Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daronte Jones won't be returning
According to Ben Baby, the Bengals won't be bringing back CB's coach Daronte Jones. He will be the 3rd coach so far to not be returning from last year's staff...along with Lubaka and Coombs, who both got hired by other teams.
Reply/Quote
Safety's have developed. CB's not so much (outside of Phillips).

Fine with Livingston staying. Willing to lose Jones. Thought maybe he'd head to Arizona.

Hopefully we don't replace the LB/CB coach with anyone from NYG or old Dolphins. Neither of those Defenses were any good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Who took Coombs?? What position is he coaching?
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:59 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2    Who took Coombs?? What position is he coaching?

Lions new STs coordinator. Nice move up for him.
Reply/Quote
Who cares?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 01:59 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2    Who took Coombs?? What position is he coaching?

New ST coach for the Lions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 05:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: According to Ben Baby, the Bengals won't be bringing back CB's coach Daronte Jones. He will be the 3rd coach so far to not be returning from last year's staff...along with Lubaka and Coombs, who both got hired by other teams.

Good news, should be getting much more out of talents like WJ3 then we have IMO.

This is something I wanted to happen.
Reply/Quote
Not sure where to stick this but not worth a new thread so I'm throwing it in here.

Maybe I missed the announcements on the coaching staff but looks like Van Pelt is returning.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/16/bengals-coaches-already-impressed-by-joe-burrow/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 11:38 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure where to stick this but not worth a new thread so I'm throwing it in here.

Maybe I missed the announcements on the coaching staff but looks like Van Pelt is returning.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/16/bengals-coaches-already-impressed-by-joe-burrow/

Good, always liked Van Pelt. Aaron Rodgers sure didn't like losing him but it was when he was coaching the Bucs terrible 
QB's up years ago that was the most impressive. I know he couldn't do much with Dalton and our other QB's but we have
had a bad O-line for years and if we can get this fixed along with adding Burrow Van Pelt should be able to really help Joe
out.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if they will announce the new db and lb coach before senior bowl activities next week
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2020, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good news, should be getting much more out of talents like WJ3 then we have IMO.

This is something I wanted to happen.

Yeah, changing coaches often typically isn't a good way to develop players, but in this circumstance I'd say it was definitely due.  We have too many 1st round picks in that secondary, for them to be underachieving the way that they have been.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 03:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, changing coaches often typically isn't a good way to develop players, but in this circumstance I'd say it was definitely due.  We have too many 1st round picks in that secondary, for them to be underachieving the way that they have been.

Yes, there was a poster on here that was saying not only were the Linebackers the problem on Defense but our talented 
Secondary players were not living up to their draft positions or talent under Daronte Jones. Forget the poster but he had 
data and analysis to back up his claim. Dennard was the only one who did live up to his draft status this season.

Bring Dennard back BTW.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, there was a poster on here that was saying not only were the Linebackers the problem on Defense but our talented 
Secondary players were not living up to their draft positions or talent under Daronte Jones. Forget the poster but he had 
data and analysis to back up his claim. Dennard was the only one who did live up to his draft status this season.

Bring Dennard back BTW.

Agree, Dennard has adapted well in the Slot role.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote