Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darnold traded to CAR
(04-05-2021, 07:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Based on a snippet from a podcast with Dan Hoard, Tobin basically confirmed what I said above about them not wanting to go too far back. Interestingly enough he also mentioned he thought the draft was much deeper at OL than WR.

Which leads you believe Chase will be the pick if he's there and they don't want to trade back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep. Everything certainly seems to be pointing to Chase.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Per Schefter, Darnold was traded to CAR.

CAR sends:
- 2021 6th rounder
- 2022 2nd and 4th rounder

This all but assures the first 3 picks will all be QBs, thereby making it just as much of a certainty that Sewell and/or Chase will be available at 5, which seems like the ideal scenario.

What this also means is that the 5th overall pick could have just increased in value, as fewer "top-tier" QBs will be available by the time the 5th pick comes around. That could mean a really good offer to the Bengals for a trade-back scenario.
The 5th overall pick could be even higher value if ATL also takes a QB, leaving just arguably one "top-tier" QB remaining.

Whoops I just dropped this in the around the NFL area lol.

I love the "top-tier".

Trevor Lawrence is top tier.

Zach Wilson and even more so Trey Lance are project QB's with big potential.

Mac Jones and Kyle Trasks are career backup QB's at best.

Justin Fields I'm just not sure on. I feel like he could be a major bust about as much as he could be the next Jackson or Watson. Personally if I didn't get Lawrence and I needed a QB to play this year I'd be risking it with Fields.

The funny thing is that QB's the most important position and teams go absolutely crazy trying to get one and willing to risk a lot on prospects that just aren't worth 1st round consideration. Realistically Lawrence is your typical #1 overall QB. Fields is that guy that floats somewhere in the first half of the draft, and then Wilson/Lance are those guys that should be falling to the bottom of the first top of the second either to a lucky team with an old QB to groom them or a bad team that skipped QB early and trades up or lucks into a talanted project QB. Jones and Trask are your middle of the second and later guys that people think could be an NFL starter but end up just being a backup or out of the league in 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Trade lines us up even more for Sewell , I dont see Atlanta taking him.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2021, 05:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How far would you trade back though?  Would you risk on missing out on Sewell AND Chase?

If it's a big offer, you obviously have to consider it, but do we risk missing out on improving the team this year for future/later picks?

Just look at an example of what the Bengals could potentially do if they trade back out of range of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
See attachment

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Interesting to note everything today from Schefter and Daniel Jeremiah is Jones is the pick at 3. I think that actually keeps the door open potentially on a trade back from 5 to say 9 where a less developed guy like Lance could compete with Lock for the job and sit a year if he needs to.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 03:18 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just look at an example of what the Bengals could potentially do if they trade back out of range of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts.

NICE WORK!
Reply/Quote