Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damontre Moore
Dophins just cut Damontre Moore. A DE from Texas A&M

This guy is running out of chances. He was a 3rd round pick of the Giants in 2013. Who many predicted would go earlier than he did.

He got cut by the Giants in December last year after getting in a fight with a teammate about free headphones. The Dolphins claimed him and he played in their last 3 games. He is 23 will be 24 this year and has 9.5 career sacks.

With the way our DE depth looks right now. I think he is well worth a claim and would still be on his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 06:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dophins just cut Damontre Moore. A DE from Texas A&M

This guy is running out of chances. He was a 3rd round pick of the Giants in 2013. Who many predicted would go earlier than he did.

He got cut by the Giants in December last year after getting in a fight with a teammate about free headphones. The Dolphins claimed him and he played in their last 3 games. He is 23 will be 24 this year and has 9.5 career sacks.

With the way our DE depth looks right now. I think he is well worth a claim and would still be on his rookie contract.

Would like this, we need another End for competition at the spot. This is the only hole i think we have right now besides Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would like this, we need another End for competition at the spot. This is the only hole i think we have right now besides Bodine.

I thought that the Bengals had enough talent on the roster, that they were now avoiding guys with locker room problems, off of the scrap heap?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd still like to sign Bjoern Warner and see what he can do back in the 4-3 where he belongs. Would be good competition for Clarke/Hunt
Reply/Quote
Sure, why not. As leonardfan says, bring in Werner too. Both are still young and have been more productive than both Hunt and Clarke combined.

Even if Hunt were to pan out, he'll be 29 when the season starts. He doesn't really have tread on his tires, but he's no young buck either.

Are both Moore and Werner too light to Bengals 4-3 DEs though? They are both in the 250 lb range and the Bengals typically prefer 270+ lbs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
9.5 sacks over (essentially) 2 seasons and the worst thing he's done is argue with a teammate over headphones?

Yeah I'd say he's worth a claim.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that the Bengals had enough talent on the roster, that they were now avoiding guys with locker room problems, off of the scrap heap?

One fight with a teammate does not necessarily mean he has locker room problems.

I would have to know about the situation, but i will take a talented 3rd round DE if he can help in our rotation.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One fight with a teammate does not necessarily mean he has locker room problems.

I would have to know about the situation, but i will take a talented 3rd round DE if he can help in our rotation.
Too late Oakland already grabbed him up.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Too late Oakland already grabbed him up.

Oh well, still there are some Ends out there that could easily compete here.
Reply/Quote
Why do fans perceive other teams busts are better than our own? I'd rather have Clarke or Hunt than I would Moore. Clarke and Moore were both 3rd round picks.

Now the other DE on Miami's roster bubble I might take a shot at........
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 03:22 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Why do fans perceive other teams busts are better than our own? I'd rather have Clarke or Hunt than I would Moore. Clarke and Moore were both 3rd round picks.

Now the other DE on Miami's roster bubble I might take a shot at........

Because there's always a chance that a bust just needs a change of scenery. We've had success with guys like Reggie Nelson and Ced Benson. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 06:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Dophins just cut Damontre Moore. A DE from Texas A&M

funny you just stated he is running out of chances.. and also a locker room issue.. sorry those two don;t fit for me at all.. he is a waste... keep him in the trash 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Because there's always a chance that a bust just needs a change of scenery. We've had success with guys like Reggie Nelson and Ced Benson. 

Look at the early careers of Nelson and Benson.. they were not wasted years.... Nelson has 7 Ints, 160 or so combo tackles in 3 years, Benson had over 1,300 last two seasons with Bears, they just had not performed as well as projected but they were more productive than Moore for sure after 3 years of play....
Reply/Quote