Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn what happened?
Moving my daughter to Charlotte this weekend and haven’t been able to see any football. Will be in the air most of the Bengals game too. Fully expected three 2-0 teams. Ravens I though had the hardest task and last time I saw they were dominating. Finally got through all the airport nonsense and checked my phone. I mean it’s good as a Bengals fan but kind of shocking to see all three teams ended up losing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Ravens lost too? That game was a blowout. I came here because I saw a FB meme saying the Browns managed to lose. Now I found out the Ravens lost too?lololololololo
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 05:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Moving my daughter to Charlotte this weekend and haven’t been able to see any football. Will be in the air most of the Bengals game too. Fully expected three 2-0 teams. Ravens I though had the hardest task and last time I saw they were dominating. Finally got through all the airport nonsense and checked my phone. I mean it’s good as a Bengals fan but kind of shocking to see all three teams ended up losing.

Correction: all four teams.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 05:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Moving my daughter to Charlotte this weekend and haven’t been able to see any football. Will be in the air most of the Bengals game too. Fully expected three 2-0 teams. Ravens I though had the hardest task and last time I saw they were  dominating. Finally got through all the airport nonsense and checked my phone. I mean it’s good as a Bengals fan but kind of shocking to see all three teams ended up losing.

Our top 5 corners were on the injury report this week. Fuller out for the year. Humphrey and Williams still playing hurt. Stephens out. Peters was on a limited snap count due to the injury he was coming back from. Without any shame, I started both Waddle and Hill knowing that.

Surprised the defense kept them to 14 for 3 quarters, but the wheels understandably fell apart in the secondary.

The Ravens lack of a run game outside of Lamar (Dobbins took 1 more week off and Edwards is still on the PUP) hurt them in some key areas. Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis aren't the answer, so it sucks when you're 1st and goal on the 2 and you can't score on 4 plays. It also hurts you with running out the clock as your defense breaks down.

Crazy to say that the best part of the Ravens right now is the passing game and that Lamar is looking sharp in that area.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:37 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Correction: all four teams.

Ummm ok. Was talking about the three early games and how they all ended up losing but sure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ummm ok. Was talking about the three early games and how they all ended up losing but sure.

If your identifying characteristic was ‘early games’, three was the wrong number. There were at least twice as many early games than that. You mentioned only the Ravens by name, so rather than assuming that you were talking about two other random early games, I figured that you were limiting the three to AFC North teams (of which, the last time I checked, the Bengals were one). But if you had other criteria to narrow the early games down to three, I’d love to know what it was.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:52 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If your identifying characteristic was ‘early games’, three was the wrong number. There were at least twice as many early games than that. You mentioned only the Ravens by name, so rather than assuming that you were talking about two other random early games, I figured that you were limiting the three to AFC North teams (of which, the last time I checked, the Bengals were one). But if you had other criteria to narrow the early games down to three, I’d love to know what it was.

Ok thanks.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Ok thanks.

Salty
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:30 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Salty

I guess he figured that the Bengals were exempt from being part of an overall losing AFC North effort because they ‘played late’.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 08:37 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Correction: all four teams.

It's a race to the bottom...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It's a race to the bottom...

And the Bengals are in the lead!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:39 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I guess he figured that the Bengals were exempt from being part of an overall losing AFC North effort because they ‘played late’.

No I was asking about the three teams and what happened because two especially were a little surprising based on the scores I had previously seen.  Had nothing to do with the Bengals who hadn't even played yet.

Reply/Quote