Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 1.0
Alot of surprises in this mock. Ahmad Gardner and Trent McDuffie are the top 2 Corners, Evan Neal goes #1OA, Trevor Penning OT2, and of course Tyler Linderbaum slides to the Bengals.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we were only so lucky.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of surprises in this mock. Ahmad Gardner and Trent McDuffie are the top 2 Corners, Evan Neal goes #1OA, Trevor Penning OT2, and of course Tyler Linderbaum slides to the Bengals.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs
Talking The Draft right before Bengals Play-Off Game ?????
Come On Man. 
How is the draft more important than Todays Bengals Play-Off Game and chance to go to AFC Championship Game ????
No Coaches or Players are thinking Draft Day as they get ready to play this Play-Off Game Today. 
Let the Last Place Teams talk Draft Day.  There are 24 Teams out of Play-Offs, Let them talk Draft Day. 
Bengals are 1 of 8 Teams left in Play-Offs.  Let us Talk Play-Offs, BENGALS ARE IN THE PLAY-OFFS. 
Save Mock Drafts for THE LOSERS.
GO BENGALS and WIN TODAY. 

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 03:11 PM)kevin Wrote: Talking The Draft right before Bengals Play-Off Game ?????
Come On Man. 
How is the draft more important than Todays Bengals Play-Off Game and chance to go to AFC Championship Game ????
No Coaches or Players are thinking Draft Day as they get ready to play this Play-Off Game Today. 
Let the Last Place Teams talk Draft Day.  There are 24 Teams out of Play-Offs, Let them talk Draft Day. 
Bengals are 1 of 8 Teams left in Play-Offs.  Let us Talk Play-Offs, BENGALS ARE IN THE PLAY-OFFS. 

Tiger

I started talking about the draft in September. Draft is a year around process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Charles Cross and Lindebaum are the two players that I think would benefit the team the most.

Penning will most likely fall in the draft but if you think he can be coached up then I think he might be worth a second round pick. His form is messed up - he takes bad angles and gets bad push with his arms. He has impressive size and has the look but his play says differently.

I also have been historically wrong about predicting offensive lineman - anything besides a sure thing requires actual coaching knowledge.

As an aside, what is the likelihood that Kayvon Thibodeaux drops into the second half of the first?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 03:21 PM)Synric Wrote: I started talking about the draft in September. Draft is a year around process.

There's a hole in the bucket. You are talking The Draft so Bengals can build to make a Play-Off Run.  But wait a second.  Bengals TODAY are in a Play-Off Game making a Play-Off Run.  This is why you draft, to be in the position Bengals are in TODAY...IN THE PLAY-OFFS....MAKING A PLAY-OFF RUN....No way are Mock Drafts more important than PLAY-OFF DAY. ...If so, there is a hole in the bucket. 

GO BENGALS to AFC CHAMPIONSHIP NOW.  WIN TODAY.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well, we are picking no higher than 29th now.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:00 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, we are picking no higher than 29th now.

I still can't believe that. If you would have told me that without a trade I wouldn't believe you at the start of the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 04:22 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I still can't believe that. If you would have told me that without a trade I wouldn't believe you at the start of the season.

Yes, it is completely a surreal feeling to realize we're a top 4 NFL team right now. Imagine all the mocks and ideas people have thought about the Bengals '22 draft. It's all out the door now since we're picking 29+.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 03:11 PM)kevin Wrote: Talking The Draft right before Bengals Play-Off Game ?????
Come On Man. 

Tiger

(01-22-2022, 04:00 PM)kevin Wrote: There's a hole in the bucket. You are talking The Draft so Bengals can build to make a Play-Off Run.  But wait a second.  Bengals TODAY are in a Play-Off Game making a Play-Off Run.  This is why you draft, to be in the position Bengals are in TODAY...IN THE PLAY-OFFS....MAKING A PLAY-OFF RUN....No way are Mock Drafts more important than PLAY-OFF DAY. ...If so, there is a hole in the bucket. 

