Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darius Phillips
Kid is just a playmaker !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHTQLLIALbg
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 02:21 AM)pulses Wrote: Kid is just a playmaker !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHTQLLIALbg

2 years later how do you like me now  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Nicely done. Now the bengals need another CB. Who’s the sleeper this year?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:33 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Nicely done. Now the bengals need another CB. Who’s the sleeper this year?

We really don’t if we re-sign Dennard. I’m good rolling with WJ3, Dre, Dennard, and Phillips.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We really don’t if we re-sign Dennard. I’m good rolling with WJ3, Dre, Dennard, and Phillips.

Oh boy..You've crossed the dreaded Dre line of no return. You do know you'll be expected to turn in your Dre hate card immediately and be branded as a Dre lover forever...right?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: Oh boy..You've crossed the dreaded Dre line of no return. You do know you'll be expected to turn in your Dre hate card immediately and be branded as a Dre lover forever...right?  Nervous

I go back and fourth on Dre. He’s not great, but he’s not as bad as some here claim. I don’t think CB is a major need right now compared to some other positions.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We really don’t if we re-sign Dennard. I’m good rolling with WJ3, Dre, Dennard, and Phillips.

We really do if we roll with WJ3, Dre, Dennard and Phillips.

That might be ok for 2020 but not one of them is signed for 2022 and only Dre (a major cap cut candidate) and Phillips are signed for 2021.

Now is the perfect time for another 5th round sleeper like Phillips. It'll give them a year or two to get him ready to start. Draft a 5th rounder now (and look at that CFL guy and the waiver claimed guy) in the hope that you don't need to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder in a year or two's time.
Reply/Quote
We will take a CB at some point in this draft. It may not be until day 3 but we will add another body because as it's been pointed out we don't have any really locked up long term. The bigger question is do we think WJ3 is a #1? He has not been as good as he was for that one season and it is starting to look more fluke than norm. That then raises the question of what do you pay him? I don't think I am comfortable paying him like a 1 which means you could end up at a contract impasse. I would not be shocked if the right corner was available at 33 (first round faller) that we pull the trigger that early.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:34 AM)Au165 Wrote: We will take a CB at some point in this draft. It may not be until day 3 but we will add another body because as it's been pointed out we don't have any really locked up long term. The bigger question is do we think WJ3 is a #1? He has not been as good as he was for that one season and it is starting to look more fluke than norm. That then raises the question of what do you pay him? I don't think I am comfortable paying him like a 1 which means you could end up at a contract impasse. I would not be shocked if the right corner was available at 33 (first round faller) that we pull the trigger that early.

I believe WJ3 is a very good trade option. He has alot of qualities that coaches go crazy for but up and down tape with 1 year left on his contract. A late 3rd early 4th wouldn't be out of the question. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:42 AM)Synric Wrote: I believe WJ3 is a very good trade option. He has alot of qualities that coaches go crazy for but up and down tape with 1 year left on his contract a late 3rd early 4th wouldnt be out of the question. 

I actually think Minnesota with Zimmer makes a lot of sense assuming he survives the year. Rumor is he could be out with a loss this weekend. 
Reply/Quote
We did sign Winston Rose and Tony Brown as well.

Not because he played in the CFL, but I think Rose will be a good one, especially if he signed multi-year.

We'll see...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope they look at Safety too. 2020 will be the last year Shawn Williams' deal and he had a pretty bad year in 2019.

They need Corners Safeties Linebackers. Another Edge and Rush DT wouldnt hurt either...
They need OTs IOL WRs QB possibly a RB...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We really don’t if we re-sign Dennard. I’m good rolling with WJ3, Dre, Dennard, and Phillips.

Right. I don’t mean in top 5 rounds. I wouldn’t mind taking another shot at a CB in the sixth or seventh rounds.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 10:52 AM)Synric Wrote: I hope they look at Safety too. 2020 will be the last year Shawn Williams' deal and he had a pretty bad year in 2019.

They need Corners Safeties Linebackers. Another Edge and Rush DT wouldnt hurt either...
They need OTs IOL WRs QB possibly a RB...

Wonder if we ever get anything out of those 2 RB’s we took last year...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have bigger immediate needs.

What immediate needs would you be addressing with a 5th round pick?

We should be addressing immediate needs with FA and at most the first three rounds. You can't be waiting until the 5th round of the draft to be addressing an immediate need.

The franchise also needs to be taking a longer term approach than just looking at immediate needs. We're not in a win now window.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 11:53 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: What immediate needs would you be addressing with a 5th round pick?

We should be addressing immediate needs with FA and at most the first three rounds. You can't be waiting until the 5th round of the draft to be addressing an immediate need.

The franchise also needs to be taking a longer term approach than just looking at immediate needs. We're not in a win now window.

Positions I think we need more than CB...

QB, WR, OT, OG, LB, SS.

I’d prefer to double up on OL and LB rather than a CB, but we’ll see. If they do actually bring in some quality FA’s that certainly changes things. I’m not holding my breath on that though.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 12:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Positions I think we need more than CB...

QB, WR, OT, OG, LB, SS.

I’d prefer to double up on OL and LB rather than a CB, but we’ll see. If they do actually bring in some quality FA’s that certainly changes things. I’m not holding my breath on that though.

I wouldn't disagree that those are bigger positions of immediate need. I would disagree that you're going to get an immediate starter in any of those positions in the 5th round and suspect (with the exception of maybe S) if the Bengals failed to address one of those positions until the 5th round you'd wouldn't be too happy.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 02:33 AM)Tren chWarfare Wrote: Nicely done. Now the bengals need another CB. Who’s the sleeper this year?

Remember the name Reid Harrison Ducros.
Reply/Quote