Poll: Mike Brown or Dan Snyder
Mikey B
Danny Boy
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dan Snyder vs. Mike Brown - Who Do You Take?
(10-25-2019, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.

Over the last decade the Redskins have had a 31% decline in attendance.  That is worst in the entire league.  The Bengals were at just 24%.

Kinda hard to decline when your attendance already sucks.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Snyder at least he tries but he is a terrible person but he tries. The Brown Family doesn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just realized I am probably going to be accused of "defending Mike Brown" just by saying he is not worse than Snyder.

So let me make it clear that they both suck. All I am saying is that the people who claim they would be happy if we "tried" are all full of it. Redskin fans hate Snyder as much as Bengal fans hate Brown. "Trying" doesn't mean shit if you don't win.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just realized I am probably going to be accused of "defending Mike Brown" just by saying he is not worse than Snyder.

So let me make it clear that they both suck.  All I am saying is that the people who claim they would be happy if we "tried" are all full of it.  Redskin fans hate Snyder as much as Bengal fans hate Brown.  "Trying" doesn't mean shit if you don't win.

There is a lot more to the Snyder hate then the record. I'm speaking from a local perspective.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Kinda hard to decline when your attendance already sucks.  Ninja

In 2008 our attendance was still very high.  

98.6% of capacity.
Reply/Quote
Meh, Snyder is a d-bag and pulls that "pity the rich" crap that I tire of but he's also much more of a self-made man than Mike Brown is, so if he wants to be a jerk so be it. At any rate, I'd rather not choose either guy to run a team I root for and I defend that statement by saying that I picked the Bengals in 1987 because I wanted to be different than the Steeler fans around me and I didn't foresee all this Mike Brown crapola...oh well.

So I can't make an informed decision to support either so I'll stick with my original non-decision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2008 our attendance was still very high.  

98.6% of capacity.

Hence the ->  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There is a lot more to the Snyder hate then the record. I'm speaking from a local perspective.

Yes there is.  I have a friend who grew up in NoVa and is a Skins fan.

And some people hate him because of the team nickname (although some people probably love him for that).

But the main reason they hate him is because he loses even more than a guy like Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So I can't make an informed decision to support either so I'll stick with my original non-decision.

Same here.

I won't vote for either.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:22 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Gun to your head, you have to choose one of these winners to own and operate your franchise.

Who ya got??

I take the gun. They are both epic shitty team owners for different reasons.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is total BS.  Mike Brown did exactly what you praise Snyder for doing (changing coaches) yet you are not happy at all this year.  

Mike Brown traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league and people still scream about how he never tried to fix the O-line

Since Snyder bought the Redskins the Bengals have won more games and made the playoffs more often.  That is what fans really care about.  They may claim that they care about "trying" but their actions speak louder than their words.

I think you have even admitted Marvin needed to be fired.  In the time Marvin was head coach of the Bengals, Snyder had five.  Claiming Snyder and Brown did exactly the same thing is misleading.  

The Bills were willing to let go of Glenn because he was injured the two previous seasons and it allowed them to dump salary and move up in the draft from 21 to 12 then they moved up again form 12 to 7 and drafted their QB Josh Allen.  Then Bengals moved from 12 to 21 and drafted (back up) Billy Price.  It was a gamble that didn't pay off.  Just like it was a gamble to trot Ogbuehi out there the previous season after all his previous play indicated he wasn't starting LT material.  Just like it was a gamble to let Whitworth walk in free agency for what amounted to the money needed to sign 1-2 free agent scrubs typical of Bengals' free agency.  In less than 2 seasons they need to move on from Glenn, too.
Reply/Quote
While neither one has had too much success, I would go with Snyder for three reasons. 1.) He's loaded. 2.) I believe the Redskins have a GM, not just an owner posing as one. 3.) Snyder, while also unsuccessful thus far, is quicker to change things up and tries, at least IMHO to put a winner on the field.

Does Snyder want to win more than Mike Brown? I don't know? Seems to me he tries harder than Mike to bring about winning, he just stinks at his job, just like you know who.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes there is.  I have a friend who grew up in NoVa and is a Skins fan.

And some people hate him because of the team nickname (although some people probably love him for that).

But the main reason they hate him is because he loses even more than a guy like Mike Brown.

1.) They suck
2.) He's a dick
3.) He profited off Sean Taylor's death.
4.) The Capitals and Nats recent success has given fans another option other than the Redskins.
The Name really only pisses off the National media not the locals. If he switched the name that would be the last straw from the fanbase. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:57 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Suprisingly, I went with Mike.

