Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daniel Jeremiah - Building an OL from a DL coach perspective
(04-15-2021, 02:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: A little confused as to your point. I agree that a guy like Sewell or Slater (especially Slater) could move to guard for a year, but I am not sure why you would want to do that.  If you draft one of those that early in the draft, you think he is elite and he should be playing tackle.  On this team, you move Reiff to RG, and put either one of them at RT.  You leave Jonah right where he is.  Last year was essentially his rookie season.  He needs to show better durability, but I think he played extremely well given the limited reps in camp, COVID, Turner, and losing his entire rookie season to injury.

That being said, I am still firmly in the camp of team Chase.  I am not spending the #5 overall pick on a guy that I want to play RT.  

Even when Myles Garrett lines up opposite your RT sometimes?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You want a power gap player in an outside zone scheme?

As I stated before, he isn't a one-dimensional player and in short yardage a want a brute on that right side that can maul his guy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FWIW, the Bengals spent the 6th overall pick on a guy they wanted to play RT (Andre Smith).

Thanks for pointing out that I am not the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 06:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Even when Myles Garrett lines up opposite your RT sometimes?

And JJ Watt most of the time.  Yes, I am not spending the #5 pick on Sewell and playing him at RT when there are guys that have played more RT, and might be very good options with minimal drop off from Sewell.  That can't be said with Chase to 2nd round receivers.  Chase is a bully, and had the fastest short shuttle in any pro day.  He has short area quickness, great hands, tracks a ball amazingly well and has elite productions.  Oh, and he just turned 21, meaning he did a lot of that production when he was 19.  

Would I like Sewell to play tackle and still get Chase to play WR?  Yes.  Is that a realistic situation?  No.  You have to make up your mind and have a plan.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:07 PM)Burma Wrote: Brother, The Gut has all these covered.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1048]

Love Mienerz, but he is very raw.  I think a guy like Ben Cleveland would be outstanding in Rd 3 and take Spencer Brown as your developmental RT in the 2nd.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love Mienerz, but he is very raw.  I think a guy like Ben Cleveland would be outstanding in Rd 3 and take Spencer Brown as your developmental RT in the 2nd.  

Meinerz’s belly pic (lol) is pretty epic, but I think Cleveland has him beat with this one...

[Image: Screen_Shot_2021_01_27_at_4.15.20_PM.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks for pointing out that I am not the Bengals

I was just pointing out that the Bengals have been willing to spend right around the 5th pick for a RT, so I wouldn't put it past them to draft an OT at 5 that they plan to keep long-term at RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meinerz’s belly pic (lol) is pretty epic, but I think Cleveland has him beat with this one...

[img][/img]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:13 AM)Burma Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I’m down.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 10:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m down.

Ben Cleveland's babe is hot!Pervert
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meinerz’s belly pic (lol) is pretty epic, but I think Cleveland has him beat with this one...

I hope that's just an optical illusion. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope that's just an optical illusion. Nervous

Why Holic, just WHY???Say What

I wouldn't of seen it before you said it???!!!  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why Holic, just WHY???Say What

I wouldn't of seen it before you said it???!!!  Mellow

I'm still trying to UNSEE it!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm still trying to UNSEE it!  Hilarious

You just can't unsee some things... Mellow
Reply/Quote
I usually get bored by O line talk, but decided to pop in this thread anyway.

******' gross.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope that's just an optical illusion. :nervous:

(04-16-2021, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why Holic, just WHY???:saywhat:

I wouldn't of seen it before you said it???!!!  :mellow:

(04-16-2021, 04:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm still trying to UNSEE it!  :hilarious:

(04-16-2021, 04:58 PM)jason Wrote: I usually get bored by O line talk, but decided to pop in this thread anyway.

******' gross.

I had no idea what you guys were talking about, and it’s pretty clearly just his leg. Dude is so beastly he’s ripping through his trunks like the Hulk.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 09:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I was just pointing out that the Bengals have been willing to spend right around the 5th pick for a RT, so I wouldn't put it past them to draft an OT at 5 that they plan to keep long-term at RT.

I honestly believe when they drafted Andre Smith, it was to be the long term solution at LT.  
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had no idea what you guys were talking about, and it’s pretty clearly just his leg. Dude is so beastly he’s ripping through his trunks like the Hulk.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had no idea what you guys were talking about, and it’s pretty clearly just his leg. Dude is so beastly he’s ripping through his trunks like the Hulk.

Is this wrong? It feels wrong.. but also really appropriate.  Yeah, this feels good.

[Image: 31e1eeac2fbb13d8daff23d9bc799364.jpg]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I honestly believe when they drafted Andre Smith, it was to be the long term solution at LT.  

We knew going into that draft that Whitworth was sliding over from LG to LT.
You think they took Andre as insurance in case Whitworth couldn't hang at LT, with Andre being the RT in worst case scenario?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote