Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah breaks down his Top 50.
DJ does quick write ups for everyone of his top 50 prospects.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

His #2 is Ja'Marr Chase and #3 Kyle Pitts...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:51 PM)Synric Wrote: DJ does quick write ups for everyone of his top 50 prospects.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-1-0

His #2 is Ja'Marr Chase and #3 Kyle Pitts...

I think Pitts is really going to open up some eyes if he runs a good 40 time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Pitts is really going to open up some eyes if he runs a good 40 time.

There really isn't much to open.  As a player he is one of the best receiving TE we've seen in quite some time.  The issue with TE is always the positional value.  
Reply/Quote
I agree with DJ on Slater, Farley, Sewell, and definitely Pitts.

It’s crazy how much we rave about Sewell, but he needs some work and refinement, I’ve said that the whole time.

I’m sure Slater being ahead of Sewell will make some people upset, but him being the best technician in the class beats raw athleticism here.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Pitts is really going to open up some eyes if he runs a good 40 time.

I don't think he is going to run some outrages sub 4.5 40 time it will likely be closer to a low 4.6 but it's his 10 yard split shuttles and 3cone could be huge for Pitts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:29 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I agree with DJ on Slater, Farley, Sewell, and definitely Pitts.

It’s crazy how much we rave about Sewell, but he needs some work and refinement, I’ve said that the whole time.

I’m sure Slater being ahead of Sewell will make some people upset, but him being the best technician in the class beats raw athleticism here.

The thing with Sewell is he's not perfect coming out of the gate, but he has All-Pro potential.
More potential than Slater, Darrisaw, and the others.
But Slater is probably the most ready and refined OL in the draft.
He might be the better OT as a rookie.

If you trust Pollack to develop OL, then you want Sewell. If you don't trust him to do that, might wanna take Slater.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:43 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't think he is going to run some outrages sub 4.5 40 time it will likely be closer to a low 4.6 but it's his 10 yard split shuttles and 3cone could be huge for Pitts.

I've mentioned in another thread that some think he could run sub-4.5.
Darren Waller ran a 4.46 at 238 lbs, which is basically the same size Pitts is. There have been a lot of comparisons to Waller, so hopefully the speed is comparable too.
OJ Howard ran a 4.51 at the Combine in 2017 at 251 lbs.
While Howard had elite measurables, he didn't have elite production in college, and that caused some worry and ultimately he dropped in the 1st round. I wanted him at 9 though.

So I think if Pitts can get sub 4.55, that will really help him.
If it's slower, I think he could be in that 10-15 range.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:29 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I agree with DJ on Slater, Farley, Sewell, and definitely Pitts.

Yes, because of his age and inexperience. He ceiling is light years above the other guys though, that and his raw athletic ability is where the raves come from. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've mentioned in another thread that some think he could run sub-4.5.
Darren Waller ran a 4.46 at 238 lbs, which is basically the same size Pitts is. There have been a lot of comparisons to Waller, so hopefully the speed is comparable too.
OJ Howard ran a 4.51 at the Combine in 2017 at 251 lbs.
While Howard had elite measurables, he didn't have elite production in college, and that caused some worry and ultimately he dropped in the 1st round. I wanted him at 9 though.

So I think if Pitts can get sub 4.55, that will really help him.
If it's slower, I think he could be in that 10-15 range.

It's his 10 yard split, shuttles, and 3cone that will matter. 

The 10 yard split and shuttles will measure how fast he gets to that 4.5 to 4.6 speed. And the 3cone will measure his body control and flexibility. 40 yard dash times are really overrated look at Josh Malone he had that 4.40 but he didnt get that speed out of the gate and that is what's most important.

On tape he gets to tops speed fast and comes off the LoS and eats cushion. He also is explosive with the ball in his hands. He has great short area quickness. He does remind me of Darren Waller.

Reply/Quote
I've felt all along Pitts is top five. He has the length and hands but his feet set him apart. Might be the best athlete I've ever seen at TE.
Reply/Quote

The sense I get is it is all about the potential.  Sewell is younger (breakout age) & has better size overall size.  Even being raw and young, he still graded as the best OL ever at PFF (for what that's worth).  He has the size, the age, and the production.  People have also used the phrase "once in a generation tackle".

I am not a professional scout so it will be interesting to see the reports over the next few months.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: It's his 10 yard split, shuttles, and 3cone that will matter. 

The 10 yard split and shuttles will measure how fast he gets to that 4.5 to 4.6 speed. And the 3cone will measure his body control and flexibility. 40 yard dash times are really overrated look at Josh Malone he had that 4.40 but he didnt get that speed out of the gate and that is what's most important.

