Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Brunskill C/T
Here is a cheap option to help with depth. that last 2 years he had a 63 and 72 PFF and only made 675k last year.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/daniel-brunskill/34807?season=2020
Reply/Quote
Seems a little light, at 260
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 08:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems a little light, at 260

6'5 300

https://www.nfl.com/players/daniel-brunskill/
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 07:57 PM)pulses Wrote: 6'5 300

https://www.nfl.com/players/daniel-brunskill/

Ok, that makes much better sense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, that makes much better sense.

And for the price it would cost us would be nice and he'd be just as good as Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
Would rather get a proper upgrade by dumping a truckload of money on Corey Linsley's yard and having center be a strength for the next 4 years.

If we're going down a tier in FA, I would rather have David Andrews who still has a huge past ceiling, but was knocking off the rust in 2020 of missing all 2019 with a non-football illness. That'd be a higher potential reward with roughly the same floor.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 11:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would rather get a proper upgrade by dumping a truckload of money on Corey Linsley's yard and having center be a strength for the next 4 years.

If we're going down a tier in FA, I would rather have David Andrews who still has a huge past ceiling, but was knocking off the rust in 2020 of missing all 2019 with a non-football illness. That'd be a higher potential reward with roughly the same floor.

Problem is David Andrews isn't gonna sign for 1 or 2 million dollars. Brunskill was more for depth than starting anyways. But he can start in a pinch easily.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 05:18 PM)pulses Wrote: Problem is David Andrews isn't gonna sign for 1 or 2 million dollars. Brunskill was more for depth than starting anyways. But he can start in a pinch easily.

Looked it up and Brunskill isn't even really a free agent. He's an exclusive rights free agent. Only way he hits FA is if the 49ers don't tender him a contract at all. Even if that's the case, he's not going to sign for 1 or 2 million dollars either if he hits unrestricted free agency. Starter/high tier backup level players make more than that. Look at XSF, 2 years older, was a backup rather than a 16 game starter, and still got $2.3m and he hasn't been rated as well as Brunskill in years.

Bengals have enough guys who can "start in a pinch". They need to stop wasting money on getting loads of those guys. They need to instead invest heavily on guys who can start and make a difference as a starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 05:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Looked it up and Brunskill isn't even really a free agent. He's an exclusive rights free agent. Only way he hits FA is if the 49ers don't tender him a contract at all. Even if that's the case, he's not going to sign for 1 or 2 million dollars either if he hits unrestricted free agency. Starter/high tier backup level players make more than that. Look at XSF, 2 years older, was a backup rather than a 16 game starter, and still got $2.3m and he hasn't been rated as well as Brunskill in years.

Bengals have enough guys who can "start in a pinch". They need to stop wasting money on getting loads of those guys. They need to instead invest heavily on guys who can start and make a difference as a starter.

I agree but I think Brunskill is better than most of what we have now. Price and or Jordan should be cut IMO.
Reply/Quote
I would rather go after Ethan Pocic(Seahawks) as the C/G type, shouldn't command a lot of money and would be a nice swing guy. I agree Michael Jordan needs to be cut!!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2021, 02:52 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would rather go after Ethan Pocic(Seahawks) as the C/G type, shouldn't command a lot of money and would be a nice swing guy. I agree Michael Jordan needs to be cut!!

ethan pocic's pff has been horrendous the last 2 years not near as good as Brunskill you might wanna give a look!
Reply/Quote