Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalvin Cook #4
Ive been watching alot of film on him lately and is it just me or does it look like hes not even trying.He makes it look so effortless.i guess thats a good thing because he is outrunning everyone
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:16 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Ive been watching alot of film on him lately and is it just me or does it look like hes not even trying.He makes it look so effortless.i guess thats a good thing because he is outrunning everyone

I've been watching him since his first snap in the garnet and gold.....he's always looked like that.  A home run hitter if there ever was one.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've been watching him since his first snap in the garnet and gold.....he's always looked like that.  A home run hitter if there ever was one.

I really think we need another gamebreaker type player on offense .The more i watch the more im leaning towards wanting him at 9.His body looks like he is jogging but hes blowing by everyone
Reply/Quote
Clinton Portis 2.0
Reply/Quote
if we don't take him I really like mixon in 4th comp or 5th comp. Dalvin cook seems like a cross of dion lewis and carlos hyde.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 03:18 AM)Jpoore Wrote: if we don't take him I really like mixon in 4th comp or 5th comp. Dalvin cook seems like a cross of dion lewis and carlos hyde.

Some people are calling him Chris Johnson 2.0.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Personally, I see Cook as the best RB prospect in this class. The question is weather you take him at #9? Personally, I think that you do, here's why.

Giovanni Bernard suffered a torn ACL, while some players have returned to all of their former selves, there are no guarantees that he will be one of the lucky ones that makes 100% recovery. And, even if he does recover strong, he may not be ready for full action until somewhere in the middle of the season.

Jeremy Hill is also injured, and more times than not, dinged up in some sort of way. Though he's only been 3 years in the NFL, the wear and tear of the pounding from playing at LSU and with the Bengals is adding up fast.

Rex Burkhead finally was able to string together enough good film to go searching for a paycheck. You gotta think that this contract will be Rex's only NFL opportunity to make any serious money. I think that he will definitely be looking to go to the highest bidder, most likely more than what the Bengals will be willing to pay. (anyone remember Andrew Hawkins?)

Free agency? C'mon, this is the Bengals...

After looking at the questions surrounding the RB position, I can see a strong case for drafting a Dalvin Cook with the #9 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: Some people are calling him Chris Johnson 2.0.

Just based on size and speed but Cook is also an after contact runner, where Johnson was always just a speedster. Cook's power and balance puts him above Johnson when it comes to skills.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:58 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just based on size and speed but Cook is also an after contact runner, where Johnson was always just a speedster. Cook's power and balance puts him above Johnson when it comes to skills.

He's the real deal, no doubt.  Seems like a guy who can still get yards even if the hole isn't there and if he gets to the second level, the defense is in trouble.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I see Cook as the best RB prospect in this class.  The question is weather you take him at #9?  Personally, I think that you do, here's why.

Giovanni Bernard suffered a torn ACL, while some players have returned to all of their former selves, there are no guarantees that he will be one of the lucky ones that makes 100% recovery.  And, even if he does recover strong, he may not be ready for full action until somewhere in the middle of the season.

Jeremy Hill is also injured, and more times than not, dinged up in some sort of way.  Though he's only been 3 years in the NFL, the wear and tear of the pounding from playing at LSU and with the Bengals is adding up fast.

Rex Burkhead finally was able to string together enough good film to go searching for a paycheck.  You gotta think that this contract will be Rex's only NFL opportunity to make any serious money.  I think that he will definitely be looking to go to the highest bidder, most likely more than what the Bengals will be willing to pay. (anyone remember Andrew Hawkins?)

Free agency?  C'mon, this is the Bengals...

After looking at the questions surrounding the RB position, I can see a strong case for drafting a Dalvin Cook with the #9 
 At first i was against rb in rd 1.im becoming more and more interested now that i have watched some film on cook.i also like fournette.yes he has ankle problems but gurley had a shredded knee and came back fine.i am totally against trading down.we dont get top 10 picks very often and we really need to make this  count....whoever it is needs to be a gamebreaker who can contribute now
Reply/Quote
Cook is enticing, no doubt. I still say edge rusher at 9
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 01:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I see Cook as the best RB prospect in this class.  The question is weather you take him at #9?  Personally, I think that you do, here's why.

Giovanni Bernard suffered a torn ACL, while some players have returned to all of their former selves, there are no guarantees that he will be one of the lucky ones that makes 100% recovery.  And, even if he does recover strong, he may not be ready for full action until somewhere in the middle of the season.

Jeremy Hill is also injured, and more times than not, dinged up in some sort of way.  Though he's only been 3 years in the NFL, the wear and tear of the pounding from playing at LSU and with the Bengals is adding up fast.

Rex Burkhead finally was able to string together enough good film to go searching for a paycheck.  You gotta think that this contract will be Rex's only NFL opportunity to make any serious money.  I think that he will definitely be looking to go to the highest bidder, most likely more than what the Bengals will be willing to pay. (anyone remember Andrew Hawkins?)

Free agency?  C'mon, this is the Bengals...

After looking at the questions surrounding the RB position, I can see a strong case for drafting a Dalvin Cook with the #9 pick.

Yeah, my favorite RB in this class as well and would be very happy with him at 9.

Gio coming off injury, Hill not playing up to his ability and if Rex leaves it is almost a no brainer.

Dalvin was this good behind a bad O-line to boot.

I would probably rather have a pass rusher early and Joe Mixon late but this would not be a bad pick at all for us and it makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, my favorite RB in this class as well and would be very happy with him at 9.

Gio coming off injury, Hill not playing up to his ability and if Rex leaves it is almost a no brainer.

Dalvin was this good behind a bad O-line to boot.

I would probably rather have a pass rusher early and Joe Mixon late but this would not be a bad pick at all for us and it makes sense.

I honestly dont think that Mixon will fall as far as everyone thinks.He recieved a first rd grade and has the game tape to back it up.im guessing a rb needy team like the ravens will pick him up mid 2nd or 3rd
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:43 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I honestly dont think that Mixon will fall as far as everyone thinks.He recieved a first rd grade and has the game tape to back it up.im guessing a rb needy team like the ravens will pick him up mid 2nd or 3rd

Could be right, but hitting a woman is a big, red flag.

We will see, but he certainly has skills.
Reply/Quote
I think Elliot has created a false over valuation of HBs this year. Look back before Elliot and see when the last time a HB was taken in the top 10 and it worked. On the other hand I think Trent Richardson moved the pendulum too far the other way causing them to under value them. Unless you are built to run like the Cowboys were from day 1 Elliot got there using a top 10 pick on a back is pretty nuts.

With that said, you can wait in this draft especially and get some serious talent. Remember the name D'Onta Foreman at the end of the 1st, the guy is very similar to Steven Jackson.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 03:43 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I honestly dont think that Mixon will fall as far as everyone thinks.He recieved a first rd grade and has the game tape to back it up.im guessing a rb needy team like the ravens will pick him up mid 2nd or 3rd

You think the Ravens will draft a HB who has a video of him hitting a woman?

Was this meant to be a joke?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: You think the Ravens will draft a HB who has a video of him hitting a woman?

Pretty sure most people got it.kinda ruins it when you spell it out
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 05:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: You think the Ravens will draft a HB who has a video of him hitting a woman?

(01-09-2017, 05:51 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Pretty sure most people got it.kinda ruins it when you spell it out

Sadly i needed Au165 to spell it out for me. Sad
Reply/Quote