Tiger Who Dey Tiger 

I monitor college and the draft all year long.

Stop it, Kevin.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
All this postseason success is ruining the Bengals draft position.  Ninja Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of surprises in this mock. Ahmad Gardner and Trent McDuffie are the top 2 Corners, Evan Neal goes #1OA, Trevor Penning OT2, and of course Tyler Linderbaum slides to the Bengals.

I'd be ecstatic if Bengals somehow landed Linderbaum.
Heck, I thought that was unrealistic once the Bengals were looking at picking in the 2nd half of the round, let alone 29th or later.

DJ had Gardner as his top CB in the draft, so not surprising he has him going in Top 10.

Another name I noticed - Faalele going right after Linderbaum at 30. DJ likes the athleticism that Faalele exhibits for his massive size.
Both Faalele and Penning are guys who have elite potential, so I can see the appeal to get them both in the 1st round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Come On Man. 

Tiger

Why are you looking at the Draft Board if you cant focus on the game and read draft posts?  What we post has zero impact on any game.

Didnt you suggest we get out of the 1st and draft a RB with our 1st pick?  I think with this post (i know its a few weeks old) and your RB take Im not sure the draft board is good for your sanity Kev...

I'm going to make a hand full posts on Sunday and tag you in all of them to add to your SB anxiety.   Tongue.   
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 04:00 PM)kevin Wrote: There's a hole in the bucket. You are talking The Draft so Bengals can build to make a Play-Off Run.  But wait a second.  Bengals TODAY are in a Play-Off Game making a Play-Off Run.  This is why you draft, to be in the position Bengals are in TODAY...IN THE PLAY-OFFS....MAKING A PLAY-OFF RUN....No way are Mock Drafts more important than PLAY-OFF DAY. ...If so, there is a hole in the bucket. 

Tiger Who Dey Tiger 

Sounds a bit like the lyrics of a John Redcorn song.  "There's a hole in the bucket, where the water should be" LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Tiger Who Dey Tiger 

Mock drafts are not the priority on Bengals game day, but what about the other 6 days of the week?
Gotta look into something, and talking about the same Bengals topics on Jungle Noise can get stale.
OL bad, Burrow great, Chase game changer, run game needs better, who is the better 3T between Hill and Ogunjobi. 
Same topics, different week.
Meanwhile, Jan/Feb is prime for draft topics. CFP, Senior/Shrine Bowl, Combine.
Also, it's nice to see how different people approach team improvement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If you are triggered by the mock draft posts on game day or any other day - simply do NOT click on the forum labeled "Draft Central"
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If you are triggered by the mock draft posts on game day or any other day - simply do NOT click on the forum labeled "Draft Central"

TRIGGERED!!!
Reply/Quote
McShay has the Bengals taking, Bernhard Raimann, I don't know anything about him, is he better than the kid from Iowa?
Reply/Quote
Is Linderbaum plug-&-play like Burrow?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 07:48 PM)sloSTI Wrote: McShay has the Bengals taking, Bernhard Raimann, I don't know anything about him, is he better than the kid from Iowa?

I read a great quote about Raimann.  He didn't start playing football until 14 as he is originally from Austria.   The coaches said that he has a great memory and when you teach him something, he gets it right away.  He started as a TE @ CMU, so his upside is tremendous as he is an inexperienced OT, that will only get better with more experience and coaching, and is someone who can start right away. 

Linderbaum is better, but he is also a Center.  This Raimann kid is a OT and appears to be a pretty solid prospect himself.  I would be happy if the Bengals got him in the 1st round.   Linderbaum most likely will be gone by the time the Bengals pick, and honestly I hope the Bengals sign a Center in free agency anyway.  

Here is the quote "He said this kid picks up everything you put in front of him. You tell him you need to know X, Y and Z and tomorrow he has it nailed. One of the smarter offensive tackles in attendance [at the Senior Bowl] and has the athleticism and power to hold his own.""
Reply/Quote