Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah Top 50 prospects (2.0)
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2022-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-2-0
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I hope we just take care of the OL in Free Agency so we can go BPA at 31.

There are quite a few Defensive players that are intriguing to me in Boye Mafe, Andrew Booth, Travis Jones,
Devonte Wyatt and Jalen Pitre. One of these guys should be around. Also really like Tyler Smith, Zion Johnson
if we got a Guard in the first. Raimann is an OT specifically, just seems really raw only playing a year.

We would still need vets in front of these OL if we take one of them IMO.

Linderbaum, Cross and Penning will most likely be way gone before we pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope we just take care of the OL in Free Agency so we can go BPA at 31.

There are quite a few Defensive players that are intriguing to me in Boye Mafe, Andrew Booth, Travis Jones,
Devonte Wyatt and Jalen Pitre. One of these guys should be around. Also really like Tyler Smith, Zion Johnson
if we got a Guard in the first. Raimann is an OT specifically, just seems really raw only playing a year.

I've gotten to the point where I've decided that I'm done posting my own mocks or reading other mocks until after the first 1-2 weeks of FA are through.
I just can't take more debating about this FA vs that FA when in reality both would probably be upgrades, we just may not be able to add both (without cutting/releasing). Every mock is focused on what is/isn't done in FA and nearly no talk about the draft picks themselves. And you can't just ignore/mask the FA plans, because people still ask or make assumptions.

Once we see how the team addresses holes in the first couple weeks of FA, we might be able to better discuss players to draft.
It's just too exhausting right now with so much uncertainty with FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As for DJ's Top 50 prospects, so many of the prospects I like are in that 35-50 range lol.
My guy Daxton Hill is 19th on DJ's list though.
Guys I'm pimpin at 31:
Trevor Penning
Daxton Hill (only if Bates leaves)
Zion Johnson
DeMarvin Leal
Kaiir Elam
Roger McCreary
Kyler Gordon
Trent McDuffie

There are other guys I'd definitely take too if they fell far enough, but I'm not counting on that, so I'm not mentioning them.

I'm seeing more talk of Tyler Smith as a potential 1st rounder, and that makes me nervous as hell.
Just sounds like too much of a risk/project.
Has great tools, just needs work to put it together.
I don't mind that risk, but not in the 1st round.

I'm also nervous about Bernhard Raimann.
His lack of experience makes me think he'll need a year or two to develop.
With Bengals now in their window, they need guys to contribute now.

Last, I know a lot of people are high on Devonte Wyatt, and I understand why.
But DJ appropriately calls out that his stats don't jump off the page.
DJ believes it was more of the result of the talent around him, but that's still concerning to me.
A 1st round DT who should be strong rushing the passer I would think would get more production than he did.
I point that out because it's possible we could see something similar if he became a Bengal.
If he didn't have a lot of statistical production, it could result in fans getting frustrated with him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
23, 24, 30, 37 all OTs

I still think that the way that FA market this year looks right now the Bengals best option is to sign all three IOL in FA and then draft a RT at 31.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope we just take care of the OL in Free Agency so we can go BPA at 31.

Absolutely.  I guess my dream scenario would be they get the OT in FA, draft Lindenbaum (he COULD still be there), and get BPA centered around DE, DT, G, WR, and CB.

Given the huge benefit to having the 5th year option of a first round pick, I could see a scenario where someone wants to jump back in to the first round and offers a pretty good package for the Bengals pick.  If Lindenbaum or a top CB isn't there, I could see that being the play.  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 12:17 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 23, 24, 30, 37 all OTs

I still think that the way that FA market this year looks right now the Bengals best option is to sign all three IOL in FA and then draft a RT at 31.

Three of those four are small school prospects.  I wouldn't have an issue taking them, but they will likely need additional development time.  We would probably need a vet stopgap like Reiff if we went that route.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've gotten to the point where I've decided that I'm done posting my own mocks or reading other mocks until after the first 1-2 weeks of FA are through.
I just can't take more debating about this FA vs that FA when in reality both would probably be upgrades, we just may not be able to add both (without cutting/releasing). Every mock is focused on what is/isn't done in FA and nearly no talk about the draft picks themselves. And you can't just ignore/mask the FA plans, because people still ask or make assumptions.

Once we see how the team addresses holes in the first couple weeks of FA, we might be able to better discuss players to draft.
It's just too exhausting right now with so much uncertainty with FA.

Yes, I am not even going to make a Mock until after FA is over.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely.  I guess my dream scenario would be they get the OT in FA, draft Lindenbaum (he COULD still be there), and get BPA centered around DE, DT, G, WR, and CB.

Given the huge benefit to having the 5th year option of a first round pick, I could see a scenario where someone wants to jump back in to the first round and offers a pretty good package for the Bengals pick.  If Lindenbaum or a top CB isn't there, I could see that being the play.  

Would love for Linderbaum to fall to us, yah never know, could happen. The Draft is alway crazy, never thought Tee Higgins 
would of fell to us at 33 either. A Free Agency of Morgan Moses/Trent Brown at RT along with Laken Tomlinson would be great
while getting Linderbaum at 31? Count me in. If he doesn't fall to us I am all for trading back and getting a top CB, or a Guard
like Jamaree Salyer from Georgia, nasty Glass Eater like Pollack wants.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely.  I guess my dream scenario would be they get the OT in FA, draft Lindenbaum (he COULD still be there), and get BPA centered around DE, DT, G, WR, and CB.

