Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Pitcher a possible candidate for Chargers OC?
Reply/Quote
I"m surprised that it took this long for his name to pop up but sometimes I think his role gets underestimated when the QB he is working with is Joe Burrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
From what Burrow and Zac has said, Dan is a good coach that is instrumental in our success.

Hope he sticks around.
Reply/Quote
Interesting because Staley has to get this right. Don’t know naming someone w/o OC or play calling experience right. But it could make or break them.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Interesting because Staley has to get this right. Don’t know naming someone w/o OC or play calling experience right. But it could make or break them.

Staley sure has made some head scratching moves as a HC. I don't know if I would be happy with him if I was a Chargers fan.
Reply/Quote
Not sure who Dan Pooper is and do not subscribe to the Athletic, but it appears from the headline these are 6 candidates HE picked, not the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Staley sure has made some head scratching moves as a HC. I don't know if I would be happy with him if I was a Chargers fan.

Bingo. I think the LAC brass need to get this right first whether that includes Staley or not before Staley has to get anything right. Even prior to the last two weeks, he's put his team in jeopardy more than you can count on one hand and they've won many of those games more in spite of his decisions than due to his decisions.
Reply/Quote
The downside of a winning the teams free agents and coaches are in the spotlight.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 05:11 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Bingo. I think the LAC brass need to get this right first whether that includes Staley or not before Staley has to get anything right. Even prior to the last two weeks, he's put his team in jeopardy more than you can count on one hand and they've won many of those games more in spite of his decisions than due to his decisions.

Yep, was hearing a lot about his poor decision making and then I saw the debacle against the Jags and witnessed it myself.

Sure the Jags are good but to lose a game where you are up 27-0 is pretty terrible and a lot of that is on the HC.

Remember last year too, when we were down 22-0 and nearly came back and beat the Chargers....
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 05:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not sure who Dan Pooper is and do not subscribe to the Athletic, but it appears from the headline these are 6 candidates HE picked, not the Chargers.

Thought the same. This is one guy’s opinion/wish list. I don’t think there’s any fact remotely behind it.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Zac has been building contacts and such since his hiring here, because he’s going to need them. No more Turners, please. We are going to get poached, it’s only a matter of time.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote