Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Dalton would be lost without the strong supporting cast in Cincinnati"
(06-22-2017, 08:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably was his best year considering. He is just getting better and better. For others not to notice is clear bias against him.

Haters with only him being a Bengal and having red hair for reasons.

Maybe Andy should dress like a clown and "dab" a little more........
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 12:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: It is noteworthy that in his entire career here he has only had all the "weapons" in 2015. In 11, 12 and 13 we were still building it. In 14 he had essentially no weapons. 15 was the first year he had them all and last year as we know once again our weapons disappeared to injury.

It seems he is learning to play well without them even.

Adding Ross, Mixon and Malone certainly should help in this area.

We are stacked now with weapons and can afford some minor injuries here and there and still be productive...

If the O-line plays decent that is and doesn't get Dalton killed.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe Andy should dress like a clown and "dab" a little more........

Clowns disturb me.

Gonna still watch the new "IT" movie though.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 06:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The question you must ask is if Andy Dalton was the starting QB for New England with Bill B. as head coach, would he be ranked where he is now?

Now, I'm not saying Dalton would be Tom Brady but he would be ranked much higher than what this article has him.

The fact that The Patriots were able to finish 10-6 with Matt Cassell, the lone year Brady missed, says something.  If Dalton was playing for NE that year they would have easily won a couple more games and made a good run in the playoffs.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 04:46 PM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: The fact that The Patriots were able to finish 10-6 with Matt Cassell, the lone year Brady missed, says something.  If Dalton was playing for NE that year they would have easily won a couple more games and made a good run in the playoffs.

Absolutely no one doubts in any way that Belichick is the best coach in the league.  He may be the best coach ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2017, 06:33 PM)3wt Wrote: Absolutely no one doubts in any way that Belichick is the best coach in the league.  He may be the best coach ever.

When Bill Belichick got to Cleveland he said he picked the brain of Jim Brown on how Paul Brown ran the team.

I believe Bill Belichick modeled his coaching style on Paul Brown and adjusted to the way the game is played today.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:54 PM)Clep Wrote: Ranking the NFL's 32 starting QBs (via http://thesco.re/theScore_App )
https://www.thescore.com/news/1310931

Andy Dalton ranked 23rd, behind Ryan Tannehill.

Reaction?

Yeah, well that's the impression Dalton has left NFL fans with so it's no surprise to see it come out in an article. Until the Bengals start to beat the top teams (like NE, Dallas and Denver) and at least beat them half the time, the Bengals are going to be an "also ran" team that just sort of can't quite make the grade.

I don't pin this on Dalton though. It's basically on Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown.

Say the Bengals had signed Payton Manning when he was a FA instead of Denver. Could Marvin had guided that team to a SB win? Unlikely.

I'm more of the belief that no matter what pieces (players) the front office give Marvin he'll find a way to be ok but not great.

Then there's the front office and I just don't see them doing what it takes to put a SB caliber team there. Mike Brown has never done it in more than 20 years and there's no reason believe he'll be able to do it now or anytime in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote