Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook
(05-17-2023, 06:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think we can get Burrow & Higgins extended easily with what we have. Wilson would be close, and we wouod likely be real close to the cap. 

Though I hear Collins' contract could provide some breathing room if he is not active on gamedays to start? 

I think so too, we CAN still afford extending those 3 and yes LC's contract is a good one, some breathing room as you say since he got hurt.

Still think a Mixon restructure is in the works soon, like next week soon. Expecting the Burrow extension and a Mixon restructure soon.

If Mixon doesn't want the restructure, he should be cut and that would free up money for all these moves as well and it would bring back Dalvin 
Cook into our thoughts if he is cut like it sounds like he will be at any time. Love the Chase Brown pick, I think he gives us some insurance as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so too, we CAN still afford extending those 3 and yes LC's contract is a good one, some breathing room as you say since he got hurt.

Still think a Mixon restructure is in the works soon, like next week soon. Expecting the Burrow extension and a Mixon restructure soon.

If Mixon doesn't want the restructure, he should be cut and that would free up money for all these moves as well and it would bring back Dalvin 
Cook into our thoughts if he is cut like it sounds like he will be at any time. Love the Chase Brown pick, I think he gives us some insurance as well.

I am not sure we want a multi-year commitment with Mixon, given how he played last year. And the off-field stuff. I know I don't. I think a clean break after this campaign is more likely. Especially if Brown (or Trayveon Williams) play well this year. 

If Mixon balls out, maybe then I take a look at a restructure/extension. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 07:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am not sure we want a multi-year commitment with Mixon, given how he played last year. And the off-field stuff. I know I don't. I think a clean break after this campaign is more likely. Especially if Brown (or Trayveon Williams) play well this year. 

If Mixon balls out, maybe then I take a look at a restructure/extension. 

I don't want to extend Mixon at all. I am talking about restructuring his current contract so we can afford to pay Burrow, Tee, Wilson and 
Reader this year. Heck, if it was my call I would cut Mixon like you say, make a clean break and bring in a Free Agent RB that can pass block.

If that is Dalvin Cook that would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2023, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't want to extend Mixon at all. I am talking about restructuring his current contract so we can afford to pay Burrow, Tee, Wilson and 
Reader this year. Heck, if it was my call I would cut Mixon like you say, make a clean break and bring in a Free Agent RB that can pass block.

If that is Dalvin Cook that would be awesome.

My clean break is AFTER this season. Not now.

Cook isn't going to save us any money. He'll cost us MORE, most likely. He makes more than Mixon. I mean, he'd be a FA. If he is willing to sign for Mixon's savings (or less) on a 1 year deal, sure. But that is not likely, he'll want a multi-year deal with big money. Or big-ish. The way we free up cash to extend Reader (we already have space for the others) is by not paying RBs big money. After this year, we won't do it at all. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2023, 06:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If they dont cut Mixon, that's 26 million wasted on a mediocre RB when the team could save a little over 20 million by getting rid of him. 

Agreed. $26 mil already going down the drain. He sucks so bad he gets tripped up by the turnstiles at the subway. MF hasn't caught a train yet! Maybe Joe should join the Panthers so he can look good every practice. Just a thought.  Tongue Seriously, 5 friggen games last year under 30yds rushing and only 1 game all season with over 100 rushing. Ranked 27th in the league. Blech!

As much as we rely on our passing game, we don't need Mixon. We are overpaying for a tool we barely use. And yes, I just called Mixon a tool! We would get more production with our backups. I Sh** you not!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2023, 01:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Then again, no one is jumping on Ekeler, either. It is worth a call, for sure. He is an upgrade on Mixon, for sure.

Ekeler would fit perfectly in our offense. However, he's gonna want way to much money. But guess that's a non story now since he has agreed to an extension with the Chargers. 

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 02:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My clean break is AFTER this season. Not now.

Cook isn't going to save us any money. He'll cost us MORE, most likely. He makes more than Mixon. I mean, he'd be a FA. If he is willing to sign for Mixon's savings (or less) on a 1 year deal, sure. But that is not likely, he'll want a multi-year deal with big money. Or big-ish. The way we free up cash to extend Reader (we already have space for the others) is by not paying RBs big money. After this year, we won't do it at all. 

At this point yes, keep Mixon.
They had their chance to move on and didn't make enough moves to warrant moving him.
As much as I like Chase Brown as a prospect, I want to see him in action before clamoring for him to get significant snaps.
If Bengals were to bring in someone like Elliott, I'd be ok with that as a Mixon replacement, but the cost of Elliott + the dead cap of Mixon and you could be looking at ~$10 mill in cap anyway, depending on Elliott's cost.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 05:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: At this point yes, keep Mixon.
They had their chance to move on and didn't make enough moves to warrant moving him.
As much as I like Chase Brown as a prospect, I want to see him in action before clamoring for him to get significant snaps.
If Bengals were to bring in someone like Elliott, I'd be ok with that as a Mixon replacement, but the cost of Elliott + the dead cap of Mixon and you could be looking at ~$10 mill in cap anyway, depending on Elliott's cost.

Good post. I always viewed Elliot as a Perine replacement, not Mixon. 

If we have extra $$ to spend after the Burrow, Higgins, & Wilson deals, then maybe. But I'd think IOL, TE, or CB (Apple) would all rate higher than RB for me as a priority for extra $$. 
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 02:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My clean break is AFTER this season. Not now.

