Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Danny Trevathan
Went to the bears for 4yr/$24.5m. Never understood why the Bengals don't invest more money/more wisely in a great LB corp. For barely more than $1m/yr more, you could have Travathen over Maualuga.

Oh well, either way the Bengals need to find a LB who can actually cover, because the Steelers signed Ladarius Green who's stats don't back up how good he is since he has been stuck behind a HoF TE in Antonio Gates. If old as hell Heath Miller put up 20 catches in 2 games against the Bengals last year, they REALLY need to finally find someone who can shut down a TE.

Won't solve the TE problem, but I would like to see the Bengals target Zach Brown for MLB and see about kicking Maualuga back out to SAM if not replacing him outright.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
While I agree with you on Trevathan and the purpose of this thread, the TE thing is a bit exaggerated. Heath was open because the other receiving options were covered, by scheme.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:40 AM)TGISunday Wrote: While I agree with you on Trevathan and the purpose of this thread, the TE thing is a bit exaggerated.  Heath was open because the other receiving options were covered, by scheme.

I don't know man, I just know old washed up Heath Miller got a full one third of his receptions in 2015 in 2 games against the Bengals.

Heath Miller vs Bengals (2 games): 20 catches, 171 yards, 0 TD
Heath Miller vs Others (13 games): 40 catches, 364 yards, 2 TD

I feel like TEs were less of an issue than it was in the past, but it was still sorta there.

- - - - - -

Either way, to the original point.. when Trevathan goes for like $6.125m/yr and you have Maualuga at $5m/yr, it's a pretty bad feeling. Really would love for the Bengals to just finally fix the LB corps 100% one of these days rather than getting people Lewis thinks he can coach up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know man,

That is the point.

All you know how to do is spin everything to make the Bengals look as bad as possible.  The Bengals defense did the best job of any team in the league in shutting down the Steelers pass game and all you can do is squeal and cry about it?
Reply/Quote
NFL network keeps showing me 4 year 28 million for Danny.

Maualuga has been a starting LB for a lot of top 10 defenses.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maualuga has been a starting LB for a lot of top 10 defenses.

And he only makes $3.7 million this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Went to the bears for 4yr/$24.5m. Never understood why the Bengals don't invest more money/more wisely in a great LB corp. For barely more than $1m/yr more, you could have Travathen over Maualuga.

Oh well, either way the Bengals need to find a LB who can actually cover, because the Steelers signed Ladarius Green who's stats don't back up how good he is since he has been stuck behind a HoF TE in Antonio Gates. If old as hell Heath Miller put up 20 catches in 2 games against the Bengals last year, they REALLY need to finally find someone who can shut down a TE.

Won't solve the TE problem, but I would like to see the Bengals target Zach Brown for MLB and see about kicking Maualuga back out to SAM if not replacing him outright.

That was going to be a tough sell to get Travathon here.  He went back to John Fox in Chicago.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:39 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That was going to be a tough sell to get Travathon here.  He went back to John Fox in Chicago.

But he did sign cheaper than I thought.  That is one of the few free agent deals I have seen that look like a bargain.
Reply/Quote