Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniel Jeremiah's top 50
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Barkley #1.   I've heard people say he isn't even the best back in the draft.

Nelson #2.  A G the second best player in the draft?

Tremaine Edmunds third.  He's that good?

He has Williams as the top OT.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You know....kind of off topic, but not really. If the Bengals draft a RB this year, I really want them to draft Nick Chubb.  Just because I really want a big Chubb for the Bengals next year.  :)   And that's a funny jersey to add to the collection. 

In all seriousness though......if we do take a late round flyer on a RB, we should look at an Iowa Hawkeye, Akrum Wadley.  He might be a little small, but he's got some really thick thighs that jukes and moves very similar to a certain ex-Lions RB from the 80's and 90's.   Out of the handful of Hawkeyes getting drafted this year, Wadley and James Daniels are the two I'm most interested in seeing in stripes next year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Couple of observations
1.) Would be shocked if Mayfield is drafted before 25th. If the Bengals we're to draft a QB he would be the guy but I think he needs to have a lot of guys around him to be great. Also think he has enough knocks on him we're he could go maybe early third. Draft Twitter really loves him/ has a bias against anyone not named him or Lamar Jackson but they are not GMs and they really dont think like GMs either.
2.) The Tackle from Notre Dame falling makes me excited. Would love to trade down in the first,get extra picks,and draft him this year.
3.) Drafting Davenport in the first is a good way to get a pink slip if you are an NFL GM.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 06:03 PM)McC Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Barkley #1.   I've heard people say he isn't even the best back in the draft.

Nelson #2.  A G the second best player in the draft?

Tremaine Edmunds third.  He's that good?

He has Williams as the top OT.
Anyone that says Barkley isn't the best rb in the draft just doesn't know football. Point blank. Nelson too high. And Edmunds is probably a couple spots too high but yes he is that good. Mccshay had him at 7th best prospect which I feel is accurate.
(01-25-2018, 06:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Couple of observations
1.) Would be shocked if Mayfield is drafted before 25th. If the Bengals we're to draft a QB he would be the guy but I think he needs to have a lot of guys around him to be great. Also think he has enough knocks on him we're he could go maybe early third. Draft Twitter really loves him/ has a bias against anyone not named him or Lamar Jackson but they are not GMs and they really dont think like GMs either.
2.) The Tackle from Notre Dame falling makes me excited. Would love to trade down in the first,get extra picks,and draft him this year.
3.) Drafting Davenport in the first is a good way to get a pink slip if you are an NFL GM.

Davenport is awesome. Will be a top 10 pick when all is said and done. He's slightly less than Chubb.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Anyone that says Barkley isn't the best rb in the draft just doesn't know football. Point blank. Nelson too high. And Edmunds is probably a couple spots too high but yes he is that good. Mccshay had him at 7th best prospect which I feel is accurate.

Davenport is awesome. Will be a top 10 pick when all is said and done. He's slightly less than Chubb.

Disagree saw some of his film while he is a physical specimen the guy is very raw. Maybe someone can work on him but it's going to take sometime.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 09:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Disagree saw some of his film while he is a physical specimen the guy is very raw. Maybe someone can work on him but it's going to take sometime.

Oh for sure he's a project no doubt. Hes not margus hunt type of project though But he has the highest upside of all the pass rushers imo. Say we didn't have any oline problems. I'd be fine taking him and him learning for a year behind Dunlap. That's what he needs. A year to learn behind a elite pass rusher. So a team without many holes needs to take him and groom him. Bc his upside is top 5 de. But in no way was I saying he was a finished product.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Anyone that says Barkley isn't the best rb in the draft just doesn't know football. Point blank. Nelson too high. And Edmunds is probably a couple spots too high but yes he is that good. Mccshay had him at 7th best prospect which I feel is accurate.

(12-25-2017, 11:25 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not even gonna get into the whole Nelson ain't the best guard.... But I'd take Malik jefferson in the 2nd over Edmunds.

