Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels to IR Redmond to 53
Mike Daniels has been placed on IR with an elbow injury sustained in practice. Alex Redmond has been signed to take his place. Redmond is expected to start at RG tomorrow

also Torry McTyer and Freedom Akinmoladun have been activated for tomorrow's game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2020, 04:05 PM)pally Wrote: Mike Daniels has been placed on IR with an elbow injury sustained in practice.  Alex Redmond has been signed to take his place.  Redmond is expected to start at RG tomorrow

also Torry McTyer and Freedom Akinmoladun have been activated for tomorrow's game

Still dangerously thin at the DT spot. Wonder why this team is against looking at a guy like Peko at this point. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Daniels is cleared for practice. I wonder if we get a window of time before we have to make space for him on the 53.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:57 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Daniels is off IR and cleared for practice. I wonder if we get a window of time before we have to make space for him on the 53.

1 week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:57 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Daniels is off IR and cleared for practice. I wonder if we get a window of time before we have to make space for him on the 53.

(10-21-2020, 12:09 PM)pally Wrote: 1 week

Bengals front page has my answer:

“Today starts a 21-day period during which Daniels may practice with the team without counting against the 53-player active roster. He is eligible to be activated to the roster at any time during that period.”
Reply/Quote
Daniels coming back would be a huge shot in the arm for the DL, especially considering that we've lost Reader and given Geno's rather unceremonious return since his injury.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Daniels coming back would be a huge shot in the arm for the DL, especially considering that we've lost Reader and given Geno's rather unceremonious return since his injury.

Plus, Hubbard on the practice field is a good sign. Might be able to get our pass rush on track some day.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus, Hubbard on the practice field is a good sign. Might be able to get our pass rush on track some day.

I worry about something like the hyperextended/sprained elbow turning into one of those nagging, lingering type of injuries.  As long as there is no serious tendon/ligament damage, hopefully they can just give him a solid brace to protect it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 05:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I worry about something like the hyperextended/sprained elbow turning into one of those nagging, lingering type of injuries.  As long as there is no serious tendon/ligament damage, hopefully they can just give him a solid brace to protect it.

Yeah, worrisome injury. Like you said, hopefully they give Sam a solid brace. Need this guy especially after what we have seen from
Dunlap this year and the rest of our pass rush. Hubbard gives us another element on Defense no other player really can.
Reply/Quote