Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dansby Wants To Match Tez's Drive
(03-30-2016, 11:11 PM)Gohards Wrote: What.... ? Dansby was in the afc north already.... So big bens chance of injury would stay the same.... Use your head.

As for being egotistical, i dont know about the whole "bengals licking their chops", but then again that was actually completely true. If you spend a year with the browns, and your career isnt ruined and you're still egotistical, youre an asset for this team. That is just strong

He also has that Miami connection with Coyle, so no doubt there was some talking going on.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, controlled passion.

With Haslett and Dansby this should only help out players like Burfict and vice versa.

Yea i agree. Play with in the limits, but bust some heads, especially some Stillers heads...legally of course lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I heard him in an interview with Mo Egger yesterday and he definitely has an ego...but not in a bad way. Its like he knows he is good and knows hes going to beat you out on the field. I welcome that to our defense.

I don't think you can play in the NFL, let alone linebacker in the NFL, and not have an ego.  Knowing you're good, and believing you're better than the guy you're going against, would have to be a huge asset for any player.  These guys don't get to this level by trying for or believing they are second best.  They were the best player in gym class, pee wee, high school, and unless they went to a powerhouse program they were probably the best player on their college team as well (even then, they were one of the best in order to get drafted).  I firmly believe it not only takes the physical build, but also a certain mental makeup to be a professional athlete.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 01:34 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He started out and played almost half of his career as a 4-3 LB though. He probably likes being in a 4-3 defense better.

Having Dansby here in stripes is so so huge,believe this,he is a great player and he will light it up on sundays.Our D just got a whole whole lot better.If he stays healthy,he will be someone you will be posting about on Mondays.This guy can flat out play football.I am stoked to have him. With Tez and him on the field,its going to be a blast to watch them put the hammer down.
Reply/Quote
He never will, but glad he wants to.
Reply/Quote
You all can come back and bust me if I am wrong, but

I think Dansby will be one of the three best and maybe the best FA we have ever signed.

He is going to have a huge positive impact
Reply/Quote
I don't mind Dansby teaching Burfict how to play with a little more control, so long as Dansby doesn't mind Burfict (and Nelson if he's back) teaching him how to make Le'Veon Bell have a season ending knee injury and how to savor the deluge of Steelers fan tears that ensue. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:39 PM)Crowe Wrote: Yea i agree. Play with in the limits, but bust some heads, especially some Stillers heads...legally of course lol.

(03-31-2016, 07:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't mind Dansby teaching Burfict how to play with a little more control, so long as Dansby doesn't mind Burfict (and Nelson if he's back) teaching him how to make Le'Veon Bell have a season ending knee injury and how to savor the deluge of Steelers fan tears that ensue.  Ninja

True that fellas. We have to have to keep our morality here. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 05:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't think you can play in the NFL, let alone linebacker in the NFL, and not have an ego.

These guys don't get to this level by trying for or believing they are second best.

I firmly believe it not only takes the physical build, but also a certain mental makeup to be a professional athlete.

This.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see both of them on the field at once!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 11:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that fellas. We have to have to keep our morality here. Ninja

Haha yep.  Good Post
Reply/Quote
Outstanding signing from the front office. Can't wait to see this D on the field. Still holding out hope they can get Reggie Nelson back.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 04:30 AM)magikod Wrote: I can't wait to see both of them on the field at once!

This... I think both of these guys on the field at the same time will give us one of the better linebacking corps weve seen in a long time. I think we found our solution for covering those pesky pass catching tight ends.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Awesome signing, looking forward to seeing this defense on the field.
Can't wait to see who we draft as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:14 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Awesome signing,  looking forward to seeing this defense on the field.
Can't wait to see who we draft as well.

I agree, Dansby will be a beast on the field for us. 

If things keep up, our defense could be better this upcoming year than last year. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'm excited. Picking up with adding more intensity from a season that could have been...or a mis-play that could have been. Dansby is good for him and the organization. I just hope this among the -need- to win now approach can get the Bengals and their more than deserving fans a playoff win, a Steelers sweep, not to mention a second AFC championship in a row, which hasn't yet happened in Bengals history. Paul Brown has to be looking down with a smile, I feel that, maybe the organization can finally win one for Paul on his 25th anniversary of his passing this season.
Who-Dey!

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
I know Maualuga doesn't get a lot of love from some people here, but there is no doubt that he can flat out lay the wood on people trying to run up the middle. Having Rey, Burfict and Dansby on the field together is a dream....
Reply/Quote