Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Dansby info.
--He is durable. He has only missed a total of 12 games in 12 years. he has played in all 16 games in 6 of his last 8 seasons.

--He is versatile. He started as a 4-3 SOLB (Sam) from '04-'06, 4-3 WOLB (Will) from '07-'08, 3-4 LILB '09, and 3-4 RILB '10. He started inside in the Browns 3-4 scheme the last 2 years.

--He is a big play machine. He has 41 career sacks and 19 career ints. His 6 career int return tds rank 17th all time. In the playoffs he has an interception and a fumble return for a td.

--He was a WR in high school and grew into a LB at Auburn. At 247 lbs he ran a 4.58 forty and had a 34.5 vert. at the combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 09:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: --He is durable.  He has only missed a total of 12 games in 12 years.  he has played in all 16 games in 6 of his last 8 seasons.

--He is versatile.  He started as a 4-3 SOLB (Sam) from '04-'06, 4-3 WOLB (Will) from '07-'08, 3-4 LILB '09, and 3-4 RILB '10.  He started inside in the Browns 3-4 scheme the last 2 years.

--He is a big play machine.  He has 41 career sacks and 19 career ints.  His 6 career int return tds rank 17th all time.  In the playoffs he has an interception and a fumble return for a td.

--He was a WR in high school and grew into a LB at Auburn.  At 247 lbs he ran a 4.58 forty and had a 34.5 vert. at the combine.

Good post. Marvin mentioned how Dansby offers the flexibility to contribute in every defensive situation. I'm excited to see him and Burfict on the field together.
Reply/Quote
Message board equivalent of a makeup call...... Ninja

Seriously....interesting info. Even at his age, I like the pick up.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good signing our linebacker core is improved... once all 3 dansby rey and burfict are on the field together. and it takes a little sting away from the burfict suspension
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 10:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Good signing our linebacker core is improved... once all 3 dansby rey and burfict are on the field together.  and it takes a little sting away from the burfict suspension

I'm hoping for the emergence of Dawson at the WILL with Dansby at the SAM.   Depends who we're playing, but it would be a good time to get the man some snaps with a strong group on the field and good support (V.Rey) ready to bail him if necessary.

We also need to significantly upgrade the D-Line to maximize the impact of our LBs.

We have one year with this guy.   We need to make it count
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 11:55 AM)3wt Wrote: I'm hoping for the emergence of Dawson at the WILL with Dansby at the SAM.   Depends who we're playing, but it would be a good time to get the man some snaps with a strong group on the field and good support (V.Rey) ready to bail him if necessary.

We also need to significantly upgrade the D-Line to maximize the impact of our LBs.

We have one year with this guy.   We need to make it count

With us not resigning gilberry its telling me we have a DE/DT targeted in the first few rounds. with this being very deep at DT i could see us going something like DE/WR or C/DT

and maybe they surprise us and get another day 2 pick with a trade of mccarron or something.

(i only put C there because theres a good prospect from alabama with a 2nd round grade but i keep seeing articles calling for us to check out the jags FA center)
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With us not resigning gilberry its telling me we have a DE/DT targeted in the first few rounds.  with this being very deep at DT  i could see us going something like DE/WR or C/DT

and maybe they surprise us and get another day 2 pick with a trade of mccarron or something.

(i only put C there because theres a good prospect from alabama with a 2nd round grade  but i keep seeing articles calling for us to check out the jags FA center)

I saw somewhere that Hardison is supposed to be the replacement for Gillberry as the hybrid DE/DT
Reply/Quote
--Since Dansby entered the league in 2004 he has 19 ints and 41 sacks. No other player in the league has as many as 15 ints and 30 sacks. The only other player in the league with as many as a dozen ints and 25 sacks is Derrick Johnson (13 and 26.5), and he has 219 fewer tackles than Dansby (990 to 1209).
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: --Since Dansby entered the league in 2004 he has 19 ints and 41 sacks.  No other player in the league has as many as 15 ints and 30 sacks.  The only other player in the league with as many as a dozen ints and 25 sacks is  Derrick Johnson (13 and 26.5), and he has 219 fewer tackles than Dansby (990 to 1209).

lets not forget this production comes in multiple teams and multiple schemes.  how many of the best line backers of all time could have put up their numbers with multiple teams.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I saw somewhere that Hardison is supposed to be the replacement for Gillberry as the hybrid DE/DT

that makes sense. but i still feel the need for a DE with clark and hunt yet to impress.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2016, 12:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I saw somewhere that Hardison is supposed to be the replacement for Gillberry as the hybrid DE/DT

They tried that some last year, but I would prefer that Hardison gain some weight and play DT full time.
Reply/Quote