Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels out too
Mike Daniels, Geno Atkins, and Logan Wilson all out on Sunday. MacKensie Alexender is doubtful. Look for Markus Baily to be active for the first time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Was hoping Geno would be a go this week.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
*Adds Robinson to DFS lineups*
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 02:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Was hoping Geno would be a go this week.

The media guys seem to think he is making progress unlike AJ last season 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not a good look not stashing Geno on the IR to start the season.

Had he been back this week, you could easier explain it being that they were hopeful he'd back week 3, but they gave him an extra week. But now it's getting to the point where you have to wonder if they misplayed the situation.

If it weren't for their history in doing this, I'd be quicker to give them the benefit of the doubt. But this is happened a few times. And the fact AJ didn't land on IR last season until the final week was pure insanity.

I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong, and that's ok. But I feel like I've seen this movie before. This doesn't appear to be a fluke, but more a trend of miscalculation.
Reply/Quote
AJ and Geno are absolutely killing this team this year. What we could have done with their cap space savings could have went to a completely rebuilt OL.

I know a lot of us were wanting to move on from some of these older guys last season, and wanted to invest in an overhaul. I know a lot of others thought that was insane. (Why get rid of two of your best players?)

I'm not at all trying to gloat, but if we could go back in time, is anybody still thinking they're glad to have these two around?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: AJ and Geno are absolutely killing this team this year.  What we could have done with their cap space savings could have went to a completely rebuilt OL.

I know a lot of us were wanting to move on from some of these older guys last season, and wanted to invest in an overhaul.  I know a lot of others thought that was insane. (Why get rid of two of your best players?)

I'm not at all trying to gloat, but if we could go back in time, is anybody still thinking they're glad to have these two around?

Yes, I am still glad that Atkins is here. No way to know he would get hurt unlike how it was relatively predictable that AJ wasn't working out (thus far). 

I think this is only the second time Atkins has been hurt in 11 years. Before this year, he hadn't missed a game since 2013 and was a 6x Pro Bowler and 1x All-Pro in those 6 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
All hell broke lose. So much for that good news (and win).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, I am still glad that Atkins is here. No way to know he would get hurt unlike how it was relatively predictable that AJ wasn't working out (thus far). 

I think this is only the second time Atkins has been hurt in 11 years. Before this year, he hadn't missed a game since 2013 and was a 6x Pro Bowler and 1x All-Pro in those 6 years.

I didn't necessarily think he would get hurt.  I just question whether it's worth the investment on an aging, and clearly declining player.

To each their own, but if I were the Bengals I would have shipped off Green, Atkins, and Dunlap at the trade deadline last season to the highest bidder. Clear that money off the books, add some picks to your draft class, and reinvest those dollars in free agency.  

IMHO, this team's biggest mistake was keeping one foot in the past, and moving one foot forward into a rebuild. They should have embraced, and gone all in. Those 3 dudes are just an absolute waste of dollars right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not at all trying to gloat, but if we could go back in time, is anybody still thinking they're glad to have these two around?

I am glad we still have Geno.

3 games into last season you were gloating about how bad Joe Mixon was and over the next 13 games he was one of only 7 RBs to gain 1000+ yards and average at least 4.3 per carry.

As for Green I was against re-signing him, but at least we just gave him a one year deal.  Plus, other than Green we only have 2 WRs with at least 30 receiving yards.  
Reply/Quote
Can't catch a break with the injuries.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am glad we still have Geno.

I mean, why wouldn't you be?   It's clearly paying dividends.

But I know, I shouldn't worry, he'll back at some point. (Where he'll still being get elite money to look like a shell of his former self)
Reply/Quote
Too bad we opted for a 2nd kicker instead of signing another DT.

No way we stop the reigning Offensive rookie of the month.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Too bad we opted for a 2nd kicker instead of signing another DT.

Mike's probably been bringing up the idea that we should covert the backup kicker to tight end in team meetings, and that's why he's still around.
Reply/Quote
Still rolling with Geno won't play until the child is born.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This defense is going to get smoked.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This yearly tradition of having an expensive player malinger with hangnail has become an annual affair.

This probably has something to do with Geno going on the Atkins Diet. GIVE MY BOY A CARB.

Cam Newton went on some weird diet his last year in Carolina. He said it made him feel great, but he was slower and weaker and dressed even worse.

I don't recall the diet plan, but I want to say it was centered around not eating fresh rabbit 24 hours before sexual activity. The resultant disorder it produces is called the Electric Squirrel. That's probably not the medical term for it. But I think we all know what it is.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Give Peko a call ffs.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah Daniels is going on IR I hope, so much for that signing. He hurt his elbow in practice and is out 3-8 weeks.
Reply/Quote
We gotta move on from AJ and Geno. This is ridiculous
Reply/Quote