Yeah, but if Edmunds slipped into the 2nd round, you would take Malik Jefferson over the #7 overall prospect.
Reply/Quote
Davenport will not make top 10 dunno what you guys are smoking. Anyone arguing that Nelson isn't a top 10 pick is braindead. Glad to finally see Vita getting listed as a top 10 guy. Im not as high on fitzpatrick as most of these pundits.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Davenport is losing steam this week and is dropping out of the top ten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 10:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: Davenport will not make top 10 dunno what you guys are smoking.  Anyone arguing that Nelson isn't a top 10 pick is braindead.  Glad to finally see Vita getting listed as a top 10 guy.  Im not as high on fitzpatrick as most of these pundits.

(01-25-2018, 10:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Davenport is losing steam this week and is dropping out of the top ten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this. He looks like everything you want in a Edge player but without the experience and production.

The situation reminds me of that DE that slid to the Cowboys in the 2nd a few years back...without the off field issues.

Edit: Randy Gregory
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 10:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, but if Edmunds slipped into the 2nd round, you would take Malik Jefferson over the #7 overall prospect.
Before tape watching.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Before tape watching.

But you watch every game tape of every prospect and you wrote that less than a month ago after all the games were played.

And if you didn't watch the tape, why are you telling others one player is better than other if you haven't watched the tape?
Reply/Quote
Would like to see us get DT Vita Vea and then OT Martinas Rankin

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:07 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would like to see us get DT Vita Vea and then OT Martinas Rankin

I wouldn't be to upset with that. I have only seen Rankin once and that was against Alabama. He and the LG, whose name I don't remember, were just destroying the Bama D-line. 
I probably wouldn't be all that excited Vea, just because I personally don't view DT as a glaring weakness at the moment. 
Reply/Quote
Ok so I have to say this.  Anyone who puts Davenport in the top 50 has no idea what their talking about.  Davenport is one of the worst prospects I have ever seen.

This Edmunds hype is also a reach for me.  The guy is a physical freak, but he's not a great tackler and I wouldn't put him in the top 10.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Williams scares the hell out of me.

He just screams Ogbuehi part II.

Pros: Athletic, well built frame. Excellent foot quickness to meet speed rushers. Good at blocking on the second level.
Cons: Lacks hand technique. Could stand to add some strength to hold up against bull rushers. Played like crap his last year in college but has "potential" to be a franchise Left Tackle. Coming off of an injury.

He may as well be a carbon copy of Og.

And yes, I know that just because one player with a certain profile doesn't work out doesn't mean that every similar player is doomed to be bad. But man...it's just like...it's too soon...We need maulers. I don't want to get caught by this athletic tackle nonsense again.

Call me once bitten, twice shy.
Reply/Quote
Edmonds is already pretty good, needs more polishing and he could easily be one of the best MLB in the NFL.
The Draft is speculative anyways. Every year there is guys that should not have been drafted in round 1 and guys that should have been drafted much higher. We won't know where he falls until a couple years from now.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 06:38 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You know....kind of off topic, but not really. If the Bengals draft a RB this year, I really want them to draft Nick Chubb.  Just because I really want a big Chubb for the Bengals next year.  :)   And that's a funny jersey to add to the collection. 

In all seriousness though......if we do take a late round flyer on a RB, we should look at an Iowa Hawkeye, Akrum Wadley.  He might be a little small, but he's got some really thick thighs that jukes and moves very similar to a certain ex-Lions RB from the 80's and 90's.   Out of the handful of Hawkeyes getting drafted this year, Wadley and James Daniels are the two I'm most interested in seeing in stripes next year.

He would have worked better about 12 years ago. 

Then the shirts would have read 

Bengals have 3 Johnson's, a Chubb, and a Big Willie. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 08:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He would have worked better about 12 years ago. 

Then the shirts would have read 

Bengals have 3 Johnson's, a Chubb, and a Big Willie. 

Ha ha/groan/ha ha/groan...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:28 PM)McC Wrote: Ha ha/groan/ha ha/groan...

Never owned one of those shirts. Did see many walking around the stadium when we had Big Willie, Chad, Rudy, and Jeremi Johnson though. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote