Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le'Veon Bell's suspension reduced
From 4 games to 3.

Fair or not? Personally I don't understand why it would be reduced. I feel like in this instance you either missed tests for whatever reason and broke the rules or you didn't and you're innocent. But who am I?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000687567/article/leveon-bells-suspension-reduced-to-three-games%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Daround-the-league%253Bteam%253Dpit%253Bconf%253Dafc%253Bdvsn%253Dacn&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%2523fff&p.bgc1m=%25230964bf&p.bgc2m=%2523053a74&sr=amp?client=safari

Reply/Quote
Of ***** course it was.

Pfft.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
How is there not a public (meaning the NFL public) outcry over this? I'm going to write in to a bunch of shows on ESPN and NFL Network and see if any of them have the balls to call out the NFL's bias towards the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Read this somewhere else. Apparently this also prevents Bell from being suspended 10 games for the next offense and instead will only get 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Suspended 3 games in the morning, posts rap video on Facebook in the afternoon. Poor form, poor decision making, and poor excuse for a professional. Is it any wonder why he "missed" a drug test? Hopefully Steelers brass is paying attention when it's time for him to get paid.

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/LeVeonBellOfficial/videos/940850766041365/[/video]
Reply/Quote
And claiming bias and favoritism toward the Steelers by reducing Bells suspension to 3 games while the league is simultaneously harassing and threatening James Harrison is intellectually dishonest.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 04:21 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And claiming bias and favoritism toward the Steelers by reducing Bells suspension to 3 games while the league is simultaneously harassing and threatening James Harrison is intellectually dishonest.

lol, k
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 04:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: From 4 games to 3.

Fair or not? Personally I don't understand why it would be reduced. I feel like in this instance you either missed tests for whatever reason and broke the rules or you didn't and you're innocent. But who am I?

This is correct.  They also fined the team.  So, along with not advancing Bell in the program, the NFL clearly acknowledged they and the Steelers had some culpability in the missed tests (i.e. proper notification).  It should have been either 0 or 4 games - I don't understand how they came up with 3.

Bell is either responsible for the missed test or he isn't.  The program also apparently tests him weekly, so it looks like there probably should have been no suspension (so much for favoring Steelers) given the acknowledgement of some degree of confusion over the missed test.

Steelers GM was apparently pissed [haha, no pun intended] the story leaked believing it would have otherwise only been 1 game at most.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
The kicker of this bs is that if he gets suspended again it will only be 4 games not 10 games as it would be for any other player not in a Steelers uniform. The only reason his suspension was reduced and that he was not advanced in the drug program of the NFL is because that the NFL is in bed with the Rooneys and everyone that has common sense knows that. To be fair they need to look at Burfict and reduce his suspension because he was only fined previously and never suspended but that shows the favoritism for the Steelers and hatred towards the Bengals. The league's love affair with the Steelers is just ridiculous. Also to be fair too, Brady's suspension should be reduced or even taken away because honestly the league never showed that Brady was involved directly with deflategate. Once again favoritism was shown towards the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2016, 03:20 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: The kicker of this bs is that if he gets suspended again it will only be 4 games not 10 games as it would be for any other player not in a Steelers uniform. The only reason his suspension was reduced and that he was not advanced in the drug program of the NFL is because that the NFL is in bed with the Rooneys and everyone that has common sense knows that. To be fair they need to look at Burfict and reduce his suspension because he was only fined previously and never suspended but that shows the favoritism for the Steelers and hatred towards the Bengals. The league's love affair with the Steelers is just ridiculous. Also to be fair too, Brady's suspension should be reduced or even taken away because honestly the league never showed that Brady was involved directly with deflategate. Once again favoritism was shown towards the Steelers.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote