Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Faalele
With the Bengals probably looking at offensive lineman in next years draft, I mention one of the more intriguing players, size wise, who has been available in awhile. Faalele is listed at 6'8, 380 lbs. He's been as high as 400 lbs, and some sites even list him at 6'9. His arm length is projected to measure on the high end. He is a RT with limited experience. He sat out last year due to COVID. Right now, the site I follow has him at 109 overall. He has some technical flaws...sometimes not getting low enough, and he's not fleet of foot. He might even be a better pass protector than run manufacturer right now, but his measurements are quite overwhelming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: With the Bengals probably looking at offensive lineman in next years draft, I mention one of the more intriguing players, size wise, who has been available in awhile.  Faalele is listed at 6'8, 380 lbs.  He's been as high as 400 lbs, and some sites even list him at 6'9.  His arm length is projected to measure on the high end.  He is a RT with limited experience.  He sat out last year due to COVID.  Right now, the site I follow has him at 109 overall.  He has some technical flaws...sometimes not getting low enough, and he's not fleet of foot.  He might even be a better pass protector than run manufacturer right now, but his measurements are quite overwhelming.

It's worth noting that Faalele is from Australia, so his exposure to American football is more limited compared to other college players.
He's continuing to grow as he gets more experience, and he's athletic for his size, so there's a lot of potential there.
What'd be best for Faalele is grooming behind a vet RT for a couple years while he continues to develop.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: With the Bengals probably looking at offensive lineman in next years draft, I mention one of the more intriguing players, size wise, who has been available in awhile.  Faalele is listed at 6'8, 380 lbs.  He's been as high as 400 lbs, and some sites even list him at 6'9.  His arm length is projected to measure on the high end.  He is a RT with limited experience.  He sat out last year due to COVID.  Right now, the site I follow has him at 109 overall.  He has some technical flaws...sometimes not getting low enough, and he's not fleet of foot.  He might even be a better pass protector than run manufacturer right now, but his measurements are quite overwhelming.

He is an interesting guy. I personally have injury concerns and this isn't from his history, just from an expectation of a man that big playing a sport like football. He has been injury free, though, so there is that. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: With the Bengals probably looking at offensive lineman in next years draft, I mention one of the more intriguing players, size wise, who has been available in awhile. Faalele is listed at 6'8, 380 lbs. He's been as high as 400 lbs, and some sites even list him at 6'9. His arm length is projected to measure on the high end. He is a RT with limited experience. He sat out last year due to COVID. Right now, the site I follow has him at 109 overall. He has some technical flaws...sometimes not getting low enough, and he's not fleet of foot. He might even be a better pass protector than run manufacturer right now, but his measurements are quite overwhelming.

Yes please. Daniel Faalele isn’t just big. He played for Minnesota on an outstanding offensive line.
Reply/Quote