Well yeah, don't want Dalvin if he costs more than Mixon. I would be down with Zeke Elliott for something like we offered Samaje or 
some other RB that can pass block over keeping Mixon and his dough along with his poor vision and pass pro. But hey, that is just my
opinion, sounds like he will be here, so it is a moot point most likely.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 12:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good post. I always viewed Elliot as a Perine replacement, not Mixon. 

If we have extra $$ to spend after the Burrow, Higgins, & Wilson deals, then maybe. But I'd think IOL, TE, or CB (Apple) would all rate higher than RB for me as a priority for extra $$. 

I think Elliott could easily be a Mixon replacement after adjusting to the offense.

Both guys about the same size (although I think Mixon is smaller than Elliott now), speed (both were sub-4.5 when being drafted at 225+ lb), both are good pass catchers, both have been called upon to have 20+ touches a game many seasons.
The difference is Elliott is a better pass blocker, and he's just 1 year older than Mixon(albeit many, many more carries over his career).

If the cost of Mixon's dead cap + Elliott signing is about the same as just keeping Mixon though, it's probably just safer to roll with Mixon even if Zeke is a better pass blocker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Now that we are in June.. Things should open up for expensive contracts teams looking to move
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Elliott could easily be a Mixon replacement after adjusting to the offense.

Both guys about the same size (although I think Mixon is smaller than Elliott now), speed (both were sub-4.5 when being drafted at 225+ lb), both are good pass catchers, both have been called upon to have 20+ touches a game many seasons.
The difference is Elliott is a better pass blocker, and he's just 1 year older than Mixon(albeit many, many more carries over his career).

If the cost of Mixon's dead cap + Elliott signing is about the same as just keeping Mixon though, it's probably just safer to roll with Mixon even if Zeke is a better pass blocker.

I think Mixon is a better receiver & runner generally at this stage. More zip. Elliot is a better short yardage runner and better blocker. 
Reply/Quote
How many remember that we traded The Vikings the pick they used to get Dalvin? We took Mixon and Josh Malone. Winner: Vikings.

Only because Josh Malone did nothing
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 09:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think Mixon is a better receiver & runner generally at this stage. More zip. Elliot is a better short yardage runner and better blocker. 

Yeah, Mixon is more explosive than Zeke, that is for sure, but Zeke's vision and blocking are much better than Mixon.

I would take Zeke for less than what Mixon is being paid myself...

(06-04-2023, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many remember that we traded The Vikings the pick they used to get Dalvin? We took Mixon and Josh Malone. Winner: Vikings.

Only because Josh Malone did nothing

Didn't remember that, wild. Yes sir, the Vikes won that one. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Looks like he's about to be cut today. If Miami or Denver shell out long term guaranteed money he goes there. Otherwise, no matter how loyal they are to Mixon it can't hurt making a call.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37818666/vikings-release-rb-dalvin-cook-source-says?platform=amp
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 11:28 AM)phil413 Wrote: Looks like he's about to be cut today.  If Miami or Denver shell out long term guaranteed money he goes there.  Otherwise, no matter how loyal they are to Mixon it can't hurt making a call.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37818666/vikings-release-rb-dalvin-cook-source-says?platform=amp

Hes gonna want big money and we will still have to pay mixon either way.,

He seems like hes rehabing so couldnt sign him now anyway (as he probably cant pass a psychical yet)

"Cook underwent shoulder surgery Feb. 14 in hopes of avoiding the chronic separations he has suffered. At the time, the Vikings said he would be fully recovered in time for the regular season. He had not been participating in the voluntary portion of the Vikings' offseason program, and the timing of his departure means there will be no clash over whether he reports for mandatory minicamp later this month."
Reply/Quote
A purist's football player, or at least he used to be. Could do a bit (or a lot) of everything. I just wish he weren't so injury-prone. Ankle, knee, thigh, shoulder, core... he's had it all. At the start of the offseason I thought he would have been a fit. But the way things have gone, I doubt that's true anymore. Crazy how much changes in just a few months.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2023, 02:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The difference is Elliott is a better pass blocker, and he's just 1 year older than Mixon(albeit many, many more carries over his career).

I think that's the most important difference in this offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 11:28 AM)phil413 Wrote: Looks like he's about to be cut today.  If Miami or Denver shell out long term guaranteed money he goes there.  Otherwise, no matter how loyal they are to Mixon it can't hurt making a call.

Yeah, I would still make a call to Dalvin. He is a better overall RB than Mixon.

(06-08-2023, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes gonna want big money and we will still have to pay mixon either way.,

He seems like hes rehabing so couldnt sign him now anyway (as he probably cant pass a psychical yet)

"Cook underwent shoulder surgery Feb. 14 in hopes of avoiding the chronic separations he has suffered. At the time, the Vikings said he would be fully recovered in time for the regular season. He had not been participating in the voluntary portion of the Vikings' offseason program, and the timing of his departure means there will be no clash over whether he reports for mandatory minicamp later this month."

Why is that? If we cut Mixon, we cut his salary?

But yeah, the injury to Dalvin Cook makes me more hesitant about bringing him in, but if he would be ready by the regular 
season I would take him over Mixon. A Cook/Chase Brown/Trayveon RB room would be much better just because of the pass 
protection and vision would be better.

(06-08-2023, 12:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think that's the most important difference in this offense.

It is. All our RB's need to be able to pass protect in this Offense. This is fact. Makes us much more unpredictable and keeps 
our Franchise QB upright.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why is that? If we cut Mixon, we cut his salary?

I thought there was a Dead Cap hit  maybe that was before June 1st...

But id give mixon a chance to take a paycut. before outright releasing him
Reply/Quote