapons" in 2015. In 11, 12 and 13 we were still building it. In 14 he had essentially no weapons. 15 was the first year he had them all and last year as we know once again our weapons disappeared to injury.
Reply/Quote