Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darius Slay Released
After failing to restructure his contract, The Eagles just released Slay.

Slay just turned 32. So age is a factor, but I would love if we at least gave him a call to see if he wants to go chase a ring.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:56 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: After failing to restructure his contract, The Eagles just released Slay.

Slay just turned 32. So age is a factor, but I would love if we at least gave him a call to see if he wants to go chase a ring.

slated to make a base salary of $17 million this year with a cap hit of more than $26 million. And 
Reply/Quote
I mean getting him would definitely be going after it 100%

Losing both safeties and Hurst has to free up money.

You get Slay and you are basically done until the draft.

I think we’re out just because if we signed him we now have issues with filling the roster out with decent players
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:08 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean getting him would definitely be going after it 100%

Losing both safeties and Hurst has to free up money.

You get Slay and you are basically done until the draft.

I think we’re out just because if we signed him we now have issues with filling the roster out with decent players

We have (roughly) $36 mil in cap space with 46 guys signed. Now, some of thise guys may get replaced/released/upgraded. I count 46 who have been rostered with us before: 

O starters: 10 of 11. Burrow; Mixon; Chase, Higgins, Boyd; J. Williams,,Volson, Karras, Cappa, Collins. Missing TE. 

D starters: 10 of 11. Hendrickson, Reader, BJ Hill, Hubbard; L. Wilson, Pratt; Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, Hilton; D. Hill. Missing FS. 

ST starters: 3 of 3. McPherson, Chrisman, Adomitis. 
---------------- 

O Reserves: 9 (8) of 14. T. Williams, Evans; Irwin, Morgan; Asiasi; Carman, Adeniji, Smith, T. Hill. Assuming: QB(2), RB(4), WR(6), TE(3), OL(10).  Missing: QB2, RB2, WR6, TE2, OG3, OG4. Too many: OTs (5). 

D Reserves: 13 (12) of 14. Ossai, C. Sample, Gunter; Tupou, Carter, Tufele; ADG, Bailey, Bachie; Davis; Thomas, Anderson, B. Wilson.. Assuming: DE(5), DT/NT(5), LB(5), CB(6), S(4). Missing: CB4, CB5. Too many reserve safeties (3).

Returners: 1 of 2. T. Williams (KR).
----------- 

Now, we could certainly use some upgrades in some spots. And some fuys will likely get released (B. Wilson). But it not like we have a lot of gaping holes. TE. FS. Depth at OG and boundary corner. TE2. RB2. 

If we cut B. Wilson, we'll have $38 mil in cap space. Say $32 minus the 7 rookies. If we shop wisely, FA + the draftcshoukd be enough to both pkug the holes and do some upgrades. 
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he might be staying with Philly after all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:42 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Sounds like he might be staying with Philly after all.

Sent a tweet that said he’s done in Philly, so we might have a shot!
Reply/Quote
Add Darius Slay AND Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to the Cincinnati secondary!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Slay is re-signed in Philly
Reply/Quote