Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daronte Jones new CB coach
worked for Vance Joseph in Miami

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/coaches/JONES/785115e2-a687-4eb2-a349-d787cdc4e1cb

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: worked for Vance Joseph in Miami

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/coaches/JONES/785115e2-a687-4eb2-a349-d787cdc4e1cb

Okay.

Now, I just need all you guys to tell me if this is a good hire. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Okay.

Sounds good that he worked with Vance in Mammi, they had some good corners there.

But i would like to have more info myself. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Couldn’t fined much info on him. Stops in Hawaii and Wisconsin as DB coach prior to Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds good that he worked with Vance in Mammi, they had some good corners there.

But i would like to have more info myself. Mellow

From what I can gather, he was named DBs coach at Univ. Hawaii in 2012, two years later promoted to Asst. Head Coach.  From there, a year as DBs Coach for Wisconsin, before spending the past 2 seasons with the Dolphins.

Must be pretty good, that's a rather meteoric rise through the college ranks into the Pros.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I can gather, he was named DBs coach at Univ. Hawaii in 2012, two years later promoted to Asst. Head Coach.  From there, a year as DBs Coach for Wisconsin, before spending the past 2 seasons with the Dolphins.

Must be pretty good, that's a rather meteoric rise through the college ranks into the Pros.

Sure is, thanks Sunset, sounds like a nice hire. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Okay.

I would like to know if he will actually have our corners play on an island, which their draft position implies they should be able to do.  Our safeties neither cover well nor help stop the run.  They are kind of caught in between.  I would rather see our safeties closer to the LOS to defend TEs, RBs, and take away the easy stuff most teams have enjoyed of late.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I can gather, he was named DBs coach at Univ. Hawaii in 2012, two years later promoted to Asst. Head Coach.  From there, a year as DBs Coach for Wisconsin, before spending the past 2 seasons with the Dolphins.

And if I am looking for positives, Miami seemed to be Brady's kryptonite.  I still hope in some way that the Bengals are the team that finally end the Pats in their stadium.  Then again, I am still hoping for a Ferrari, new Head Coach with balls, and Cameron Diaz to want me to be her personal swim coach so I won't be holding my breath.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would like to know if he will actually have our corners play on an island, which their draft position implies they should be able to do.  Our safeties neither cover well nor help stop the run.  They are kind of caught in between.  I would rather see our safeties closer to the LOS to defend TEs, RBs, and take away the easy stuff most teams have enjoyed of late.  

I guess watching what the Lions did on defense last year would give you the answers to those questions. Pretty sure Slay played mostly on an island last year. Don’t know how the safeties were used, but they have a good one in Glover Quin.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would like to know if he will actually have our corners play on an island, which their draft position implies they should be able to do.  Our safeties neither cover well nor help stop the run.  They are kind of caught in between.  I would rather see our safeties closer to the LOS to defend TEs, RBs, and take away the easy stuff most teams have enjoyed of late.  

With the talent of WRs today and multiple sets.. the days of straight up man coverage are less and less across the board in the NFL but the Bengals do play a bit more zone coverage than most teams so we will see if we that trend continues not with Jones as CB coach though, that will be to Austin the new DC
Reply/Quote
Looks like a good hire. No Pittsburgh ties. Amazing!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I guess watching what the Lions did on defense last year would give you the answers to those questions. Pretty sure Slay played mostly on an island last year. Don’t know how the safeties were used, but they have a good one in Glover Quin.

Agreed, and perhaps more importantly, he was put in a place to be ABLE to make plays.  I feel sometimes Marvin just has the safeties out there as window dressing.  Easy to work around them.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 09:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a good hire. No Pittsburgh ties. Amazing!

I was just going to ask. Couldn't find any info on him yesterday. 

This must not be a Marvin move.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote