Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard Interviews Zac Taylor (2016)
Some of you might have seen this interview before. It's from when ZT joined UC as OC. Just hearing this guy talk about football has me pumped up for the future of the Bengals. I can see why McVey hired him. He says he grew up in Norman, OK, which means Mixon will be excited to play for him. And you look at the way the Rams use Gurley and we should all be excited to see what he does to get Mixon into the mix.

He comes across as:
Aggressive.
Detail oriented.
Dedicated to throwing new things at teams each and every week.
Dedicated to holding players accountable

.And he says all these things with such conviction that you know he means it.

I think we're in for a new culture in that building and alot more success on the field. WHO DEY!! VIDEO
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My brother in law is a big Dolphins fan and just yesterday he was raving about Zac Taylor. He told me that he hated to see Zac go and that he thinks it was a great hire. He also encouraged me to go back and watch hard knocks when the Dolphins were featured. He said Zac made an impression on the show and then backed it up with the way he coached that season. I haven’t checked it out yet but I’m going to soon.

Reply/Quote
I know he did not pan out at UC but there could have been many factors there that hindered his outcome as the OC. Taylor interviews well and I expect the Cincinnati press to get more details and less evasive responses to questions compared to Marvin Lewis. I hope he brings a championship SB ring with him to Cincinnati. I also hope he gets his first choice of coaching assistants. A new culture is coming to the Bengals. May take some time to get the personnel and talent however.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 05:04 PM)Shady Wrote: Some of you might have seen this interview before. It's from when ZT joined UC as OC. Just hearing this guy talk about football has me pumped up for the future of the Bengals. I can see why McVey hired him. He says he grew up in Norman, OK, which means Mixon will be excited to play for him. And you look at the way the Rams use Gurley and we should all be excited to see what he does to get Mixon into the mix.

He comes across as:
Aggressive.
Detail oriented.
Dedicated to throwing new things at teams each and every week.
Dedicated to holding players accountable

.And he says all these things with such conviction that you know he means it.

I think we're in for a new culture in that building and alot more success on the field. WHO DEY!! VIDEO

The complete opposite of Marvin Lewis.

I... freakin... love it! Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 05:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know he did not pan out at UC but there could have been many factors there that hindered his outcome as the OC. Taylor interviews well and I expect the Cincinnati press to get more details and less evasive responses to questions compared to Marvin Lewis. I hope he brings a championship SB ring with him to Cincinnati. I also hope he gets his first choice of coaching assistants. A new culture is coming to the Bengals. May take some time to get the personnel and talent however.

You could have put Bill Walsh, Bill Belichik and Paul Brown on the coaching staff under Tommy Tuberville and they wouldn’t have done any better.

Tuberville made exactly zero effort coaching at UC. None. He was a complete waste who simply showed up and stole money from the university.

Any stats/results Taylor had while at UC can be thrown out the window.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You could have put Bill Walsh, Bill Belichik and Paul Brown on the coaching staff under Tommy Tuberville and they wouldn’t have done any better.

Tuberville made exactly zero effort coaching at UC. None. He was a complete waste who simply showed up and stole money from the university.

That is good to know.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You could have put Bill Walsh, Bill Belichik and Paul Brown on the coaching staff under Tommy Tuberville and they wouldn’t have done any better.

If you like your current UC Football Program?  You can thank a Buckeye!  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you like your current UC Football Program?  You can thank a Buckeye!  Cool

I figure we'll get one, maybe two more years out of him before he gets stolen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the vid Shady, yeah he is the complete opposite of Marv as Pat says.

I am really excited about this guy and seeing who he brings with him. We needed a culture change and he looks to be the exact type of personality to bring it. All i hear from everyone that has worked with him is that he is impressive in all the aspects of coaching and that is what we have needed here for years. Last time we had a good coach we went to the Superbowl.

Hope the same happens with this guy in a couple years. Willing to give Taylor some time.

Cannot be too impatient with a new Coach coming in in his first year.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 08:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the vid Shady, yeah he is the complete opposite of Marv as Pat says.

I am really excited about this guy and seeing who he brings with him. We needed a culture change and he looks to be the exact type of personality to bring it. All i hear from everyone that has worked with him is that he is impressive in all the aspects of coaching and that is what we have needed here for years. Last time we had a good coach we went to the Superbowl.

Hope the same happens with this guy in a couple years. Willing to give Taylor some time.

Cannot be too impatient with a new Coach coming in in his first year.

I want to see his response to Dalton as our starting QB. Does Andy stay or go? I think he stays. Draft his replacement in 2-3 years. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 05:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know he did not pan out at UC but there could have been many factors there that hindered his outcome as the OC.  Taylor interviews well and I expect the Cincinnati press to get more details and less evasive responses to questions compared to Marvin Lewis.  I hope he brings a championship SB ring with him to Cincinnati.  I also hope he gets his first choice of coaching assistants.  A new culture is coming to the Bengals.  May take some time to get the personnel and talent however.

This is the logical thought process, but I can't help but think of how this new regime will get more out of the talent they have.  

I see only a couple glaring issues that prevent the Bengals from being a contender:  LB play and offensive line.  

The LB play was horrible, but when you look who was out there it makes sense.  Vigil is a solid LB that has good speed and instincts.  Burfict was one of the best I have ever seen, but he is unreliable and has lost more than a step.  I do not want to plan on him making a contribution.  I want the team to go on like he won't be there (draft a LB and get one in FA) and if he reverses the direction his career is heading by some act of God, great, but no way is he in my plans for next year.  

If a good LB is drafted early and the Bengals sign one in FA, I think you could see a Cowboy-like resurgence in the Bengals defense.

The offensive line might not be quite as difficult.  I see the coach as someone that will use a TE or a back to help on the right side on passing downs.  This seems so easy, but I didn't see if very often last year.  Yes, you are theoretically taking away a target, but if they help block and slide out as an outlet receiver they still must be accounted for by the defense.

I hope the Bengals have a better plan at RT than Bobby Hart.  I want a big, mean, tough guy next to Redmond and have short yardage issues be a thing of the past.  The Bengals were vastly improved last year in that category.  Where Hart really struggled was pass protection.  If the new coaches think they can plan around it and want his run blocking then I will support it, but I can't help but think our first two picks will likely be OT and LB, hopefully with the first pick on the LB White out of LSU.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the logical thought process, but I can't help but think of how this new regime will get more out of the talent they have.  

I see only a couple glaring issues that prevent the Bengals from being a contender:  LB play and offensive line.  

The LB play was horrible, but when you look who was out there it makes sense.  Vigil is a solid LB that has good speed and instincts.  Burfict was one of the best I have ever seen, but he is unreliable and has lost more than a step.  I do not want to plan on him making a contribution.  I want the team to go on like he won't be there (draft a LB and get one in FA) and if he reverses the direction his career is heading by some act of God, great, but no way is he in my plans for next year.  

If a good LB is drafted early and the Bengals sign one in FA, I think you could see a Cowboy-like resurgence in the Bengals defense.

The offensive line might not be quite as difficult.  I see the coach as someone that will use a TE or a back to help on the right side on passing downs.  This seems so easy, but I didn't see if very often last year.  Yes, you are theoretically taking away a target, but if they help block and slide out as an outlet receiver they still must be accounted for by the defense.

I hope the Bengals have a better plan at RT than Bobby Hart.  I want a big, mean, tough guy next to Redmond and have short yardage issues be a thing of the past.  The Bengals were vastly improved last year in that category.  Where Hart really struggled was pass protection.  If the new coaches think they can plan around it and want his run blocking then I will support it, but I can't help but think our first two picks will likely be OT and LB, hopefully with the first pick on the LB White out of LSU.  

Agree. But, I just don't want fans to think Taylor is "God-Like"  and expect everything to run smoothly with an AFC championship his first year.  To change the culture of an organization will take time to get the things he needs.  Like an indoor practice facility, updated physical fitness center, and I still think Mike Brown's death grip on the franchise will need to be pried off with a jack-hammer.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 04:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Agree. But, I just don't want fans to think Taylor is "God-Like"  and expect everything to run smoothly with an AFC championship his first year.  To change the culture of an organization will take time to get the things he needs.  Like an indoor practice facility, updated physical fitness center, and I still think Mike Brown's death grip on the franchise will need to be pried off with a jack-hammer.  

Unless he's been bound and gagged in a windowless room somewhere the past few weeks, I'd say that transition has begun.  Too many un-Mike things already happening.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 04:16 PM)McC Wrote: Unless he's been bound and gagged in a windowless room somewhere the past few weeks, I'd say that transition has begun.  Too many un-Mike things already happening.

He could be just sedated.    Nervous
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 04:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He could be just sedated.    Nervous

Either way works for me.

Reply/Quote
He kinda looks like Carson Palmer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 01:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He kinda looks like Carson Palmer.

I think he looks like Burt Chance from Raising Hope.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 01:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He kinda looks like Carson Palmer.

And he's younger than Carson.  Imagine that--our new HC is 4 years younger than Carson Palmer.

Reply/Quote

Lol and still has a better winning % than any other coach not named Brian Kelly and Butch Jones the past 5 decades.

He's not that bad of a coach.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 02:04 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Lol and still has a better winning % than any other coach not named Brian Kelly and Butch Jones the past 5 decades.

He's not that bad of a coach.

He WAS a good coach.  But by the time he got to UC, he was done.  He was just there for the paycheck.

Reply/Quote