Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dane Brugler's mid-season Top 50 Prospects
Dane Brugler is usually the first one to shake up these big boards so its always interesting to see who he is moving up and down.

If you have an athletic subscription.
https://theathletic.com/5014354/2023/11/01/nfl-draft-2024-prospect-rankings-midseason/    *fixed

If you don't have an athletic subscription.
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/search?q=Dane+Brugler (Just scroll down to big boards and pick the 11/1/2023 one lol)

Some noteworthy guys NOT in Dane's top 50 : Xavier Worthy, Kingsley Suamataia, Leonard Taylor, Ja'Tavion Sanders (less surprising).

Side note: Pissed at UCLA for not giving us more Laiatu Latu vs Jordan Morgan reps Latu lined up almost exclusively over the other tackle. It's like they wanted to attack the Right Tackle or something lolol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If this list remains relatively accurate up to the draft (doubtful), my #1 want is Keon Coleman (WR) in the first round (#30 on this list), followed by Jer'Zhan Newton (DT) (#25), McKinnley Jackson (DT) (#36), Kingsley Suamataia (OT) (#32) and Jordan Morgan (#38).

Of course, it all depends on what we do in free agency. Higgins, Williams and Reader are all free agents after this season so our needs depend on who leaves, who we bring in and who re-signs.

My expectation is that we franchise Higgins, re-sign Reader and let Williams walk (he'll likely get 18 to 20 M AAV on the free agent market with how well he's playing at RT, and we can't afford that with three other premium contracts on the Oline), so Suamataia and Morgan may jump to the top of my wants list if free agency plays out like that.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 11:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If this list remains relatively accurate up to the draft (doubtful), my #1 want is Keon Coleman (WR) in the first round (#30 on this list), followed by Jer'Zhan Newton (DT) (#25), McKinnley Jackson (DT) (#36), Kingsley Suamataia (OT) (#32) and Jordan Morgan (#38).

Of course, it all depends on what we do in free agency. Higgins, Williams and Reader are all free agents after this season so our needs depend on who leaves, who we bring in and who re-signs.

My expectation is that we franchise Higgins, re-sign Reader and let Williams walk (he'll likely get 18 to 20 M AAV on the free agent market with how well he's playing at RT, and we can't afford that with three other premium contracts on the Oline), so Suamataia and Morgan may jump to the top of my wants list if free agency plays out like that.

Sorry posted the wrong board that was his pre-season rankings. Kingsley Suamataia and McKinnley Jackson didn't make the mid-season top 50. Jer'Zhan Newton was #21 and Keon Coleman is #8.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Carson Beck in the top 50? Over Penix, Nix and Jordan Travis? Not happening!

In regards to prospects for us, Mims, Paul and Barton are tackles I’m really interested in. Still interested in Kingsley too even though the first half of the season didn’t go as well as hoped.

Egbuka and Polk are two wideouts that catch my attention as well.
Reply/Quote
In terms of OT, remember we need a RT, not a LT. And while Jonah illustrates switches can happen, Carman illustrates some guys cannot do it as well.

Guys who are primarily RTs: Latham, Mims, Fuaga, Guyton, Fisher (Rd 3)
LTs: Fashanu, Alt, Fautanu, Barton, Morris, Suamatsia, Paul

I think Suamataia & Mirris have played some RT, but have looked better/primarily are LTs.

I mean, Brown COULD move back to LT, but considering the whole reason he came here was to play LT, I doubt it.

I also see OT as being our biggest whole heading into the draft, most likely. I do think we let Tee walk for nothing, he'll either be tagged or re-signed. We still have enough cap room to bring Reader back. He is foundational in my book (Burrow, Chase, Hendrickson, Reader, Higgins + Brown).

We will still have a pretty sizeable chunk of change left, depending on cap & terms of Tee/Reader deals. Assuming Turner & CTB continue to blossom, I think Turner steps into a starting CB role (as he already has been). That would mean all our starters on D would be back, depth only in the draft, though if DeJean or Newton fell in our laps....).

That would mean R1 would certainly be offense. There is not a R1 worthy TE save for Bowers. That leaves OT and WR. With Chase's ability to play inside or out, and C. Jones on the roster, we do not have to think slot necessarily for a Boyd replacement.

If our chunk isn't enough to retain Jonah, it might be for Chido or Boyd, or a starting level TE.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 04:57 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In terms of OT, remember we need a RT, not a LT. And while Jonah illustrates switches can happen, Carman illustrates some guys cannot do it as well.

Guys who are primarily RTs: Latham, Mims, Fuaga, Guyton, Fisher (Rd 3)
LTs: Fashanu, Alt, Fautanu, Barton, Morris, Suamatsia, Paul

I think Suamataia & Mirris have played some RT, but have looked better/primarily are LTs.

I mean, Brown COULD move back to LT, but considering the whole reason he came here was to play LT, I doubt it.

I also see OT as being our biggest whole heading into the draft, most likely. I do think we let Tee walk for nothing, he'll either be tagged or re-signed. We still have enough cap room to bring Reader back. He is foundational in my book (Burrow, Chase, Hendrickson, Reader, Higgins + Brown).

We will still have a pretty sizeable chunk of change left, depending on cap & terms of Tee/Reader deals. Assuming Turner & CTB continue to blossom, I think Turner steps into a starting CB role (as he already has been). That would mean all our starters on D would be back, depth only in the draft, though if DeJean or Newton fell in our laps....).

That would mean R1 would certainly be offense. There is not a R1 worthy TE save for Bowers. That leaves OT and WR. With Chase's ability to play inside or out, and C. Jones on the roster, we do not have to think slot necessarily for a Boyd replacement.

If our chunk isn't enough to retain Jonah, it might be for Chido or Boyd, or a starting level TE.

I'm a big Taliese Fuaga fan. He is so much fun to watch he explodes out of his stance and hits people with powerful hands. He moves people effortlessly with great core strength. He gets to the second level so fast and at that size and power is scary what he does to DBs in space.

https://youtu.be/WspmwRol3Po?si=0PQF3AKxsUfFam03

He gets a good amount of reps against UCLA Edge #15 Laiatu Latu. Fuaga gives up one pressure to Latu. He misses a couple blocks in space and backside cut off. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 12:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Sorry posted the wrong board that was his pre-season rankings. Kingsley Suamataia and McKinnley Jackson didn't make the mid-season top 50. Jer'Zhan Newton was #21 and Keon Coleman is #8.

Ah, gotcha. I was surprised how low Coleman was on that list haha. #8 makes a lot more sense.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2023, 06:40 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm a big Taliese Fuaga fan. He is so much fun to watch he explodes out of his stance and hits people with powerful hands. He moves people effortlessly with great core strength. He gets to the second level so fast and at that size and power is scary what he does to DBs in space.

https://youtu.be/WspmwRol3Po?si=0PQF3AKxsUfFam03

He gets a good amount of reps against UCLA Edge #15 Laiatu Latu. Fuaga gives up one pressure to Latu. He misses a couple blocks in space and backside cut off. 

Also really like Fuaga, have seen him multiple times and he stood out in a great way with his explosion, power and hands.
Reply/Quote