Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dansby Signing With Bengals
According to Ian Rappaport.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
The #Bengals are signing LB Karlos Dansby today, source said. The former #Browns defender visited last week.
Reply/Quote
I hope that this is true. He's good, he's knowledgable, and he's all in with a "super bowl or bust" mentality. His signing could really take the pressure off to find and start a young guy right this second.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 01:35 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I hope that this is true. He's good, he's knowledgable, and he's all in with a "super bowl or bust" mentality. His signing could really take the pressure off to find and start a young guy right this second.

gives us a little cushin till burfict is back
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 01:35 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I hope that this is true. He's good, he's knowledgable, and he's all in with a "super bowl or bust" mentality. His signing could really take the pressure off to find and start a young guy right this second.

For sure. This opens up the Draft more and it sounds like we will be signing Lafell too which opens it up even more.

This is the way you do FA, you do it to open up the Draft. Dansby and Lafell do this. With Burfict being out the first
3 games you bring in a guy that can play all the positions and Lafell has better production than MLJ and Mo and is a
bigger target for Dalton. We will still probably draft a LB and a WR but it is all BPA, just the way you want it.
Reply/Quote
Wait, let me get this straight.

He wants to be here.
He fills a need.
Adding him to the roster would give us our deepest group of LB's in years.
He is a high character guy.
Signing him would open up the draft to BPA.

Hard not to be excited about this.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 01:47 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Wait, let me get this straight.

He wants to be here.
He fills a need.
Adding him to the roster would give us our deepest group of LB's in years.
He is a high character guy.
Signing him would open up the draft to BPA.

Hard not to be excited about this.

He was cut so he does not affect the compensatory picks as well. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good move should've had him wrapped up years ago instead of bringing in Harrison. It's obvious how Dansby fits into our defense during the first 3 weeks but what about after that?

Burfict
Mauluga
Rey
Hawk
Dansby

All are decent or better in their own way. I can't even imagine the headache Guenther will have if Dawson ends up panning out during this camp.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:02 PM)MrRager Wrote: He was cut so he does not affect the compensatory picks as well. 

That, too.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:23 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Good move should've had him wrapped up years ago instead of bringing in Harrison. It's obvious how Dansby fits into our defense during the first 3 weeks but what about after that?

Burfict
Mauluga
Rey
Hawk
Dansby

All are decent or better in their own way. I can't even imagine the headache Guenther will have if Dawson ends up panning out during this camp.

I think after week 3 it will be like this...

SAM - Dansby, Rey, Flowers/rookie
MIKE - Maualuga/Rey, Dawson
WILL - Burfict, Dawson, Rey, Flowers/rookie

Obviously i don't see AJ Hawk making the team after what he shown last season and after us getting Dansby.

Vinny should get a lot of snaps at MIKE in passing situations so he is pretty much the starter with Maualuga being the starter on running downs. Vinny would be pretty much backing up all the spots and is there in case of injury.

Dawson i have not seen play SAM yet, so there is that. Flowers could be good if he just can stay healthy but if we get a good rookie he could be gone. We will draft a LB i am sure so this is a probability. Gotta stay healthy to have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think after week 3 it will be like this...

Obviously i don't see AJ Hawk making the team after what he shown last season and after us getting Dansby.

Vinny should get a lot of snaps at MIKE in passing situations so he is pretty much the starter with Maualuga being the starter on running downs. Vinny would be pretty much backing up all the spots and is there in case of injury.

Dawson i have not seen play SAM yet, so there is that. Flowers could be good if he just can stay healthy but if we get a good rookie he could be gone. We will draft a LB i am sure so this is a probability. Gotta stay healthy to have a shot.

with burfict and taylor mays(i think we signed) suspended hawk might stick around the first 3 weeks until burfict returns if he makes the roster. never know who should up in or after the draft too..

And mays if they need him after his 4 weeks are up will bump someone else off the roster. who and from where i dont know but at least 2 people that might not have made the roster have a chance for a few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: with burfict and taylor mays(i think we signed)  suspended  hawk might stick around the first 3 weeks until burfict returns if he makes the roster.  never know who should up in or after the draft too..

And mays if they need him after his 4 weeks are up will bump someone else off the roster.  who and from where i dont know  but at least 2 people that might not have made the roster have a chance for a few weeks.

Yeah, Hawk might stick around until Burfict is back, that is true.

I don't know about Mays especially if we draft a LB which i believe we will. I know Simmons likes Mays for his ST's play
but a rookie could fill in and take his spot and it wouldn't surprise me. I thought Mays was better than some on here say
when he was with us but he hasn't been very good since. We will see.

Tons of stuff up in the air right now. Vinny got a big deal but i don't see him starting on running downs ahead of Rey.
Dansby and Burfict will definately be starting after week 3 if both are healthy, that is all i know.
Reply/Quote
Mays might find his ass cut before he even gets started.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mays might find his ass cut before he even gets started.....

Wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mays might find his ass cut before he even gets started.....

Very likely. I think Mays was insurance signing, and now the Dansby signing makes Taylor expendable.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Very likely. I think Mays was insurance signing, and now the Dansby signing makes Taylor expendable.

He's never shown up to sign the deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I LIK THIS ALOT
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think after week 3 it will be like this...

No way Dawson plays Mike. No Green Sticker on that helmet.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think after week 3 it will be like this...

My guess is that Dansby is taking Lamur's vacant spot on the roster.  IF we draft a LB high, the final spot will be a camp battle between Flowers and Hawk.
(03-29-2016, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's never shown up to sign the deal.
I keep wondering why people keep thinking he's been signed when there has never been mention outside of this board.
(03-29-2016, 06:32 PM)SFmajor Wrote: No way Dawson plays Mike.  No Green Sticker on that helmet.
Any position can wear the sticker.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Solid signing, IMO. ThumbsUp

Not flashy, but typical Bengal FA move. That has been working for us.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote