Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Fouts
(12-18-2016, 10:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I turn volume down and listen to Lap and Hoard for EVERY game Rascal.

How do you sync the sound?
Reply/Quote
Fouts is always messing up names. What about our center Chris Bodine? Lol
Reply/Quote
Yeah I don't complain about announcers either...outside of Fouts, who seems to still hold a serious grudge from the freezer bowl.

This is probably blasphemy to some, but I don't mind Phil Simms. I kinda like him actually.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have watched a lot of games and listened to folks talk about certain announcers they do not like, but in all my years I don't think I've ever seen one as biased as Fouts was today. I'm sure it will not happen, but I hope the NFL reviews such things and never has him call a Bengal game again.

Just a couple off the top of my head:

Talked about when Burfict tackled Bell "out of bounds" to cause his injury

Credited Pittsburgh for not retaliating against the Bengals in this game

How good Bell blocked on a whif

Cried that there wasn't a seond PF on us on the play where Pitt pushed Burfict

If folks know me: I'm not one ro whine about reffing or announcers, but today was just too much.

He still hasn't changed his tampon from losing in the freezer bowl.  Whiny *****.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He seems to really hate Burfict. As they were showing a highlite clip of his play today, he mentioned "not always playing within the rules". Burfict got 1 PF today and that is when he took Ben down and I think it was his first of the year.

Piggy should get an academy award for that flop.  Leaned in to Burfict, fell to the ground, and waved his arms as though he just got tackled by the facemask.  Of course, it worked. 
Reply/Quote
Yep, he was so tempting to turn off. He has never liked the Bengals, but frequently takes dumps on them when he can.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its already painful watching this. Listening to an ass clown like that continuously rag on my team and kiss steeler ass fills me with rage.

Maybe they are trying to get all of cincinnati to quit watching the NFL.

Absolutely...............he's still butt-hurt over the freezer bowl game................
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Piggy should get an academy award for that flop.  Leaned in to Burfict, fell to the ground, and waved his arms as though he just got tackled by the facemask.  Of course, it worked. 

I watched the highlights of the game on NFL.com since I couldn't watch it yesterday.  They spent 30-45 seconds on Burfict's personal foul, but made no mention whatsoever of the personal fouls the Steelers received.  The NFL as a whole is really trying to push that narrative, aren't they?
Reply/Quote
The option is to listen to our own guys on radio because the network stooges will blather along reading the same tired script from now (actually 20 years past included with now) until the end of time. Trust me on this..you will literally go to your grave as an old and decrepit senior citizen as will your children and their children screaming about how bad the announcers are unless you preemptively change the channel now. 
Sadly yesterday I listened to the Fouts nonsense and never once did I expect to hear praise of the Bengals and I wasn't disappointed, but at least I'm pretty good at tuning out the noise. It's kind of like watching Fox news and actually expecting 'fair and balanced'.. You have a better chance of listening to a TV preacher telling you there is no god and a Bugs Bunny coloring book is the gospel.. 
On that note Marvin might actually want to blow up the earth. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Broadcasting is Dead along with Journalism. I swear if I ever see Fouts in an alley, I mean I wanted to punch him in the middle of his face the entire game. The hate and Bias did seem EXTRA stronger then usual in the Pittsburgh game though I agree.
How can CBS honestly listen to this and not take action, this goes way beyond being Unprofessional.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 01:36 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Broadcasting is Dead along with Journalism. I swear if I ever see Fouts in an alley, I mean I wanted to punch him in the middle of his face the entire game. The hate and Bias did seem EXTRA stronger then usual in the Pittsburgh game though I agree.
How can CBS honestly listen to this and not take action, this goes way beyond being Unprofessional.

It's the post truth doctrine..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 02:46 AM)Derrick Wrote: How do you sync the sound?

Sometimes the radio broadcast is in sync, and sometimes it is ahead, sometimes it is behind.

If radio is ahead you CAN'T sync it, but if it's behind you can pause DVR on TV and sync it that way.

Here's the catch though, the NFL has blocked all the radio broadcasts during the games forcing you to get NFL Game Pass, which I have.  With that I can get all radio broadcasts and watch any game in condensed form (30 minutes) from 2009 forward.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:58 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I agree with you, bfine. I am not one who bitches about commentators, but Dan Fouts and Steve Tasker are the worst. Which sucks because I loved Tasker as a player.

Back during the early days of Bengaldom there was an announcer on nbc named al dereaugatus ( I don't care if his name is misspelled ) who was blatantly biased against our team.I actually hated him. :paul:
Reply/Quote
I don't even understand why that personal foul against Burfict was even a personal foul... It was a play fake. Ben acted like he still had the ball. How could you throw a flag on a player who was faked out? That would only happen to a player like Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I don't complain about announcers either...outside of Fouts, who seems to still hold a serious grudge from the freezer bowl.

This is probably blasphemy to some, but I don't mind Phil Simms. I kinda like him actually.

With Dierdorf gone, Fouts is the worst when it comes to the Bengals. Simms is becoming annoying since CBS crams him down out throats. There's a Twitter account devoted to Simms' quotes where he just contradicts himself.

I'd really have no problem with CBS if Fouts left. Phil Simms will work his way into spouting off a ton of Madden-isms in a year or two. Steve Tasker has been bumped down to a sideline reporter. Other than those 3, I have no issue with anyone else.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote