Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Rooney dead at 84
Condolences. Wish the bengals had an owner like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 05:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Condolences.  Wish the bengals had an owner like that.

What is this doing in Smack Talk? Shouldn't this be in the AFC North Chatter Forum?
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 05:53 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: What is this doing in Smack Talk? Shouldn't this be in the AFC North Chatter Forum?

There are exceptions to every rule, and I think a thread to offer condolences to each other when someone this strongly associated with not only one of our teams, but the league in general, should be one of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 05:53 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: What is this doing in Smack Talk? Shouldn't this be in the AFC North Chatter Forum?

I put it here because I thought more steeler fans would see it here.  I wouldn't make this a smack topic.  Too much respect for the Rooney family.

You can put your forum police badge away.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 05:26 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Condolences.  Wish the bengals had an owner like that.

Yep.  One with the sense to get out of the way.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Never good to hear news like this. A great owner and NFL ambassador lost.

I guess the silver lining is that now you Steelers fans are guaranteed to watch your team get even MORE than normal questionable calls in their favor this season. The NFL is surely chomping at the bit for this super bowl storyline. Ninja

Reply/Quote

"...an owner like that." Do you mean 'dead'?

I'm not a big MB fan, but that seems a little harsh.  Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 06:56 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I put it here because I thought more steeler fans would see it here.  I wouldn't make this a smack topic.  Too much respect for the Rooney family.

Judging by the fact that the post made in 'Around the NFL' has zero responses as I type this (despite having been posted slightly earlier than this one), I think you made the right call.  
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 07:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Never good to hear news like this. A great owner and NFL ambassador lost.

I guess the silver lining is that now you Steelers fans are guaranteed to watch your team get even MORE than normal questionable calls in their favor this season. The NFL is surely chomping at the bit for this super bowl storyline. Ninja

this    
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Heart goes out to his kids and grandkids.

His players can still **** off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate the Steelers, the NFL wouldn't be the NFL it is without what Dan Rooney did.

Much respect and many condolences.
Reply/Quote
Truly a great class act. As was Paul Brown.

It's a different game today. NFL teams are corporate businesses and status symbols. I think you would find few owners that would put love of the game ahead of financial interests.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 08:34 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: "...an owner like that." Do you mean 'dead'?

I'm not a big MB fan, but that seems a little harsh.  Ninja

Yeah ..... I think you're pretty much the only one who went there.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 06:56 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I put it here because I thought more steeler fans would see it here.  I wouldn't make this a smack topic.  Too much respect for the Rooney family.

I am not trying to be a moderator nor am I the forum police.

I was only asking a simple question, which has been answered.

However, you could have explained the reason in the 1st post. If that had happened, I would not have questioned why the wrong forum in the 1st place.

So go tell someone else to put the forum police badge away.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 09:21 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah ..... I think you're pretty much the only one who went there.

And yet, I did not insult Rooney at all.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 12:15 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: And yet, I did not insult Rooney at all.

Too bad it wasn't his franchise that died instead of him. See...not insulting roonie.
Reply/Quote
They're holding a viewing of his body at Heinz Field. They will stop and noting to push their overpriced concession food.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2017, 07:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Never good to hear news like this. A great owner and NFL ambassador lost.

Sounds like you guys have more excuses in your arsenal now. Already a productive off season.
Reply/Quote