Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Hoard Interviews Zac Taylor (2016)
(01-23-2019, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: He WAS a good coach.  But by the time he got to UC, he was done.  He was just there for the paycheck.

Who really coaches for free?  Ninja

The guy won 9, 9, 7 and 4. Probably mostly because of Butchs recruits, but still he still tallied the wins. He just sucked at recruiting, and that was probably because he ****** over TT when he got word he was the UC HC pick. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 02:20 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Who really coaches for free?  Ninja

The guy won 9, 9, 7 and 4. Probably mostly because of Butchs recruits, but still he still tallied the wins. He just sucked at recruiting, and that was probably because he ****** over TT when he got word he was the UC HC pick. 

Of course nobody coaches college football for free.  But some guys actually go ahead and earn the check.  And his win trajectory says it all.  He was a disaster, end of story.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 04:12 PM)McC Wrote: Of course nobody coaches college football for free.  But some guys actually go ahead and earn the check.  And his win trajectory says it all.  He was a disaster, end of story.

:andy:

You hold the torch and Pat can light it. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying he didn't give "0" effort, but what-evs
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 04:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: :andy:

You hold the torch and Pat can light it. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying he didn't give "0" effort, but what-evs

Zero is exactly what effort he gave.   And defense was a foreign concept to him.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like what I read about ZT holding players accountable, but holding coaches accountable is a must as well.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: He WAS a good coach.  But by the time he got to UC, he was done.  He was just there for the paycheck.

This.

Despite what he accomplished in the past (when he actually gave a s**t Whatever ), he was easily the worst thing to happen to UC in decades.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 04:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: :andy:

Ok... so maybe he didn’t give “zero effort”. Maybe more like “5%”
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 05:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: This.

Despite what he accomplished in the past (when he actually gave a s**t Whatever ), he was easily the worst thing to happen to UC in decades.

He has a top 3 winning percentage in the past 50 years outside Butch and Brian.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2019, 06:51 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He has a top 3 winning percentage in the past 50 years outside Butch and Brian.

Yes, well UC didn’t become a halfway decent football program until this millennium. Kelly, Jones, and Dantonio are pretty much it (though Fickell seems to be a solid hire Cool ).

But anyway, my main point is getting lost here. Taylor was with UC during the 2016 season, by far the worst of the Tuberville era. When it became blatantly obvious to anybody paying attention that Tuberville just didn’t care (not to mention the Kiel fiasco, and he actually said in an interview that most teams would be happy with 2 or 3 wins at the halfway point of the season Whatever ). Anyway, whatever Taylor accomplished (or didn’t accomplish) during his time with UC is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 12:35 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes, well UC didn’t become a halfway decent football program until this millennium. Kelly, Jones, and Dantonio are pretty much it (though Fickell seems to be a solid hire Cool ).

But anyway, my main point is getting lost here. Taylor was with UC during the 2016 season, by far the worst of the Tuberville era. When it became blatantly obvious to anybody paying attention that Tuberville just didn’t care (not to mention the Kiel fiasco, and he actually said in an interview that most teams would be happy with 2 or 3 wins at the halfway point of the season Whatever ). Anyway, whatever Taylor accomplished (or didn’t accomplish) during his time with UC is irrelevant.

I mean, I'd hope not many people are going to hang one year of college OC stats over his head, just like I'd hope they wouoldn't for the 5 games worth of film from his OC days with the Phins after our favorite OC Lazor was shit canned (where he did slightly worse than Lazor). Doesn't give me a big enough sample size IMO. I just want a leader of men, who can get them aligned to playing football the way it needs to be played as a HC. Plus, people grow and get better. 
Reply/Quote