On tape he gets to tops speed fast and comes off the LoS and eats cushion. He also is explosive with the ball in his hands. He has great short area quickness. He does remind me of Darren Waller.

Absolutely, but 40 time will also be useful to know his long speed, which will be helpful when potentially getting YAC and running deeper routes. Guys like Waller and Howard have that long speed whereas most TEs don't.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Basham not in the top 50 is interesting
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:36 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: The sense I get is it is all about the potential.  Sewell is younger (breakout age) & has better size overall size.  Even being raw and young, he still graded as the best OL ever at PFF (for what that's worth).  He has the size, the age, and the production.  People have also used the phrase "once in a generation tackle".

I am not a professional scout so it will be interesting to see the reports over the next few months.

Greg Robinson is the last OT I've heard as much "dominate but raw" talk about before Sewell. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 05:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There really isn't much to open.  As a player he is one of the best receiving TE we've seen in quite some time.  The issue with TE is always the positional value.  

After what Gronk and Kelce have done in the NFL that should be a very outdated concern.

Reply/Quote

Ofc he does. He was 19...

But like Jeremiah said, he has the highest upside. AINEC (imo).

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Greg Robinson is the last OT I've heard as much "dominate but raw" talk about before Sewell. 

Robinson was a big powerful mauler in the run game but was consistently weak in adjusting to speed on the outside. It was pointed out by multiple people prior to the draft and it is easily seen in game tape from Auburn. 

What you see here in the video is exactly what he did at Auburn.
https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/16/16040560/greg-robinson-los-angeles-rams-detroit-lions-offensive-line-busts-dc63ea1482f6

People raving about him have only themselves to blame when there was ample game film to show his weakness. In his defense, he wasn't asked to do the things Sewell and guys today have to do; block on an island against big, strong, fast guys. Auburn wasn't a big 'drop back and pass 30 times a game' team.

Sewell doesn't have those same issues, so there's really no comparison to the potential for bustability. On top of that, Robinson was 22 when he was drafted. Sewell will be 20. Two full years of maturity and development ahead. Being 2 years behind, he's still a better prospect than Robinson was at 22. 

Robinson's lack of ability was what caused him to bust. If Sewell does, it won't be because of that, it would be more laziness from a failure to continue to develop his obvious all-around skills. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Agreed about Sewell. But people are quick to create emotional attachments to the first thing they're told to believe, and they have a hard time letting go. Try having a conversation with someone about Waddle as a legit consideration for us at #5. Because he hasn't gotten the hype of Smith and Chase, he's barely even part of the discussion on our boards here. I'm not saying he's our guy, but he's worth considering if Smith is. Waddle was ahead of Smith on Bama's depth chart at the start of the season.  

I don't even really have "a guy" yet. Not going to get too hooked on anyone until after FA is over and I can better ascertain our needs. Too many "ifs" right now to get too caught up in things. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I like DJ's first list less this year than I have any other year.

One of the guys he's giving love to that others aren't is Aaron Robinson. And I do really like the way he plays. Was listed at 6'1 but measured in at 5'11. He's a physical slot CB but the major question I have is his athleticism. Guy has good instincts, can jam and looks like a good tackler.

Is he athletic enough? Both quickness wise and pure speed. I'm not really seeing it but he looks like a very sound player.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 02:16 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Agreed about Sewell. But people are quick to create emotional attachments to the first thing they're told to believe, and they have a hard time letting go. Try having a conversation with someone about Waddle as a legit consideration for us at #5. Because he hasn't gotten the hype of Smith and Chase, he's barely even part of the discussion on our boards here. I'm not saying he's our guy, but he's worth considering if Smith is. Waddle was ahead of Smith on Bama's depth chart at the start of the season.  

I don't even really have "a guy" yet. Not going to get too hooked on anyone until after FA is over and I can better ascertain our needs. Too many "ifs" right now to get too caught up in things. 

I’m not saying there isn’t reason to be super excited about Sewell because he was clearly dominant in 2 years of college, and at 20 he has a lot of room to grow, and there’s potential to be a Orlando Pace kind if player.

I have a bunch of players I like in this draft, but at pick 5 you really need to keep an open mind. Pitts, Chase and Sewell are my personal top players, but Farley, Slater are really good picks here too IMO.

Pitts gets people upset because if positional value, but he has the kind of elite talent that an offense will want to adapt into the gameplan. He is worth the 5 overall pick because, if healthy and the HC will adapt, he has a chance to re imagine the tight end position.
Reply/Quote