So you're saying Linderbaum at 31 and then a BPA of one of those other positions at 63?
If it's OG at 63, are you expecting that player to compete with Carman, Adeniji, and Smith for starting reps?
Or are you also bringing in veterans for OG spots too so that if an OG is taken, Bengals aren't relying on him to start?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

That’s about where I’m at. My dream scenario is they sign Bozeman or Jensen, a guard like Daniels and a tackle like Moses. Use carman or Spain as the other starter and the loser is top backup. That allows drafting cb or idl if we can’t/don’t keep Hill and ogunjobi. I’m not even sure we’d have the money for all that.

I can also see signing a center and tack and drafting a guard like Zion Johnson. I hate the thought of hoping 1 guy in particular falls to us, linderbaum in this scenario. That rarely seems to work in our favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

If a QB drops to us we will hopefully listen to offers.  A QB will be vastly more expensive than the regular value chart and we could really benefit big time.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 04:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you're saying Linderbaum at 31 and then a BPA of one of those other positions at 63?
If it's OG at 63, are you expecting that player to compete with Carman, Adeniji, and Smith for starting reps?
Or are you also bringing in veterans for OG spots too so that if an OG is taken, Bengals aren't relying on him to start?

Unfortunately I think the noise of the Ravens grabbing Linderbaum is too strong.  Bengals would need to make a rare trade up... Unlikely.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 04:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That’s about where I’m at.  My dream scenario is they sign Bozeman or Jensen, a guard like Daniels and a tackle like Moses.  Use carman or Spain as the other starter and the loser is top backup.  That allows drafting cb or idl if we can’t/don’t keep Hill and ogunjobi.  I’m not even sure we’d have the money for all that.

I can also see signing a center and tack and drafting a guard like Zion Johnson.  I hate the thought of hoping 1 guy in particular falls to us, linderbaum in this scenario.  That rarely seems to work in our favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, it is highly unlikely Linderbaum falls to us. I am not counting on it. Get our Center in FA along with a RT.

I really like the Guards that should be available at 31 unlike the RT's like Raimann or Faalale who are raw talent.

Would need a stud vet for either Raimann or Faalale to learn behind anyways. They are not immediate starters unlike I think 
some of the early Guards could be. A lot easier to start as a rookie at Guard than at OT especially if you are a pure Guard.
Reply/Quote
Raimann seems like the OT version of margus hunt to me. He'll put up great combine numbers I bet but still just needs too much development.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:54 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Raimann seems like the OT version of margus hunt to me. He'll put up great combine numbers I bet but still just needs too much development.

Just doesn't have the length with those shorter arms. Great athlete though and a developmental project.

We would still need a vet in front of him and Prince isn't it and Reiff sounds like might be retiring. I think RT has become the most
essential FA that we need even though RG was our biggest weakness this year. I like the Guards coming out better than the OT's
after the first 2 or 3. Raimann is raw and played against lower competition than some of the top Tackles.

On the other hand I like at least 3 or 4 of the Guards that should be available at 31 and if Linderbaum falls it is a no brainer at C.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just doesn't have the length with those shorter arms. Great athlete though and a developmental project.

We would still need a vet in front of him and Prince isn't it and Reiff sounds like might be retiring. I think RT has become the most
essential FA that we need even though RG was our biggest weakness this year. I like the Guards coming out better than the OT's
after the first 2 or 3. Raimann is raw and played against lower competition than some of the top Tackles.

On the other hand I like at least 3 or 4 of the Guards that should be available at 31 and if Linderbaum falls it is a no brainer at C.
I don't watch CFB so the whole lower end competition thing would put me off of him even more. I like the FA IOL class more but I do agree we need a RT. If we can get 1 RT and 1 G that could possibly do it? Drafted Carman in the 2nd for a reason he really needs to show something in year 2. 

Going to be a very interesting offseason with more eyes than usual on the Bengals this year. Very excited and nervous to see what happens. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 04:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you're saying Linderbaum at 31 and then a BPA of one of those other positions at 63?

You are forgetting that you could move Hopkins back to RG.  If I can get Lindenbaum in the draft, and sign a FA OT to play RT, I would rather use the rest of the FA dollars on Bates and a few others to re-sign. 

The guys you mention would be quality depth to develop.  I was glad to see the Bengals hired an additional offensive line coach to help the guys develop behind the starters.  
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 09:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are forgetting that you could move Hopkins back to RG.  If I can get Lindenbaum in the draft, and sign a FA OT to play RT, I would rather use the rest of the FA dollars on Bates and a few others to re-sign. 

The guys you mention would be quality depth to develop.  I was glad to see the Bengals hired an additional offensive line coach to help the guys develop behind the starters.  

You definitely could potentially move Carman to OG.
I think he could succeed there, at least serviceable.
I think LG is specifically a better fit for him.

Maybe they take the approach of Hopkins being the C and Carman, Adeniji, or Smith covers OG heading into the draft.
Then, depending on how the draft falls, Hopkins may be able to be moved.
The one thing I don't potentially like about that strategy though is relying on a rookie to start and do well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see the WR and TE groups today.

The WR group doesnt look as deep this year compared to the last 2 but the Bengals really do need to add some depth at that position. As for TE CJ Uzomah is a free agent and Drew Sample hasn't shown much going into his final year so the Bengals should really be looking to add a guy this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote