Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daltons Pocket Presence
(09-28-2017, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: .......which is why he has the "yips".  It's Cincy sports baby, you blame the QB (or Joey Votto) if you're losing. Mellow

You know, I've understood like 10% of the Dalton hate. He's had criticism worthy moments for sure. I'd say 90% of the hate has been way off base and he hasn't gotten half the love or credit he deserves, but I get some of the criticism. Joey Votto though? People that bash that guy are morons. The guy is one of the best pure hitters in MLB history and his meticulous approach to each at-bat is a joy to watch (when I actually watch baseball). 

Plus this interview was hilarious:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know, I've understood like 10% of the Dalton hate. He's had criticism worthy moments for sure. I'd say 90% of the hate has been way off base and he hasn't gotten half the love or credit he deserves, but I get some of the criticism. Joey Votto though? People that bash that guy are morons. The guy is one of the best pure hitters in MLB history and his meticulous approach to each at-bat is a joy to watch (when I actually watch baseball). 

Plus this interview was hilarious:

Indeed....if Votto plays a few more years, he'll own most of the Reds' records.  He's HOF conversation good.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Indeed....if Votto plays a few more years, he'll own most of the Reds' records.  He's HOF conversation good.

IMO, he's a shoe-in if he keeps padding his bulk stats a few more years...and the baseball HOF is easily the most strict of the major sports.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's almost as if ... Dalton elevated their play while in Cincy. Mellow

That couldn't be. He's been given the best weapons in the league every year he's been here. They all elevated Dalton's play, not the other way around. Ninja

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see that. Besides AJ Green and maybe Tyler Eifert, Andy Dalton does elevate the play of his weapons when he's kept clean. He's got 6 years in the league that prove that. That's why after the first 2 games this year, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It's almost as if ... Dalton elevated their play while in Cincy. Mellow

I think playing with AJ Green had a lot to do with it too.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 05:24 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: That couldn't be. He's been given the best weapons in the league every year he's been here. They all elevated Dalton's play, not the other way around. Ninja

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see that. Besides AJ Green and maybe Tyler Eifert, Andy Dalton does elevate the play of his weapons when he's kept clean. He's got 6 years in the league that prove that. That's why after the first 2 games this year, I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him.

Unfortunately it's been 3 games. And 0-3 pretty much guarantees we miss the playoffs again this year. 

Reply/Quote