Snyder is just as inept. And from what I read is just a shat human being. There was a report/story that I read recently that talked about just what an a-hole he is. Stuff of about people not being able to look him in the eyes, being required to refer to him as Mr. Snyder at all times, not allowing congratulations posts/statements to other local teams (Redskins were only DC team not to publically show support for Nationals), calling a 5am meeting to fire Jay Gruden...

The guy is just a garbage human being, and a garbage owner. That's a bad combination.

While I have plenty of gripes about Mike, and would take every other owner/GM ovee him, I don't think he's a bad person. He's a stubborn old man, with plenty of bad traits, but I'll take that over a guy like Snyder.

All that said, this is like asking if you would rather have Chlamydia or Gonorhea. Just because I choose Mike (Chlamydia) doesn't mean it's anything to be celebrated.

I had a case of gonorhea as a young man. (yes, it's curable and I took my shots in the ass like a trooper) and it BURNS like hell.. I'd take chlamydia any day.. lol 

In case you've never experienced the public health clinic where people line up for those shots in the ass of heavy doses of penicillin it's nowhere near as much fun as seen on TV.. The personnel at those clinics have no sense of humor and don't particularly seem very sympathetic.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 01:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think you have even admitted Marvin needed to be fired.  In the time Marvin was head coach of the Bengals, Snyder had five.  Claiming Snyder and Brown did exactly the same thing is misleading.  

Mike Brown was trying to win.  He just thought Marvin Lewis gave him a better shot than any possible replacement.

And while Marvin was here and Snyder was changing coaches every few years the Bengals won .518% of their games and made the playoffs 7 times while the Redskins only won .416% of their games and made the playoffs just 4 times.

Just because some fans don't agree with Mike's approach that does not mean Mike was not trying to win.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is total BS.  Mike Brown did exactly what you praise Snyder for doing (changing coaches) yet you are not happy at all this year.  

Mike Brown traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league and people still scream about how he never tried to fix the O-line

Since Snyder bought the Redskins the Bengals have won more games and made the playoffs more often.  That is what fans really care about.  They may claim that they care about "trying" but their actions speak louder than their words.

?
Marvin should have been gone with CP "quit".  He overstayed way to long. Something that doesn't happen with Snyder.

And I have never said anything bad about ZT. He was given a shitty team. It's gonna take a couple years to get it right.

And that OT was coming off an injury, he was good, I'll give him that and was a trade, not a FA. But on a trade, the player usually has no say. But hey, he's already trying to get out of his current contract. And I think we would have been better off signing Nate Solder that year.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown was trying to win.  He just thought Marvin Lewis gave him a better shot than any possible replacement.

And while Marvin was here and Snyder was changing coaches every few years the Bengals won .518% of their games and made the playoffs 7 times while the Redskins only won .416% of their games and made the playoffs just 4 times.

Just because some fans don't agree with Mike's approach that does not mean Mike was not trying to win.

Ah, so Mike didn't do exactly as Dan did.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 10:22 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Gun to your head, you have to choose one of these winners to own and operate your franchise.

Who ya got??

I was thinking the same damn thing this week. I had to go dan. Mikey is set in his ways. He will never change. Dan will atleast make some type of move whether it be sign a fa or fire someone. Mikey won’t do that
Reply/Quote

Who ya got??

I would personally rather have the Spaghetti with shit sauce. 
Reply/Quote
I went with Dan Snyder, I think Mike Brown is the better person though.
I went with the modernized ineptitude and failings of running an NFL franchise, instead of the old fashion ineptitude that will never change.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52598/how-owners-all-32-nfl-teams-made-their-money
Dan Snyder- Net Worth 2.6 billion--how did he make his money---marketing and advertising-- sports radio stations, production company
Mike Brown Net Worth round up to 1billiion-- how did he make his money-- Daddy

Redskins Front Office
https://www.redskins.com/team/front-office-roster/
Redskins have 18 scouts............ 18!!!!
Skins Legend in their Sr. VP of Player Personnel Doug Williams
Have an Indoor Practice Facility
Has an Ownership Group of Morons
Fed Ex Field: Screwing over DC tax payers since 1997
Franchise does have 3 Super Bowl wins--none with Snyder

Bengals Front Office
https://www.bengals.com/team/front-office-roster/
Bengals have 8 Scouts.........8
Cincy is all family oriented Group of Morons
You cannot be the Owner AND the GM, need separation of duties.
PBS: Screwing over Hamilton County Tax Payers since 1997 with Stadium Lease, maintenance, and clean up. Sell the naming rights and help pay of some of these costs. It is 2019, that is how things are done in the modern era.
Franchise 0 Super Bowl wins -- none with Brown
Reply/Quote